Any tips for sourcing water? Preparing for first grow

Jurf

I decided I'd like to grow in coco, and since the upcoming grow is going to be my first ever, I have so many questions, many of which are not too easy to find answers for.

I hear with coco I'll be watering everyday, and providing basic nutes everyday. WIth regards to water, I originally thought "hey I'll just buy distilled water to keeps things super simple," but upon learning of the frequent watering demands in coco, I doubt my plan is that financially viable. Will me tap water suffice? It's not that good.. Its the kind that isn't ideal for drinking...

ANy pointers? Im in ireland btw, if that helps

I decided I'd like to grow in coco, and since the upcoming grow is going to be my first ever, I have so many questions, many of which are not too easy to find answers for.

I hear with coco I'll be watering everyday, and providing basic nutes everyday. WIth regards to water, I originally thought "hey I'll just buy distilled water to keeps things super simple," but upon learning of the frequent watering demands in coco, I doubt my plan is that financially viable. Will me tap water suffice? It's not that good.. Its the kind that isn't ideal for drinking...

ANy pointers? Im in ireland btw, if that helps

In order to know if you tap water is cool you need to know whats in it.

grab yourself a TDS (total dissolved solids) meter or ec meter or ppm meter. they will tell you the ppm of you water. local grow shop. 20$

also city may send you a report on water annually you can take a look there to save money. also websites have the info on tap water for legal reasons to save money you can look there also.

Ah I see. One of those meters seems like the ideal tool, as looing for irish websites to help me is really hopeless.

Im really guessing that my water is garbage though, as when I drink a couple pints of it, I tend to get a sore throat. Im also just now realising that it is probably the reason my basil has weird veiny streaks on it... Goddamn this town...

DO you know around how many liters per day I will be using to water 2 plants?

Hey I grow in Coco myself and use tap with no issues. My water not that bad. My TDS reading is 125 out of the tap. I do let it bubble 24 hours to diccipate the chlorine. They do have nutes that are made for hard water. As far as how much water u will use depends on age, size of plant, size of pot, humidity in room, and temps in room. There is a lot that plays a role in the amount of water. At first when they are seedling you maybe won't even use a liter but as they get in to flower u could b using a gallon a day or more. Also if your worried bout water maybe soil will be your better bet. With soil you don't have to water no where near as much. Coco I water everyday but I heard of people watering twice or even three times a day. Hope I helped! Welcome to the mag and if u need anything else hit me up on my journal! Like your avatar is that your dog? I own a Dutch German Shepherd also. Great dog!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Ah I see. One of those meters seems like the ideal tool, as looing for irish websites to help me is really hopeless.

Im really guessing that my water is garbage though, as when I drink a couple pints of it, I tend to get a sore throat. Im also just now realising that it is probably the reason my basil has weird veiny streaks on it... Goddamn this town...

DO you know around how many liters per day I will be using to water 2 plants?

What light will they be under? With that we can tell u about how much water.

And what size space you for got them.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Whatsup Pino Just subbed to your journal. I shall be reading through it tonight!

I kinda feel committed to coco though. Even though all i've done so far is spend 12 euro on a bag of coco, I don't want to be forced to grow with soil out of this kind of difficulty. Maybe I'll have to experiment around, but I feel pretty dedicated to overcoming! lol Plus the water doesnt seem to be killing my peace lilies. Theyre thriving... although they are some hardy SOBs.
And yes he's my dog. His names Axle and he's about 19 months old I think!

And hey cnile I'll be using a Mars II 400w LED. It shouldn't be as mad with the water as an HPS right? You think I'll be cool to water once a day?

Oh yea you can get away with once a day. Any light you can. Don't have to get it super close.

My thirsty ones arnt really happy with a gallon a day. I would say heaviest could be 2-3 gallon a day to them

Oh yea you can get away with once a day. Any light you can. Don't have to get it super close.

My thirsty ones arnt really happy with a gallon a day. I would say heaviest could be 2-3 gallon a day to them

I see. Although reading all this stuff and hearing the wisdom from gurus is awesome, I seriously cant wait to just get started and get all up in there

Hey Jurf check out CULTIVATOR journals and also his Coco feed thread! If u want to learn Coco he is the man. I only water a day to no runoff in three gallon Coco. Can't wait to see u up and going!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Thank you so much man! I am definitely going to check that out! Im hungry as hell for that kind of knowledge! And yeah, you and me both ahah, can't wait to get started!

Back
Top Bottom