Coco growing

It all depends on how u wana use it, coco can be treated like soil an only water when it's dry, never let coco dry out completely, this works. Or u can treat it like hydro an feed 2-3 times a day. I do this method personally. But that's just me many I've seen do it both ways an both works well

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Well feeding 2-3 times a day on seedlings not a good thing as you don't want to over water them.

Use the 1 inch rule = If the first 1 inch of the coco is dry then water them and feed nutes and this goes all the same to flower.

Of course less nutes for seedlings.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Well feeding 2-3 times a day on seedlings not a good thing as you don't want to over water them.

Use the 1 inch rule = If the first 1 inch of the coco is dry then water them and feed nutes and this goes all the same to flower.

Of course less nutes for seedlings.

U r right, seedlings u wana keep moist not wet. An the 1 inch rule is treating the coco like soil not like a hydro which will work. But I do multiple feedings as Iam after the hydro side of coco :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for all the info, mine just sprouted today under 360 watt led and 23w cfl well have to see how it goes.

I feed 1/4 strength nutes from day one from sprout. I feed everyday starting at about 3-4 days old, and twice a day in flower. The pic is 2 weeks old.

2_weeks7.JPG

How do water/feed pour till 10% run off ?

10 to 20% runoff and check the PH of it to make sure it matches what you want for coco usually the best PH is 5.8

You should fluctuate PH from every other feeding from 5.8 to 6.0..

When watering should i be adding cal/mag and only feeding once a week with flora ?

Are you running a Hydrowatering system?

If so then once a week feeding is ok as long as resovoir is not empty.

As for hand watering its at minimum once a day.

Seedlings to about 12 inch tall is about 1/4 nutes of what manufacturer states.

There is many posts about a good watering scedule on here and online.

Growing Cannabid is not always easy and so many factors are involved in getting a good non molded crop and big yields.

Do a search for Coco watering scehdule.

Its tiring for many of us to repeat ourselves everytime these questions come up as i my fingers get sore from typing .. :)

There is a websire with a custom scehdule to grow in coco using the Flora Trio Series .. do a search for it on google.

Nute only once a week from my education. Water loom only when wet so to let the roots breath. Get a cheep tester and you will be surprised how much we over water. It changed everything once I stopped over watering my girls. Stick it in the dirt and BAM! No need to wonder, Soil may look dry to you and I, but the roots are still wet and the tester eliminates all guess work. I got a 3 in 1 PH, Light, and Moisture tester at Wall Mart for like 10$. Well worth its weight in gold. ;)

I water mine 3 times a day 10-20% run off once I switch to flower I'll be feeding 4-5 times a day but Iam after hydro results each watering is 1/2 str nutes. My sour D gets full dose once a day but she's in a 7gal fabric pot an drinks about a gal a day.

I water mine 3 times a day 10-20% run off once I switch to flower I'll be feeding 4-5 times a day but Iam after hydro results each watering is 1/2 str nutes. My sour D gets full dose once a day but she's in a 7gal fabric pot an drinks about a gal a day.

How big are they as they get bigger more waterings are needed.

The 4 kush berry r small but still young. Each branch has 3 node an they all like that but I find it's slowing growth for some reason. The sour D is 5 weeks but fan blowing right on it so dries out quickly
420-magazine-mobile375410060.jpg
this was a few days ago after a transplant defol an some trimming. I like to do it all at once when I transplant I find takes less time to recover from shock then if I did it separately but that's just what I've seen

Is your coco consistently wet then? How are your plants responding to that water cycle? Iv always been afraid to over water them or is that only relevant to soil and not coco? I'm now In week 7 day but nearly week 2 of flower and they are drinking 5 litres of water every 3 days although I'm judging it as if it was soil medium, so my signs for watering is light pots, medium pulling off the pot around the edges and by what the leaves are saying. How long have yours been in veg? I'm new to coco too that's all so don't really know what it can do

The 4 kush berry r small but still young. Each branch has 3 node an they all like that but I find it's slowing growth for some reason. The sour D is 5 weeks but fan blowing right on it so dries out quickly
420-magazine-mobile375410060.jpg
this was a few days ago after a transplant defol an some trimming. I like to do it all at once when I transplant I find takes less time to recover from shock then if I did it separately but that's just what I've seen

I would get your smaller plants on something so they are closer to the light too, might help with speeding up growth, they seem so far away compared to the sour Diesal. Peace

Yes my coco is always wet, an the pkants love it, fresh oxygen in the roots every feeding. An the smaller plants I was trying to stretch them out a lil bit. When I grow indica they r always super short super tight nodes. I can't seem to get them to stretch at all. But they were only in that tent till I switched the diesel to 12/12 now their under a 400 till Iam done taking clones.
420-magazine-mobile606873438.jpg
the diesel was veg 6 weeks with a lot of tortuer sn now under 12/12
420-magazine-mobile1886165495.jpg
an the 2 female kushberry an a few of my clones. 100 clones taken so far 100 more by mid may hopefully

Back
Top Bottom