Tap water in Coco!

CuiBono

Let's talk tap water I have had success using very hard tap water in Coco I will be updating this forum to show that you can grow healthy plants in Coco using tap water.
So I use source tap water is very high 220 ppm & 7.1 pH
My complete Nutrients line up
Canna Coco A&B (Canna)
Cannazym (Canna)
Calmag plus (Botanicare)
Pure blend tea (Botanicare)
Terpenez (grow solutions)
Superthrive
I mix all at half strength to avoid nute lockout
PH up & down

PPMS
Clone total ppms 600
Vegetation total ppms 700-750
Early flowering total ppms 750-850
Flower formation total ppms 800-900
Pk Harding week total ppms 1200-1300
Final touches total ppms 750-850
Flush week total ppms 220( last days 2 I use RO form the store with 20 ppms

Yes I have a 5 gallon res that sits with no air stone but open for evaporation I don't use air hose because they add ppms from the air I mix my nutes as needed

I'm needing some more insight on this myself..I have a softener in my house but most the faucets read roughly 450ppm and .9 ec with a pH of 7 2ish.but my outside spigot reads slightly higher in ppm and same pH could the TDS meter be reading the levels of salt I have inside my house... Also would it be a bad idea to use the outside spigot with such high ppms I'm starting.my first grow in Coco and using the Canna line of products from medium to nutes don't wanna ruin a my first grow with something as small as high ppm water thanks

[QUOTE = "CuiBono, post: 3612239, membro: 300564"]
Parliamo di acqua di rubinetto Ho avuto successo usando acqua di rubinetto molto dura in Coco. Aggiornerò questo forum per mostrare che è possibile coltivare piante sane in Coco usando acqua di rubinetto.
Quindi uso acqua di rubinetto di fonte molto alta 220 ppm e 7,1 pH
La mia linea completa di nutrienti
Canna Coco A&B (Canna)
Cannazym (Canna)
Calmag plus (Botanicare)
Tè in miscela pura (Botanicare)
Terpenez (soluzioni di coltivazione)
Superthrive
Mescolo tutto a metà forza per evitare il blocco del nuto
PH su e giù

PPMS
Clona totale ppms 600
Vegetazione totale ppms 700-750
PPM totali a fioritura precoce 750-850
Totale formazione fiori ppms 800-900
Pk Settimana di Harding totale ppms 1200-1300
Tocchi finali totali ppms 750-850
Flush settimana totale ppms 220 (ultimi giorni 2 Uso RO dal negozio con 20 ppms
[/CITAZIONE]
220 ppm it would be a dream for me, my tap water comes out almost at 500ppm with a ph of 8+,I use a 30% tap and the rest RO when I don't want to add cal-mag.

I'm needing some more insight on this myself..I have a softener in my house but most the faucets read roughly 450ppm and .9 ec with a pH of 7 2ish.but my outside spigot reads slightly higher in ppm and same pH could the TDS meter be reading the levels of salt I have inside my house... Also would it be a bad idea to use the outside spigot with such high ppms I'm starting.my first grow in Coco and using the Canna line of products from medium to nutes don't wanna ruin a my first grow with something as small as high ppm water thanks

Your outside spigots likely do not go through the softener.

I would suggest against using softened water but people do it so the choice is yours.

Your outside spigots likely do not go through the softener.

I would suggest against using softened water but people do it so the choice is yours.
i would highly not recommend using water that has gone through a water softener as it contains way to much salt , any water under 100 ppm is already a soft water and doesnt need to be put through a water softener , the less you have in your water to start with the better as it gives you total control over what your plants get in the form of salt minerals

i highly recommend r.o.water or distilled less is more , you can always add but you cant take away what is in your tap water plus city water is constantly changing its ppm and ph numbers , test your tap water in the winter and test your water in the summer and you will see what i mean .this is if you live in a larger city and not using well water etc .

i live in a larger city in ontario canada and are having issues with broken city water pipes and construction in the near by areas and the water from the tap is a heavy yellow or brown and who knows what the hell is in that . i like to take the control in my hands ,

Use RO/non-softened in a ratio to get your mix water down to near 175ppm TDS. Most nute makers use a number near there when they formulate their nutrients. My well water is near 400 ppm TDS with mostly Ca/Mg hardness. I mix about half and half well to RO/rain for GH nutes and Sunshine Mix(peat/perlite/gypsum/dolomite). You can run straight RO/rain, but add Ca/Mg if you do.

i would highly not recommend using water that has gone through a water softener as it contains way to much salt , any water under 100 ppm is already a soft water and doesnt need to be put through a water softener

This. Keyword: SALT.

This is why when they hook up your water softener they:

a) don't hook your outside faucets to it (it's a waste, plus outside faucets get used for watering, and it's no bueno.)

b) tell you to not drink from the tap and get filtered water to drink.

There are non-salt options, but those are typically called filters and not "softeners."

I mix about half and half well to RO/rain for GH nutes and Sunshine Mix(peat/perlite/gypsum/dolomite). You can run straight RO/rain, but add Ca/Mg if you do.

The rainwater in my neck of the woods will etch clearcoat :rolleyes: . I'd be adding freakin' pH Up even to my flowering mix, lol.

I wasn't going to, but since you mentioned "GH," I should probably mention that they do sell a "Hard Water" version of their Micro component, for people who use their three-part Flora series and have high-calcium water. Some other nutrient manufacturers might also offer something like that.

Not every water source that has a high level of calcium also has a high level of magnesium. But Epsom salt is cheap. <SCRATCHES HEAD> Come to think of it, so is calcium nitrate. HtH do nutrient companies ever manage to sell a single bottle of their "Calcium + Magnesium" products :hmmmm: ? A big bag of each would probably last the average personal-use grower a lifetime.

:rofl::laugh:

My tap water is 1.6 + EC. I would kill to have 0.4 EC. I finely bought an RO machine, after two seasons of buying RO water in 3 gallon jugs, 5 jugs filled twice a week about 25 miles from my house, the cost was killing me.

Half rate nutes is good, remember Less Is More! I run approx. 40% strength A&B, but have to add extra Cal/Mag to avoid deficiencies.

Good luck on your grow there Buddy!

Back
Top Bottom