Coco ppm and pH from seedling

coralman

So i currently have 9 critical kush just germinated in root riot cubes under a 125w cfl, i have blocks of coco coir ready to be expanded so i can transplant when roots start showing and put under 1000w so my question is....

The water i am using to expand the blocks should i mix nutes in with it at a low ppm and ph it and then transplant?

Also as anyone got a good ppm chart to go by for coco, i am using foxfarms grow big, bloom and tiger bloom and advanced cal/mag xl, i have their schedule but the ppms seem a bit high. Thinking maybe use quarter the dose and see what the ppm reading is but still need an idea of what levels to go by?

Thanks in advance

i should probably add the reason i ask is iv seen conflicting views on wether to start with nutes straight away or leave it a week or 2 as the coco has nothing in it for the plants, i should also add my water ppm is 200

I'm not really a coco grower, much, though I do use it once in awhile, and I also grow in perlite only which obviously also has no nutrients. For water I use rainwater which is zero ppm, and add calmag to my water reservoir to about 150-200 ppm. I ph to about 5.4. For the little sprouts I just use that. The calmag I'm using is 2% nitrogen and it's enough to keep them happy for the first 10 days/couple weeks or so, then when they have some decent sized real leaves I start adding a little grow to make the total mix about 300+ ppm. Depending on how they look I bump that up to 400+, then 500+.
For the drain to waste plants, in coco or perlite, I don't even go above 650 ppm much throughout their lives. But I'm feeding them multiple times per day. It depends how you're managing the coco grow.
As long as you stay low to start and don't forget the calmag, and keep the ph in line, they should be fine. Give or take 100 ppm, you have a little wiggle room and they won't suffer, just keep an eye on them. The young plants are normally a little paler than the big ones, but if they start getting very pale or too dark I adjust accordingly.

* I've never used tap water but expect you'll have to add some calmag anyway.

Hi Coralman, you can check out my grow. I listed the ppm ranges for each week (measurements may change so I can get close to the ppm ranges I listed). I am on week 2 right now and the plants are looking good.

Here's what I did:
- Expanded and cleaned coco with tap water two weeks before using
- Mixed RO water (ph 5.8) with 2ml CalMag Plus per gallon and drench coco to get a lot of run off
- Then I prepared 1.5" and 4" rockwool cubes with 2ml Cal Mag, 0.5ml Floranova Bloom, 0.5ml Roots Excelerator, and 0.5ml of Voodoo Juice. Fed the plants this for the transplant day. (230ppm; 5.8 PH)
- Fed 500ml (around 2oz) of water with 2ml Cal Mag, 1ml FloraNova Bloom, 0.5ml Root Excelerator, 1ml Voodoo Juice, and 1/8tsp Superthrive for the first week (340ish ppm; 5.8 PH)
- For week two, I am feeding 2ml CalMag plus; 2.5ml FloraNova Grow; 1ml Roots Excelerator; 1ml Voodoo Juice; 1/8 tsp Superthrive; 0.5ml Floralicious; 0.5 Armor Si (530ish ppm; 5.8 PH)

Edit: I bump up the ppms a little towards the last day of the week. So for week 2 it started with 480ppm and will end with 610ppm.

20161015_192417.jpg
IMG_101241.JPG

Fantastic responses thank you so much, massive help. I will follow your grow hyperluv, basically i need to start low and see how plants respond, i like how you have used bottles and made the mixes up ready. Will follow your grow thanks

Back
Top Bottom