First Coco grow problems - Any advise would be great - Curling leaves

StoneyTony25

Started my coco grow about 3 weeks ago and over the last week growth has slowed down and the tips of my leaves are curling down and they always start to droop late in the day.

I'm feeding them

Plant magic coco at 2ml per litre
Cal-mag at 1ml per litre
Silicone at 1ml per litre
Liquid oxygen 1ml per litre

And I am running ph between 5.8 and 6.0

Is there anything obvious I am doing wrong? I was watering every day but since this problem started I have been waiting until they dry out a little. Just genuinely confused and any help would be great
420-magazine-mobile510895292.jpg
420-magazine-mobile211202211.jpg
420-magazine-mobile848756523.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I know thay don't look terrible it's just the leaf tips curling that's making me think a bigger problem is starting. When I am watering should I be watering to run off? Or just enough to last the plant 24 hours? Got a couple more pic of it.in natural light
420-magazine-mobile1189424620.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1068519578.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1804411394.jpg
roots are looking healthy I just want them to be reaching for.the light and looking happy rather than curly and a bit droopy

How are you mixing nutes. Do you know silicone has high ph and takes time to dissolve so needs to stabilize in solution before feed or will have higher than normal ph.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

First coco grow problems. Any advise would be great... curling leaves

I know thay don't look terrible it's just the leaf tips curling that's making me think a bigger problem is starting. When I am watering should I be watering to run off? Or just enough to last the plant 24 hours? Got a couple more pic of it.in natural light
420-magazine-mobile1189424620.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1068519578.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1804411394.jpg
roots are looking healthy I just want them to be reaching for.the light and looking happy rather than curly and a bit droopy

That's easy to figure out. Stick a ppm meter in your run off.

If it's real high compared to what your putting in maybe needs cleaned out some

If it is close to what you been putting in then not much need for run off.

If it's real high and they havnt been growing much lately then that might be issue

First coco grow problems. Any advise would be great... curling leaves

Temps humidity. What light. What distance

Size pot and age of plant

Those are questions for you so we can be careful to not mislead.

I will test my run off next feed. Do you think I should just give them ph water next feed or half nutes?

I'm using a 600w hps
Temps hoover around 25 Celsius
The light is around 1 foot away using a parabolic shade. I think I could go closer but see no real need??

And no I didn't know silicone took time to dissolve. I knew it made the ph go up but I thought that was an instant thing. So should I be getting my water out the day before and add silicon?

Your plants look healthy otherwise.
Leaves are not thick and dark or weak looking stems NOT nitrogen toxity.
You are using plant magic coco nutes. N-P-K is basically 4,4,4, plus all required macro/micro/trace elements required for Cannibis.
Understand silicone for strong root development. Let sit couple hours to set in.
Coco has 30% 02 rate. Why add?
Cal/Mag? We're you showing a deficiency prior to adding?
Suggestions; water daily, find out PH/PPM going in - coming out, reduce nutes intake to 1ml per ltr of plants magic coco only and monitor your plant's reaction.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Leaves are clawing, this is first signs of nitrogen toxicity. It may only be slightly to much or it could of happened recently that's why leaves are not dark green or week looking yet.

Straight coco has nothing added, so isn't it advised to add CalMag to prevent deficiencies as the plant will have no other way to receive the supplements of calcium, magnesium ect?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks I will do exactly that and come back with results. I'm less worried about them now. Will hopefully be back to rapid growth in the next few days

If your going to do a run off test make sure you feed with consistent nutrient mix. Give them the exact same thing so you can know what to expect for run off.

Thanks I will do exactly that and come back with results. I'm less worried about them now. Will hopefully be back to rapid growth in the next few days

A week will be safe. A few days might be high hopes. But I bet they all will be fine as soon as you figure it out.

I was asking pot size and age of plant also. I'm no sure how cramped they are in there but pictures looked like they wanted more room also.

Wow... i have exacly the same setup, i use the same nutes and im sticking to the plant magic feedingplan and i aldo have problems with yellowing fanleaves tips....
6b6989874ab2a202c795479885531bde.jpg

Skickat från min SM-N9200 via 420

I will test my run off next feed. Do you think I should just give them ph water next feed or half nutes?

I'm using a 600w hps
Temps hoover around 25 Celsius
The light is around 1 foot away using a parabolic shade. I think I could go closer but see no real need??

Testing the runoff is a great place to start. 9 times out of 10 I've over done it a bit with the nutes and need to flush em out.

Sent from my XT1650 using 420

Made up a 200ppm solution tested the run off and it was 350ppm. So I flushed with the 200ppm stuff until the run off was within 10% I will get some pics soon. They look great, have almost recoverd and started growing at a decent rate again. Thank you all so much for you advise. It worked

Back
Top Bottom