I messed up my mother in coco and can't get her back to normal

bignugz420

So this is Blue Dream (HSO) and she has been vegging for 4 months, I have her in coco and in a 3 gallon smart pot, I usually don't up pot Bc in smart pots they air prune roots and you are always getting new roots, I am usually a DWC guy but during summer months I run coco to not get res temp problems anyway this blue dream is def got something wrong it's either root bound ( don't understand how when in a smart pot and I have taller ones than her in the same thing and no problems) also I checked run off goes in at 5.0 and comes out around 7.0 my ph meter calibrate was off and now she is too high, I flushed twice with water at 5.0 and now it's one of these three things I think root bound, ph still off or over watering from flush and then feed I run GH products and am successful with every other grow, please any help is very much appreciated I wanna save her but don't know what to do currently I have her drying out to check ph as soon as coco is dry enough
420-magazine-mobile239342482.jpg
420-magazine-mobile624954421.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1958795511.jpg
420-magazine-mobile905510658.jpg
what's crazy is old growth looks fine
420-magazine-mobile269982121.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1036147018.jpg
420-magazine-mobile551074703.jpg
but new growth is all messed up I don't want to lose her i have worked hard on her and was planning a SOG as soon as this run is over and she was my mother plant so HELP!!!

So this is Blue Dream (HSO) and she has been vegging for 4 months, I have her in coco and in a 3 gallon smart pot, I usually don't up pot Bc in smart pots they air prune roots and you are always getting new roots, I am usually a DWC guy but during summer months I run coco to not get res temp problems anyway this blue dream is def got something wrong it's either root bound ( don't understand how when in a smart pot and I have taller ones than her in the same thing and no problems) also I checked run off goes in at 5.0 and comes out around 7.0 my ph meter calibrate was off and now she is too high, I flushed twice with water at 5.0 and now it's one of these three things I think root bound, ph still off or over watering from flush and then feed I run GH products and am successful with every other grow, please any help is very much appreciated I wanna save her but don't know what to do currently I have her drying out to check ph as soon as coco is dry enough
420-magazine-mobile239342482.jpg
420-magazine-mobile624954421.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1958795511.jpg
420-magazine-mobile905510658.jpg
what's crazy is old growth looks fine
420-magazine-mobile269982121.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1036147018.jpg
420-magazine-mobile551074703.jpg
but new growth is all messed up I don't want to lose her i have worked hard on her and was planning a SOG as soon as this run is over and she was my mother plant so HELP!!!
OK I have the same problem but I caught it quicker my run off was hitting 6.3-6.5 barely over the recommended for Coco so I put in 5.6 with like 50% run off and still my pH didn't change so I went to 5.4 and still nothing I ended up skipping a day then water at 5.6 with 20% run of and my pH run it off was 6 know I pH 5.6 and my run off stays at 6.2 I'm not sure if this helps you but I noticed feed daily with little run off allowed me to change my mediums pH I know nothing though this worked for me it may not work for you

Looks like over watering to me, maybe from the flushes. You may even have a little bit of root rot starting in there.

Was this plant transplanted recently?
When did the issues begin?

Looks like over watering to me, maybe from the flushes. You may even have a little bit of root rot starting in there.

Was this plant transplanted recently?
When did the issues begin?

She actually just got up potted last night and she looked a lot better before it was over watering from flushing ph is back at 6.7 so one more flush and back to where i want her

Nice sounds like its back on track. So when running coco yoy want the PH in 5.8 but runnoff will be a higher?
Curious as these are the little details that make a difference.

I am doing coco with autos while picking a photo mom. Starting this journal now actually. Hopefully my new mom will be as pretty as that one, even with your PH issue

Nice sounds like its back on track. So when running coco yoy want the PH in 5.8 but runnoff will be a higher?
Curious as these are the little details that make a difference.

I am doing coco with autos while picking a photo mom. Starting this journal now actually. Hopefully my new mom will be as pretty as that one, even with your PH issue
So what I noticed is I use 2 pens for some reason even right after calibrating 1 is always .05 higher or lower. I make a gallon for feeding and only use half I water once a day. The next day my water that was pH to 5.8 will rise to 6.3 and when checking my run off it as well after 5.8 in run off 6.3 .
Now I pH to 5.7 run off 6.2 my ladies are starting to gain there green back

Excellent stuff, im glad she's showing green again!
It sounds like the meter(s) may be going wonky, though I would think that an acceptable difference in our application.
I quit using mine. I just use drops now but in your case either the meter is off, or inconsistent like mine, or maybe that strain has a different sweet spot?

While investigating this I came across that information and have heard from numerous folks a good indicator of a bad meter is if it doesn't hold the number. So it goes 6.2-6.1,6.2,6.1 etc over and over. It also sounds like your meters maybe be a better quality measuring to the hundredths. So it may just be a variance within their acceptable margin. either way now you know what she likes

Back
Top Bottom