CoCo Growers Help Me!

johnnyblazeon

Hello again 420,

First things first! I know theres a tonne of threads started on coco growing and so many people in this great community with so much wisdom to share! So i apologise in advance to those thinking, "oh no not another one!"

But i have a problem.. Not my first time growing but this is my first experience in coco.

I am used Cannas Coco Professional plus my nutrient line is one recommended by 420s, Cultivator, (i have not used everything he recommends due to money issues) it consists off:

Advanced Nutrients Micro Grow Bloom (currently 2ml per 4L)
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice (2ml per L once a week)
Great White (used during transplanting so far i really recommend this had great results)
Dutch pro Take root (cheaper alternative to what was recommended 1ml per L)
SuperThrive (in place of SuperVit 1 drop per 4L sometimes 2 drops if the first is a bit of a shit drop lol)

I do have a ppm pen but its kind of shit and i dont think its very accurate so going to invest in a better pen. Ph 5.5-5.8

My plants look like they may have the claw or nitrogen toxicity? How can i correct this? Less feed? Or do i put less of one of the base nutrients (worded abit awkward so for example, instead of 2ml Micro 2ml grow 2ml bloom i would use 2ml micro 1.5ml grow 2ml bloom? No idea at all man .

ill include some pictures of the plants.. currently Strawberry Sour Diesel and Strawberry Cheesecake (devils harvest version) cant remember whats what or how many of each but i guess ill figure that out sooner or later!

420-magazine-mobile1787631417.jpg
420-magazine-mobile459030495.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They do look like they have excess nitrogen probably has excess other nutrient's as well as the mixture looks to be too strong or used to frequently.

When they are small like this you need to feed them on the light side as they have no substance yet , they could eat what they have in the pot now for around 3 weeks.

The thing to do now is flush with a few gallons of PH 6 water and mix up a new lighter dose of nutrients of about 650 ppm and apply once daily until it flows out the bottom of the containers.
If they dry out add straight water for their 2nd daily feed until they start growing strongly then feed them two feedings of 650 ppm a day then bump it up to 750 ppm

Its very important to flush nutrients out the bottom of the pots every feeding doing so prevents nutrient build ups that can otherwise happen.

Remember their nutrient intake is directly related to their size , you can't feed a seedling as strong as food as you can a plant.

Edit - I was looking at your nutrient strength and its low , so in your case you may of been feeding to frequently and with too low of PH.

Bonus tips:

Coco is VERY acidic and has a predisposition to swing low like real low under 5 so be careful not to add too much PH down to the water. You could very well compound the issue.

Shoot for PH 6 to 6.2 instead of 5.8 is my advice as the Coco will lower it more on its own.

In Coco avoid PH 5.5 like the plague , check the pots run off , its probably PH 4.5 at this point.

Use well aerated water you don't have to worry about water logging them , Coco hold twice as much O2 as soil when saturated.

They do look like they have excess nitrogen probably has excess other nutrient's as well as the mixture looks to be too strong or used to frequently.

When they are small like this you need to feed them on the light side as they have no substance yet , they could eat what they have in the pot now for around 3 weeks.

The thing to do now is flush with a few gallons of PH 6 water and mix up a new lighter dose of nutrients of about 650 ppm and apply once daily until it flows out the bottom of the containers.
If they dry out add straight water for their 2nd daily feed until they start growing strongly then feed them two feedings of 650 ppm a day then bump it up to 750 ppm

Its very important to flush nutrients out the bottom of the pots every feeding doing so prevents nutrient build ups that can otherwise happen.

Remember their nutrient intake is directly related to their size , you can't feed a seedling as strong as food as you can a plant.

Edit - I was looking at your nutrient strength and its low , so in your case you may of been feeding to frequently and with too low of PH.

Bonus tips:

Coco is VERY acidic and has a predisposition to swing low like real low under 5 so be careful not to add too much PH down to the water. You could very well compound the issue.

Shoot for PH 6 to 6.2 instead of 5.8 is my advice as the Coco will lower it more on its own.

In Coco avoid PH 5.5 like the plague , check the pots run off , its probably PH 4.5 at this point.

Use well aerated water you don't have to worry about water logging them , Coco hold twice as much O2 as soil when saturated.

Thanks for the help ill be sure to try a flush on todays water with some run off at a higher ph

There not looking any better gave them a flush looks worse. Any other ideas guys? Will let it dry out over next couple days and try a feed maybe?
420-magazine-mobile498773861.jpg
420-magazine-mobile707647537.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1088320484.jpg
420-magazine-mobile560013419.jpg

Looks like you maybe spilled some nutrients in that leaf?

Sent from my SM-J327P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The leaf looks like a cal mag deficiency. Let me guess your not using a cal mag supplement

It pays to read up on how to grow cannabis you know so you get the basics before you run into issues caused by not having the info to tend them.

Buy a cal mag supplement and use as directed only weaker say 50% when dealing with seedlings like you have.
If you are using cal mag then you had lock out going on although a *proper* flush would of solved it , by proper I mean well done.

You must consider your lighting as well , you can't grow well using a bogus light source.

If your light source is lacking you have that issue to fix as well

edited to add more detail

*Transplant them soon they are out growing the cups*

Thanks L.B. No im not currently using a calmag supplement.. was lead to believe if using tap water which already contains calcium i would be okay but will be sure to invest in some.

Not my first time growing however this is my first time growing in coco. Never ran into these problems before, or any problems this early! My light source is okay. 250w hps for the time being. When they get transplanted into there 5gal smart pots they will be then put under my lumi digital ballast with dual spec light under a parabolic shade.

Thanks for the help tho always appreciate someone that takes the time out to reply!

The people who say you don't need to use a cal mag supplement in tap water are assuming your water has a good supply of it.

In practice that thought is proved wrong daily by growers without the luck of having a good to adequate calcium supply in their local water..

Stupid thinking isn't it , to think all water is the same. Watch out for more useless advice passed from new grower to new grower. There is plenty more bad advice you will hear from those following bad advice

Avoid the pitfalls of relying on others advice instead study. You have all the fine details that do matter and are not told to others when seeking their help.

In short your in the best position to help yourself giving all the input you have / see

Back
Top Bottom