Potential problem I need help identifying

LimeGreen

420 Member
Hey guys/gals....

I'm having a potential issue I could use some advice on..

My plants look very healthy overall with zero signs of over fertilization... They do not have tip burn nor do they seem to be that dark green usually attributed to over doing it and they are growing very vigorously..

My girls are 39 days old and currently fed with 700 ppm @ 6.0 PH General Hydroponics 3 part Flora nutes...
They are in a mix of Coco Coir and Perlite at about a 2.5:1 ratio.
Temps are about 85 during lights on and 77 during lights off.
Light is a 1000w HID
Humidity is at 41% and upwards of 50% the first few days after watering.
My feed schedule is Feed, Water, Feed and allowing them to dry out before continuing and always with significant run-off.

As you can see from the pictures I have some clawing going on but ZERO canoeing... Leaves look very healthy otherwise..

My last feeding I eased up off the Nitrogen in case this was the beginning of nitrogen toxicity..

I've read this could just be a over-watering issue..What do you think?

IMG_20171108_073825.jpg
IMG_20171108_073809.jpg

According to Canna - you should never use just water because it messes up the Cation Exchange Capacity, and you shouldn't let coco dry because it causes salt build up.

I didn't know that about the Cation exchange but I do know that coco drying out is a nono. Other than that, I'm with King........beautiful colour. Some plants are prone to clawing. That being said.... you're under a 1000w in that space..... is your light maybe a bit too close? What size is your tent and how far away are you?

Mick, thank you for your reply.. So even though i'm watering with significant run-off you believe there is still a potential for mineral build-up?

Its my understanding that the reasoning behind watering until you get roughly 20% run-off is to prevent mineral build-up.. I'm confused?

So do you recommend feeding with every water?

Mick don't get me wrong I appreciate your input and your time but this goes against absolutely everything I've read thus far. I'll defiantly look into this and will alter my watering schedule so they are not drying out so much.

Guy Cavallero,

Im in a 4x4x80" tent and my HID is at least 18" at all times from the tops.. I periodically check leaf temps with IR thermometer and they never exceed 85F but usually hover around 80F. Thank you for your time bro!

85° is a bit high, but couple that with higher humidity and the temperature shouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't worry, your plants look amazing!

To me ur plant looks nice and healthy and green no need to worry by the looks of it . If u did happen to overwater just do wat u said leave her dry out abit but nothin to worry about she ll be back to herself after a couple of hour great job mate

I didn't know that about the Cation exchange but I do know that coco drying out is a nono. Other than that, I'm with King........beautiful colour. Some plants are prone to clawing. That being said.... you're under a 1000w in that space..... is your light maybe a bit too close? What size is your tent and how far away are you?

What you mean guy by some plants are more ammune to clawing ? Just curious bro

Hey guy can you pm
That massage therapist again you recommend?

What you mean guy by some plants are more ammune to clawing ? Just curious bro

Hey guy can you pm
That massage therapist again you recommend?
I've just noticed it a lot more and more recently. The edges of my own, as well as friends and on this site. Some seem to have some sort of an issue with the edges of the leaves curling upwards towards the light but with no adverse effects on the plants. I watched my own as well as two or three other threads to see if time caused any sort of issue and it did not and eventually it just became part of the grow. No adverse effects from the claw . That being said, I'm not suggesting that anybody for any reason ignores a sign like this, it can lead to issues in the future but with a diligent eye it can be caught easily. These girls, they have no issue whatsoever that I can see so once again my belief is that some of these girls just curl up towards the light.......fkn genetics lol.

I've just noticed it a lot more and more recently. The edges of my own, as well as friends and on this site. Some seem to have some sort of an issue with the edges of the leaves curling upwards towards the light but with no adverse effects on the plants. I watched my own as well as two or three other threads to see if time caused any sort of issue and it did not and eventually it just became part of the grow. No adverse effects from the claw . That being said, I'm not suggesting that anybody for any reason ignores a sign like this, it can lead to issues in the future but with a diligent eye it can be caught easily. These girls, they have no issue whatsoever that I can see so once again my belief is that some of these girls just curl up towards the light.......fkn genetics lol.

Think it be too much to ask maybe if you get a chance show a picture . I'm don't understand I thought of the fans leafs were curled up it ment happy on nutes

If they are pointed up then they are sad .

Also if fans are shooting straight up means happy with light no?

Kinda overwhelmed right now .

Think it be too much to ask maybe if you get a chance show a picture . I'm don't understand I thought of the fans leafs were curled up it ment happy on nutes

If they are pointed up then they are sad .

Also if fans are shooting straight up means happy with light no?

Kinda overwhelmed right now .
Don't over think it brother. Just doesn't seem like as huge of a deal as it did when I first started growing, if the curled up edges start to discolor, then I would say that it's throwing up the caution tape!

If they r curlin up on the edges maybe thatz a sign that the like might be abit close maybe inm wrong just a suggestion
I would agree if the leaves on our friends plants were showing any sort of sign of stress, but I mean the color is amazing and there are no signs of tip burn or light stress.

Hey all, this is a bizarre crossroads, and strains can have a lot to do with it. My sativas almost always reach for the stars, and it is a good sign from all i know and have been told. The indices tend to have a flatter structure, but they will reach for the sky too when they are jamming really well. Curl or claw/canoe...i have had both, and with any significant claw, be aware an issue may be on the horizon, canoeing can be a sign that your plants are too close to the lights, or getting too hot. That being said, some strains (mainly kushes as far as i know) will canoe their own leaves as a means to get light on all the surfaces that it covers with trichromes.
420-magazine-mobile1710952372.jpg
. These are healthy hydro Candy Kush, and 39 days into flower. To be noted, they didn't start to canoe until we had full flower production, at about 25 days into flower. There was NO canoe whatsoever before that.

Hope that helps.

Hey all, this is a bizarre crossroads, and strains can have a lot to do with it. My sativas almost always reach for the stars, and it is a good sign from all i know and have been told. The indices tend to have a flatter structure, but they will reach for the sky too when they are jamming really well. Curl or claw/canoe...i have had both, and with any significant claw, be aware an issue may be on the horizon, canoeing can be a sign that your plants are too close to the lights, or getting too hot. That being said, some strains (mainly kushes as far as i know) will canoe their own leaves as a means to get light on all the surfaces that it covers with trichromes.
420-magazine-mobile1710952372.jpg
. These are healthy hydro Candy Kush, and 39 days into flower. To be noted, they didn't start to canoe until we had full flower production, at about 25 days into flower. There was NO canoe whatsoever before that.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for chiming in Jesse, exactly what I was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom