Coco hempy?

Jammin33

High everyone getting very close to starting my grow and gathering up the last bit of supplies and i have a question. Is a TDS pen absolutely required for hempy buckets i could really use not having to shell out extra cash for that wife is about to kill me as it is thanks
Jammin

No. Tead- local hempy pusher extraordinaire, doesn't use a tds meter. He just measures by the 1/2 teaspoon or whatever and has a good eye for what his plants are saying. I grew that way for years as well. It's totally possible.
A ph meter- that's essential.

Skip the TDS... Some guys don't even measure pH hempy style (I wouldn't go that far tho lol). I feed Lucas 5-10 formula and had no problems.

I no longer use TDS, but I shifted early to trying to pay attention to qualitative signs the plants were giving instead of pegging everything to numbers. Just got a coco/perlite modified hempy grow with purple trainwreck going and I'll be using my pH meter for sure, but with my setup it'll be more like monitoring reservoir pH than checking runoff every time. i'd say either skip the TDS altogether (especially if it'll keep your wife happy!) or just pick up the absolute cheapest one on ebay. I'm doing a DocBud style OC+ and Calmag only grow though so TDS is basically immaterial to me. hope that 2cents helps!
be easy,
:peace:

throwing my 2cents in the pot---I have been getting good root development using grow bags and coco perlite (75/25) and as we are all striving to grow the best we can we are always reading and as I came back to the hempy pot thing I realized I might get something close to that massive root ball using coco croutons ---- this worked for me --at harvest I pulled the coco out of the bag and not a single crouton dropped from the bottom as it was a mass of roots holding the croutons I was using about 2inches of croutons (soaked and charged with RO H2O and kelp juice just don't want to go back to a plastic bucket as I also manifold my sativas to control height so they vegg longer and I think I get a better root development in veg cycle in the grow bag over a plastic container ok I probably owe another 2 cednts

Back
Top Bottom