Please help a 1st timer - Nutrient burn on organic coco grow

NewGrawer

Hello everyone,

Yesterday night i noticed a start of Nutrient burn on my first grow in coco, i believe this has happened when i tried to treat the coco as hydro, and it seems like i gave too much compost tea (1GL dist. water + tbls Molasses + 100G of EWV + 5 TBLS Seabird guano, bubbled for a week)

she was like this

Day-23N4.jpg

then i start feeding her on shorter schedule by feeding half a letter of compost tea 5 days ago, then another half a letter 2 days ago.
12h after this feeding she started to show signs of Nutrient burn like this

Day-25M.jpg

so i flushed with tap water (air bubbled for 12H, then PH dropped to 6.5 using vinegar)

after another 12H she is like this
Day-25_N2.jpg
Day-25_N1.jpg

so i flushed again with tap waiter (air bubbled for 12H, then PH dropped to 6.5 using vinegar)

wondering what could i do next.
Note: i needed to about 1 tea spoon of vinegar to bring the PH down, and i wonder what is the effect of the microorganism and beneficial Bactria from my compost tea.

Would really appreciate any experts input as it seems that i have no idea what i am doing :(

Hey there,

I haven't personally used a mix of nutrients like yours (I'm using FloraSeries Trio for Hydro and Coco) and it's working good so far. Make sure you are watering with plain water in between nute feedings and only use 1/2 strength when starting out. If that's too strong, reduce to 1/4 until your ladies are used to the nutes.

I water my plants every day with nutes. However, when they are young like this, I only water/feed with enough to keep the rockwool moist. I start my plants in rockwool, then transplant into coco.

After the plants develops good roots and starts to drink, then I water until I get a little runoff.

I know they say it is impossible to overwater coco, but in the beginning, you want to water with very little. I've been growing in coco now for like six years or something, with many grows each year.

I water my plants every day with nutes. However, when they are young like this, I only water/feed with enough to keep the rockwool moist. I start my plants in rockwool, then transplant into coco.

After the plants develops good roots and starts to drink, then I water until I get a little runoff.

I know they say it is impossible to overwater coco, but in the beginning, you want to water with very little. I've been growing in coco now for like six years or something, with many grows each year.

thanks a lot. By the way i have been watching your grow vedios for quite sometimes. Very impresive and helpful. Highly appreciatd

Back
Top Bottom