Pot size for coco

CombatWombat

I grow with autopots and I use the 15l pots. I have just cut down my latest grow which I let go on for 9 weeks veg, 4 plants under 600w (serious ak47). I feel like I was really let down on yield as a lot. I had topped 3 times which I don't think helped, but I got a lot of popcorn and I think it's a lot down to the pot size.

I grew under scrog and the quality I feel was missing. Would increasing the pot size help if I am vegging so long, or should I look to improve other things first? Nutes etc seemed spot on the whole grow. Here they were about 6 weeks in.
420-magazine-mobile764749355.jpg

Random question, hoping someone in this thread can answer: growing in coco, 2nd grow, have 3 plants in 3 gallon smart pots, under 750 LED.. i feed them every day, about 1.5 liters each. my kushberry is getting huge and drinking a lot. By the time I go to water her for the day she is dry, drooping and thirsty. Never had this problem with any other plants, she's just a big drinker I guess. Going to try to water twice a day, anyone recommend feeding both times or should I water,feed,water...

Random question, hoping someone in this thread can answer: growing in coco, 2nd grow, have 3 plants in 3 gallon smart pots, under 750 LED.. i feed them every day, about 1.5 liters each. my kushberry is getting huge and drinking a lot. By the time I go to water her for the day she is dry, drooping and thirsty. Never had this problem with any other plants, she's just a big drinker I guess. Going to try to water twice a day, anyone recommend feeding both times or should I water,feed,water...

Always feed - never use just water in coco because it messes up the cations. I feed once a day from sprout, and twice a day when in flower.

Damn, I'll be blowin through my nutes. Cyco comes with a cleanse nutrient, what do you think about running that once a day and feeding regular nute once a day

Feed twice a day?! How do you avoid lockout? What's your ppm?
Yea seemed a little heavy, I've been feeding once a day, also watering with a cleanse solution once a day, which basically just gives them water and carbs so they are still getting some nutrient to avoid being deprived.. been working great, looking very healthy. In 2nd week since flip..

Kushberry on left.
Pineapple Chunk on right.
Green crack in the back.
420-magazine-mobile1318253927.jpg

Feed twice a day?! How do you avoid lockout? What's your ppm?
I feed once a day from sprout and twice a day when in flower. Coco is drain to waste hydroponics and you will not get salt build up or nute lock out as long as you feed to run off everytime. Feeding to run off refreshes the nutes, pulls in fresh oxygen to the roots, and protects against salt build up. I don't know my ppm's because I use the KISS method (7 grams MaxiBloom per gallon of tap water) and it's not required. I've been growing in coco for years and never have a discolored leaf.

I feed once a day from sprout and twice a day when in flower. Coco is drain to waste hydroponics and you will not get salt build up or nute lock out as long as you feed to run off everytime. Feeding to run off refreshes the nutes, pulls in fresh oxygen to the roots, and protects against salt build up. I don't know my ppm's because I use the KISS method (7 grams MaxiBloom per gallon of tap water) and it's not required. I've been growing in coco for years and never have a discolored leaf.
That might have been my issue on my first grow.. I wasn't watering til runoff, had one girl that got really dark and leaves turned hard and waxy during flowering, and they were stressed, one hermied on me.. That's good to know.. how much runoff do you usually get and do you dump it out everytime?

That might have been my issue on my first grow.. I wasn't watering til runoff, had one girl that got really dark and leaves turned hard and waxy during flowering, and they were stressed, one hermied on me.. That's good to know.. how much runoff do you usually get and do you dump it out everytime?

I don't know how much run off - I just make sure a lot comes out. In flower I feed one gallon per plant twice a day. The beauty of using MaxiBloom from start to finish with no additives is that it only costs $0.11 per gallon - I usually discard the run off.

Alot cheaper than what I'm runnin! Shit, i don't wanna know what I'm using per gallon. Cyco is expensive, but I definitely can't complaining about the results.

Alot cheaper than what I'm runnin! Shit, i don't wanna know what I'm using per gallon. Cyco is expensive, but I definitely can't complaining about the results.

I'm not familiar with Cyco nutrients so I can't comment on them. I do admit that years ago I believed all the claims by the manufacturers and I was one of those that used a shitload of additives. I have found out through trial and error that most of it is just hype and all plants need are the basic elements to be healthy and produce. The only additive I use is silica blast.

Yea there's no way I need everything that I am feeding them, unfortunately I don't know enough yet to know what I can omit from my feed..

There are several good options for growing in coco - all of which provide all of the essential elements for good plant growth. GH MaxiBloom, GH FloraNova Bloom, and GH Flora Series (Micro and Bloom only). I have used all of these with great success. I prefer the MaxiBloom because it's a powder and is low cost - liquid nutrients are water and I can add my own water, I don't need to pay for it. I have also heard that Canna A&B is good - just make sure that the nutes are coco specific.

There are several good options for growing in coco - all of which provide all of the essential elements for good plant growth. GH MaxiBloom, GH FloraNova Bloom, and GH Flora Series (Micro and Bloom only). I have used all of these with great success. I prefer the MaxiBloom because it's a powder and is low cost - liquid nutrients are water and I can add my own water, I don't need to pay for it. I have also heard that Canna A&B is good - just make sure that the nutes are coco specific.
Hell yeah! Good info right there! Thanks for sharing✊

I don't know how much run off - I just make sure a lot comes out. In flower I feed one gallon per plant twice a day. The beauty of using MaxiBloom from start to finish with no additives is that it only costs $0.11 per gallon - I usually discard the run off.
I'm doing an Afghan coco grow right now using CalMag and BioThrive Bloom. I've tried feeding 10ml/1gal (Full dose) of the BTB every day but she always lockouts. I switched to a feed-water-water schedule and shes doing better. What should I do differently, as far as feeding, to prevent lockout?

I'm doing an Afghan coco grow right now using CalMag and BioThrive Bloom. I've tried feeding 10ml/1gal (Full dose) of the BTB every day but she always lockouts. I switched to a feed-water-water schedule and shes doing better. What should I do differently, as far as feeding, to prevent lockout?
Explain what you mean by lock out - are you having deficiencies? Are you feeding to run off? What's your pH going in and coming out? I'm not familiar with the nutes you use, so I can't comment.

Back
Top Bottom