How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

Perfect Sun LED

How to grow in coco, a free Youtube video course.

Hello, this will be an ongoing thread, showing how I grow in coco. My method of coco growing always yields me consistent results, with green leaves up to the harvest, unless I feed just water long enough to starve the plants so the leaves start to yellow, do to the plants sucking nutrients from them.

If you follow my methods, you will get dank medicine, every time.

I will be showing my methods mostly with Youtube videos. Originally, when I started recording this process, it was going to be a paid for video course, but I decided this info should be free.

A bit about me before we get into the course.

I am a legal grower and care giver in the state of Oregon. I have been growing successfully in coco for three years, with many grows under my belt in that time. I have also been growing both autos and regulars in coco for that time, as well as in soil, though, I prefer coco. Both have their advantages.

Here is a pic of my White Widow x Big Bud grown in a five gallon bucket under 1000w Gavita DE bulb in a 6 foot light mover. I am using the very grow method I teach in this thread.

11-22-wwxbb.jpg

These plants still have until about Dec 15th before they are finished or earlier.

The course will take you through the whole growing process, step by step.

If you have any questions, please ask them. Also, you can make request for future videos to be part of this thread.

420magazine helped me so much in the beginning, so I am paying it forward. :)

Stay tuned for videos and text.

How to create a proper environment for your plants for largest yields.

I will post a video on this in the future as it is super important. Environment is one of the most neglected aspects of growing cannabis. One of the most abused is over watering, but that is not a problem with coco, because contrary to soil, you want to water daily, even not two to three times a day if you can.

Anyway, back on topic. Keep your environment good.

The basics of the environment for healthy plants:

Temperature: Between 70-80. I don't like to let my rooms go above or below those numbers. I find this gives me the best results.

Heat: Keep the heat off your plants with a fan.

Oxygen and Co2: Fresh air coming in, especially if you don't run a co2 tank.

Air flow: Oscillating fans. I will get into why this is important.

Humidity: keep it around 55 for flower. For veg, I try not to go over 80, but I don't worry about humidity in veg much at all.

I will make a video with details for all this, the how and why.

First video in the series is

How to prepare your coco coir from brick form

I use brick form of coco because after trying several brands, even those in bags, I found bricks are better and cheaper.

To store your coco that you don't use after you hydrate it, just squeeze it dry, then put it in a cardboard box or large paper sacks, something that lets it breath and dry out, then store for later. You can also dry it out in a homemade dehydrator. I will show how I made mine in a video update soonish.

Here is the video for preparing coco for marijuana.
[video=youtube;wlHoNN059WM]
[/video]

How to prepare your R/O water for nutrients in coco.

I presently use Flora Nova. I like it better than the modified Lukas Formula for coco. However, when I do deep water culture, then I use the lukas formula with Micro and Bloom.

I water every day with full nutes every time I water. The only time I cut my nutes in half is when the plant is still very young.

[video=youtube;jmlREa38qi4]
[/video]

Some side notes that might not be mentioned in the video.

I know people might get confused as to why I only use Flora Nova Bloom for watering. I do so because it has all the nitrogen, etc that a vegging plant needs. I get better results with this than if I use Flora Nova Grow during vegging. When I use the three part system by General Hydroponics, I only use Micro and Bloom. See below.

I sometimes use General Hydroponics, Micro and Bloom, a modified Lukas formula. When I do that, I use 6mL of micro per gallons of R/O water and 9mL of bloom per gallons of water. I also use 1mL of calmag plus per gallon of water. However, if I am using city water or well water, which I do not recommend, then I don't use any calmag plus or very little, like 2mL per 5 gallons of water.

The basic breakdown I use in the video for Flora Nova Bloom. I only use Bloom for veg and flower.

1. I shoot for 900-1200ppm for plants with a fully developed root system, i.e. a plant that has at least filled up a 1 gallon container with roots. Before that I use around 500ppm, from seedling on up.

For almost 5 gallons of water, i.e. a 5 gallon bucket almost filled to the top, 5mL calmag plus, 6.5 teaspoons of Flora Nova Bloom = about 1000-1100 ppm. If using R/O water, then 8mL of General Hydroponics PH up, should bring you to 5.8 PH, which is what I shoot for. This gives me nice and healthy plants. Super green. No deficiencies.

If you are using city water or well water, or anything other than R/O water, you will need to adjust a bit. First, you will not need much or any calmag plus, as calmag is in both well water and city water. Only use 2mL per gallon of water of calmag plus for city or well water. You will need little to no PH up. Check ph after adding calmag and Flora Nova Bloom.

Thank you everyone for stopping by. A lot more videos to come. They will show my whole process from beginning to enemy of u have questions or request let me know.

Quick question once the leaves get really dark green then the next watering would be water only?

When using my coco method they shouldn't get abnormally dark green. If they do, then I would just start feeding with say 4ml of flora nova bloom per five gallons of water instead of 6-7.

:bravo:great info ledrf thanks for making these videos I'm learning Alcott
about coco growing and how your getting awesome results :)
Hope theres more to come:thanks:

This is the most important video to watch in the whole series. It is now the first video in the How to Grow Marijuana in Coco playlist.

How to grow large buds.

[video=youtube;QPod_aMYJnI]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom