Seedling leaves problem

Biologist420

Hello 420,

First off I'm very disappointed my first post on here is not a glorious completed grow journal as I intended, but where else would I get help to complete one right?

After a couple months of researching I just started growing indoor using a 2'x4'x5' grow tent, my plants are in a coco perlite 50:50 mix, under a 400w LED on vegetative mode only, 24" from the top of the seedlings.

I have four seedlings from three different indica strain, germinated exactly 18 days ago with no issues whatsoever. They are all happy and healthy except for one (Kripple Roulette) with no apparent reason. I kept quite a detailed log so I can give some background information on it.

- Up until week 2, it still seemed normal except the cotyledons quilted a little.

I supposed it was time to start some nutes so I started very light on ALL of them (I used GH Floramicro, FlorGro and Florabloom plus Calimagic for Cal/Mag), also lowering the light by 3" to push them a little. Three days later I noticed the color of the leaves turned lighter and they pointed downward visibly. So from that point on I was just going in circle trying to get this baby fixed.

- So here it is now, the growth rate was not bad at all, just every leaf comes out clawed, even some with dark spots on them. The stem looks light green, sturdy and healthy.

Compared to its pretty sister:

Thinking nutes (specifically Nitrogen) toxicity was the reason, I cut off all the nutes, just pHed water and small amount of GH RapidStart rooting enhancer. Didn't work.

Overwatering/drainage was considered, I changed the feeding schedule and improved drainage. Didn't work.

The light was elevated by a couple inches, didn't work.

I also tried flushing it and measure the TDS and pH of the runoffs: pH was about 6 with no abnormal TDS value in comparison to the others. Didn't work.

I'm stuck at this point, not knowing what to do to not aggravate the problem. I don't want to give it more nutes in case nutrient lockout was the problem, but do I not feed it anymore knowing deficiency could be the case?

Any input would be appreciated.

I apologize for the photo issue, here it is:

First two leaves with curled cotyledons:

A comparison with its healthy sister

Another angle to show the severity of the claw.

Hi Biologist, did you ever figure out what the problem was? Was pH too high in your soil or water? It would be interesting to have a follow up on that. I have some seedlings that were tending toward lighter green and I am wondering what to do, or maybe I'll just "wait and see"...
IMG_054351.JPG

Hi Emeraldo,

I'm sorry for the late reply but if it helps, there were many problems with it, first of all I didn't precharge my coco coir so they were nutrition deprived for about a week, then I found out the pH was too high (around 6.5) because I used a pH chart for soil grow. It was most likely a Mn deficiency, I dropped it down to below 5.5 with occasional 6.0 feeding and problem fixed. In fact the one with problem had the highest yield out of the bunch with some foxtailing too.

As for your problem I wanted to say it has something to do with Nitrogen deficiency, but I'm not entirely sure when they are this young. I'd wait a week or for more nodes to come out. If your feeding mix is right it can only be pH.

Back
Top Bottom