Thinking of using molasses in coco?

Bud basher

Hello there fellow growers, I have a grow on atm and notice two plants over a two days that I couldn't make it to the site got badly burn on the tops of the main colas and some others with fan leave burn,I had a bad build up of nutes so I flushed them out with flora Kleen to get rid of the nutes, got them down to about 500 ppm I am 9 and a half weeks into flower so some look to the eye as if there ready but when checking the trichomes they are no amber heads or may 1 percent and the others still have loads of white pistils and hardly and orange hairs.
So my question to all is shall I feed them some molasses to ripen them up? If so what's the dose and I am using RO water will I still need to use cal mag? Thanks cheers.

I use Blackstrap Molasses all through the grow. Using 1/2 cup hot water mix in 1-2 Tbsp of molasses stir up till mixed then add to you nuit mix. I only hand water so it works for me. I am not sure if your using watering systems or not. If so the molasses will bung up the hoses.

I do a weekly ACT using vermi and vegan compost start at week 5 thru finish unless it is needed earlier if things get out of balance.
Make sure you use sulfur free molasses.
I have a DIY drip system so I apply this treatment with a hand watering. Do it at a rate that I get a mini flush with each application. It is done at the last water cycle of the lights on, about 3 hrs prior to lights out and let it do it's magic during lights out.
You have to remember coco is inert so just adding molasses will have minimal effect on any microbe population. So I recommend using compost tea. JMHO!

Back
Top Bottom