Would slow drip irrigation be better than watering every 8 hours in a 50/50 coco/per

Foodeefish

7 Gallon smart pots- Currently 6 plants
50/50 Coco/Perlite mix
4x4x7 Tent
600 Watt HPS Cool Tube
Fox Farms Nutes- Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Cha Ching,Beastie Bloom

I just set up a 27 Gallon Reservoir with 2 air stones and 1/4 inch tubing with 4 Gallon per hour adjustable Drip Flags to each pot.
I am running the reservoir pump on a timer that is adjustable every minute so I have many options

Two Questions

Would it be better to just set it up to drip very slowly till I get 10-15% overrun once a day or to let her run fully open (4GPH) till I get the 10-15% overrun, or something else?

Question2

What are people using to grow bigger and healthier Root system?

My last grow I hand watered every day and I think because I did not let the roots dry out enough I had a rootball half the size of my first grow.

:Namaste:

Re: Would slow drip irrigation be better than watering every 8 hours in a 50/50 coco

Make sure you add some cal mag. I've ran the ff trio no problem in coco. Ph to 5.8. Coco likes ph 5.5-6.0

I water up to 4 times a day. I think you only need run off once but if I get more it's fine.

Try vegging your plants longer. In coco you should be root bound before flip also people normally use 3gal max I want to try 5gal though. Great white is great!

Hope this info helps with your coco grow.

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

This is what I'm planning for my next grow.
Coco hydro organic - Easy & cheap - Water daily

You got this!

IMAG20121.jpg

AMS GSC XTRM grown in 4" seedling pots and pure coco. AN ph perfect sensi. Coco is best in smaller containers. Since your in 7 make sure you let your roots fill it up. You'll probably have some monsters

Re: Would slow drip irrigation be better than watering every 8 hours in a 50/50 coco

Thnx again for guiding me through all of this.

Okay, I am using Cal Mag, PH OF 5.5-5.8, so got that down.

I think my next grow will be in 5 gallon pots, veg a few more weeks at least, water 3-4 times a day,use the great white I have, do some reading as you suggested and start a Journal.

Y've been a wealth of knowledge and help.

:thanks:

I am going to

Back
Top Bottom