First timers

Selfmeduk

420-magazine-mobile975556244.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1780680189.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1034575753.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1552081839.jpg

First timer here, growing from a cutting in coco. Some sad looking leaves? Any advice?

She's been in there for just over one week now from Clone, we have her water hp right now and took some photos of her out of the light, I've also moved the light up a little
420-magazine-mobile915985184.jpg
420-magazine-mobile642626297.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1765049810.jpg

She's been in there for just over one week now from Clone, we have her water hp right now and took some photos of her out of the light, I've also moved the light up a little
420-magazine-mobile915985184.jpg
420-magazine-mobile642626297.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1765049810.jpg

Could you tell me a bit more about your set up? Looking at the pics it looks like it's grown in those few days. It does look a bit leafy and uneven but that doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong, it could be the plant's genetics (the mother it was taken from may have been leafy and random) or it might be reacting to its environment (the pot) and growing to suit that.

The pot does look a bit big for a plant that age. When watering a pot of that size, feed sinks down to the bottom which is far deeper than the level the roots are reaching. The roots are able to briefly taste the food as it sinks past them but not uptake the full amount they could have.

It might stress your plant out a bit but I'd go for a smaller pot while you can. You run the risk of becoming 'root bound' as the plant puts more effort into searching for water with its roots rather than a healthy balance between root and plant growth.

I think you liked my other post about flushing in another grow journal, run that through too and your plant should do well :)

Growing in coco
400watt hps
4 inc inline fan and carbon filter.
80X80x180 tent

We were advised to go for a bigger pot than this so this is actually the second pot we have used, it's 15l....do you think it's worth transplanting to a smaller pot? Or will it cause stress?

We've tried to take a laid back approach and let her do her own thing without upsetting her too much. Only been planted a week and we are complete novices

Growing in coco
400watt hps
80X80x180 tent

We were advised to go for a bigger pot than this so this is actually the second pot we have used, it's 15l....do you think it's worth transplanting to a smaller pot? Or will it cause stress?

We've tried to take a laid back approach and let her do her own thing without upsetting her too much. Only been planted a week and we are complete novices

I know we all go a mellow after a puff or two but there's no such thing as a laid back approach to this sort of gardening!! You need to grab that plant by its tiny plant balls and let it know what time it is ;)

All problems can be remedied if you keep on top of the basics. Keep checking your ph (soil and feed) lights, temperature, air flow in and out (and subsequent movement when in tent). The more time you spend in your grow space the more you learn about it and as your plants grow you learn to recognise when to tweak something to get the effect you want.

Plants in the same stage as yours are tough, hardy and resilient fighters. They can put up with a lot because so much of the plants' energy is going into giving it a good foundation for when it gets older.

When they get to the flowering stage (i usually find it's about three weeks into the switch) plants can become a bit picky to the food you're giving them and annoyed at the environment you've created for them. Knowing your grow room and that it's running at its most efficient level means that you don't disturb your plants too much if a problem arises.

I've said before and I'll say it again, I'm one person on here and my opinion doesn't mean anything unless someone backs me up or corrects me. I do think 99.9999% of people will agree that taking a laid back approach and letting the plant 'do its thing' will only lead to your plant not fulfilling its potential or worse, dying. There's loads of helpful stuff online and failing that one of the many helpful people that use this are always a good bet for a point in the right direction :)

Check the levels of what I mentioned above and switch to a smaller pot. You might put the plant under a small amount of stress but it's better than giving it false hope by letting it think it can grow to fit the pot!!

Just let it grow unmolested... It should put on a lot more leaves in the next two weeks..... Don't over feed it, starting at 400 ppm in another week shouldn't be too strong....
Read coco grow journals, see how others have dealt problems they've encountered.... There are no hard and fast rules for growing in coco/perlite... Most growers use perlite instead of hydroton if they want to promote better drainage..... A few use only straight coco... Each way uses slightly different watering techs.. I like a 20-25% perlite mix.. I also water each morning to 10% run off... That runoff is absorbed back up into the coco by the next morning... Coco/hydroton might stay too wet if treated that way....
This being your first time, it would be the right time to learn the proper way to fill a scrog screen... using a scrog will increase your yield tremendously...
The best part is that it's so damned easy.... It's not about growing a plant through a screen.... It's about not growing a plant through a screen... When it grows through in veg, you just pull it back under the screen, and more it over to the next hole... so simple...
When you switch to 12/12, All parts of the plant, at or above the screen, are about equal height , they begin to grow at the same rate... That's why almost all the colas will finish about the same height.. The amount of growth in flower, is specific to each strain, and the growth only occurs in the terminal parts of each limb... Since you've arranged those ends to be the same height at the screen, all get equal light....
That's just my take on how a scrog screen should work... Others, i'm sure, have different ideas on how it should be done... My two threads pretty much show how it works fo me...

Here's one plant in a 20L pot... 430 watt hps... The perlite in the tray was my trying to keep the humidity up... My led thread better shows my idea of how to properly fill a screen with colas...

IMG_295212.JPG
IMG_296211.JPG
IMG_301914.JPG

Growing in coco
400watt hps
80X80x180 tent

It looks like you have been over feeding your plant. If using bottled nutrients in coco, feed to run off every single day.

