Who here uses tap water?

If it is deed that high yes it will be an issue as 350ppm is crazy.

Say you needed to have 750ppm for nutes at a certain stage of growth you could only add 450ppm of nutes to make the 750ppm.

That means your plants will not get what they need and will have nute definciency problems.

200ppm or lower is ideal.

Your best to go use Distilled water which it has a PPM of 50-100 range in most cases.

My tap water is good to use 150ppm.

Although there are Nutes Made for hardwater to help break it down, but i have not seen many people use them, they rather use RO or Distilled Water.

If it is deed that high yes it will be an issue as 350ppm is crazy.

Say you needed to have 750ppm for nutes at a certain stage of growth you could only add 450ppm of nutes to make the 750ppm.

That means your plants will not get what they need and will have nute definciency problems.

200ppm or lower is ideal.

Your best to go use Distilled water which it has a PPM of 50-100 range in most cases.

My tap water is good to use 150ppm.

Although there are Nutes Made for hardwater to help break it down, but i have not seen many people use them, they rather use RO or Distilled Water.

Buying distilled water doesnt seem very financially viable when growing in coco though :/ I do see RO waterr for me on the horizon though. But its a couple hundred quid and a couple weeks away, thats all :(

Buying distilled water doesnt seem very financially viable when growing in coco though :/ I do see RO waterr for me on the horizon though. But its a couple hundred quid and a couple weeks away, thats all :(
Yeah i hear ya, but best to wait for the RO production then lose plants.

I do but if it rains I use it because after adding Nutes I don't need to adjust ph. Tap I do. So more organic the better in my eyes.

Why not just go to wally world or your local grocery store those water machines are r/o water ive been using it for about 2 years and i love it ppm of 10 and ph of around 8.0
My tap water is 7 .1 and rain water is the best getting some rain barrel soon.

You could try a cheap water filter like a brita or similar gravity filter that could bring your ppms down quite a bit.
Thanks for pointer man.

But yeah i do use tap water for my grows but ive never checked ppms. I grow in soil so i dont think its a big deal. My ph out of the tap is like 7.2 , i usually let it sit out for at least 24 to bubble out the chlorine.
Yes i do the same

What kinda machines you talking about man? I live in ireland. You think I can get one here?
Sorry i should have been more clear i was reffering to the water dispensers you can refill 5 gallon jugs for those water machines you see in offices

I pay 3 bucks for 10 gallons not bad considering i either have to buy an expensive system or collect rainwater...
I dont even drink my tap water...
What kinda machines you talking about man? I live in ireland. You think I can get one here?

I use tap water I leave it anywhere between 10-24 hours before using I like to use it around room temp and I leave in a open bin for chemicals to evaporate easily

My tap is fucked, ppm varies 750 to 850, pH 7.9.

I use coco and I spoke with the rep from Canna, as I was have all kinds of problems trying to use rain water or RO. He suggested I use just enough tap to bring my rain/RO to 120 ppm the begin adding the base nutes. This has worked extremely well for me.
I also run low base nutes (300 + veg and 400 + flower, and back off some of the supplements, Boost at 7 to 9ml/gal.

GR

Back
Top Bottom