Feed strength, 1/3rd recommend dosage for larger plants. 1/4 strength for one of your size.

A note of caution, pot size is relative to growing medium. In soil your 15l pot would be okay. But considering the growing characteristics of coco, your plant would be more comfortable in an 8 - 10 litre pot.

Hey guys! Just got home and I have some things to say. So I got the ph down and mixed it with water so the ph will be good however I need help with mixing it after I add the Alaska fertilizer and knowing what the ph will be after
420-magazine-mobile1620296489.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1866575959.jpg
this is the Alaska fertilizer in a gallon container without the ph down
420-magazine-mobile993530209.jpg
as for now the ph has to stay the same until the plant isn't dropping from over watering. I've also noticed that the plant is leaning so I've added a stick to support it
420-magazine-mobile264371734.jpg
and after reading the posts to you guys (thanks a million) I've lowered the lights within inches to the pant
420-magazine-mobile377518088.jpg
420-magazine-mobile165996052.jpg
I'm also concerned a little about the ends of the leafs as there not as yellow and more of a white color?
420-magazine-mobile1444626627.jpg
and I've also roped the plant 2 days ago and can see that the node has split in 2 and is growing in nicely

Also I wana get a lux meter but don't know if it would be worth it because I don't know if the lux meter will work with the led lights I have

Also I wana get a lux meter but don't know if it would be worth it because I don't know if the lux meter will work with the led lights I have

I think it should work, I've not worked with LEDs but I think I've got a (terribly) basic grasp of how a lux meter works. I decided that getting one at the time wasn't for me, I hope it hasn't affected my yields but I think I might have got away from it. Check online because there's another light scheme people use too called PAR. Both of them basically tell you how far away to keep your lights. I think lux meters measure the amount of light and intensity in a given area and PAR (can't remember what it stands for...it will also hopefully lead you to check it out yourself ;) measures the light spectrum available to plants....I don't know how it's just one of them things that, well, is ;)

I usually go for the 'does it burn my hand' test. I'm completely ignorant to LEDs and don't know how well that will serve you!

Honestly mate, if you're looking to start investing in bits of equipment like lux meters then read up, down and around the subject twice. You will continuously keep taking things in and hopefully find what's right for you :)

I think it should work, I've not worked with LEDs but I think I've got a (terribly) basic grasp of how a lux meter works. I decided that getting one at the time wasn't for me, I hope it hasn't affected my yields but I think I might have got away from it. Check online because there's another light scheme people use too called PAR. Both of them basically tell you how far away to keep your lights. I think lux meters measure the amount of light and intensity in a given area and PAR (can't remember what it stands for...it will also hopefully lead you to check it out yourself ;) measures the light spectrum available to plants....I don't know how it's just one of them things that, well, is ;)

I usually go for the 'does it burn my hand' test. I'm completely ignorant to LEDs and don't know how well that will serve you!

Honestly mate, if you're looking to start investing in bits of equipment like lux meters then read up, down and around the subject twice. You will continuously keep taking things in and hopefully find what's right for you :)

So I'm trying to get the ph right first starting with the water. I found this water to have a ph of 6.2-6.7
420-magazine-mobile1159242945.jpg
I'm going to mix this with some fox farm soil I have coming in the mail. Any opinions do or don't's ?

So I'm trying to get the ph right first starting with the water. I found this water to have a ph of 6.2-6.7
420-magazine-mobile1159242945.jpg
I'm going to mix this with some fox farm soil I have coming in the mail. Any opinions do or don't's ?

I read your last post again about the ph routine you have. You only need to do it once after you've added the food. Saves you a job before you've started :)

I've not heard of people using spring or mineral water to feed bud plants, mainly I think to the mineral content that's different from tap or treated water (reverse osmosis, look it up, interesting stuff). The minerals from the bottled water clog up the roots of your plant during feeding leading to problems.

I don't know how widespread tap water is used amongst people on this site. It seems too basic for some of the other practices I've seen on here! BUT it's served me well for many grows and think it will continue to do so.

I have two buckets that rotate between being prepared (left to settle for 24 hours) and ready to feed. Some people boil their water but I've not had a problems unless I've been sloppy and forgot to prep a bucket when the plants need a feed. Cold water shocks the roots and the short time in the bucket leaves the bad stuff intact.

I also add 5ml of a natural aquatic thing that makes tap water safe for fish and plants. Someone said it works for bud and I've no reason to think it hurts or delays plant productivity.

The aquatic thing (can't remember what it's proper name is) can be bought for quite cheap, as will the water from your tap. You'd spend quite a bit on bottled water before your grow is done and I think it might be a bad thing in the long run.

Have a look around it mate, I might be wrong. Water is a whole bud topic! There's a load to get on with mate, good luck

So I would be best of Just using tap and using ph down to get the ph where I need it

Yeah mate, I don't know what it's like where you are but some days I have to adjust the ph only slightly and then other days not at all when I've left it in the bucket 24 hours and added the fish and plant thing. Tetra something.

I don't think I gasp the concept of adding nutttents in your perfect ph water and then it mess it up and you re ph it with all your nutrients?

Back
Top Bottom