Veg looks terrible and I have no ideas left - Help me troubleshoot!

ns1993

C644F497-C875-480A-88E8-ACEBCE2DEAD2.jpeg
AC71EB71-70E1-42EC-8F30-794E3B303F8E.jpeg
76531899-F9CA-420E-96D0-C9AE25DC7D26.jpeg
77C578A0-C881-452B-B36E-F9B8CD03AED1.jpeg
F30B46FC-AD56-49BF-8F8C-1BB7861EDD5A.jpeg

Here are the details:

Room: 160 sq ft. Indoor. Temp set to 77 degrees Fahrenheit. Humidity set to 64%. CO2 at 1000.
Lights: 6 gavitas at 500 watts for total of 3000 watts
Medium: botanicare cocogro coir fiber in 5 gallon smart pots.
Water: RO in 50 gal res
Nutes: GH Cocotek grow a and b. Using Potassium silicate for ph up. Cal-mag occasionally.

The plants looked great in the beginning but once they were about 6 weeks old I started seeing red flags. Weird coloration, yellowing leaves, stunted new growth, and droopiness. Checked runoff and it was crazy high, like 2500-3000 ppm. I thought something was getting locked out, so I flushed half the room with 6 ph water at 600 ppm water (300 ppm of base nutes and 300 ppm calmag). Now 2 weeks later nothing has changed except for it maybe getting worse. A couple of plants have started getting very yellow with lots of leaves starting to brown/curl and die. There’s no noticeable difference between those that were flushed and those that weren’t.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m at my wit’s end!

Veg looks terrible and I have no ideas left... help me troubleshoot!!

Hi ns, and a big 420mag welcome to you! ..

I'm not able to help specifically I'm sorry, I know nothing about growing in Coco coir. I'm sure someone will pop in soon who has the experience to help. In the meantime, it will really help people help you if you provide some photos. You can upload pics via the photo gallery and then add them here. (There's a way to do it with a smartphone or tablet but I'm not able to help there either!)

In any case - diagnosis and help usually needs photos.

Welcome again to 420 mag - I hope you find the help you need

EDIT: found the photo guide thread. It includes directions for mobile devices as well.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

:Namaste:

Here are the details:

Room: 160 sq ft. Indoor. Temp set to 77 degrees Fahrenheit. Humidity set to 64%. CO2 at 1000.
Lights: 6 gavitas at 500 watts for total of 3000 watts
Medium: botanicare cocogro coir fiber in 5 gallon smart pots.
Water: RO in 50 gal res
Nutes: GH Cocotek grow a and b. Using Potassium silicate for ph up. Cal-mag occasionally.

The plants looked great in the beginning but once they were about 6 weeks old I started seeing red flags. Weird coloration, yellowing leaves, stunted new growth, and droopiness. Checked runoff and it was crazy high, like 2500-3000 ppm. I thought something was getting locked out, so I flushed half the room with 6 ph water at 600 ppm water (300 ppm of base nutes and 300 ppm calmag). Now 2 weeks later nothing has changed except for it maybe getting worse. A couple of plants have started getting very yellow with lots of leaves starting to brown/curl and die. There's no noticeable difference between those that were flushed and those that weren't.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm at my wit's end!
I just had same issue I'm on second water only at 6.0 ph and I'm pulling dead leaves off, remeber to do that don't worry there dead leaves. Mine has spun around well its all genetics my glues and zombie kush did ok, the og and blueberry headband had same issues and now are just recovering but others I mentioned didnt show heavy damage. The culprit was a misfeed too much at once now I'm around 2k ppm. Take the runoff out like I do. So the excess salts don't cause a lockout ill go grab a pic.

420-magazine-mobile464485175.jpg

420-magazine-mobile747530682.jpg

I'm about 1 week till flower, the culprit was mixing 3 additive nutes that caused a buildup in soil.

Cal mag. Every time. All the time. Coco holds it and your plants are showing deficiency so just mix up some into a spray bottle. 3 to 5 drops spray twice a week and always add.a minimum of 150ppm cal mag.

I just pulled what looks to be most of the last brown off . trust me I feel your pain try removing the runoff when you flush use just water nothing else.

Are you feeding daily to 20% run off? If you don't you will get salt build up. Do you feed plain water? If you do you will mess up the Cation Exchange Capacity and develop deficiencies. Coco should never be given plain water - ever. If you should ever have to flush because of a deficiency, always use 1/4 strength nutes. What's the pH of the run off? Should be between 5.7 and 6.5. You definitely need to add calmag to every feeding because you're using r/o water - you for sure have a magnesium and possibly a calcium problem. Good luck.

Are you feeding daily to 20% run off? If you don't you will get salt build up. Do you feed plain water? If you do you will mess up the Cation Exchange Capacity and develop deficiencies. Coco should never be given plain water - ever. If you should ever have to flush because of a deficiency, always use 1/4 strength nutes. What's the pH of the run off? Should be between 5.7 and 6.5. You definitely need to add calmag to every feeding because you're using r/o water - you for sure have a magnesium and possibly a calcium problem. Good luck.
I had 5k ppm in one of my plants and the plain water is fine if you use supplimental feedings such as teas you have to do it I get my recipe from a guy that grows 2 plates per light so I'm sure it's fine, plus guess wat lol? it worked no brown left so this 100% works in oceans forest and 2 feedings over a 1 and a half week feeding if water seems to work I stop at 2300 ppm area as it's concentrated in water not actually that high in the entire soil. As for coco I'm saying your wrong my guy uses coco and he specificaly advises plain water so I'm just saying to each is own but it don't hurt shit there aint no cal mag in rain bro. Water is essential to life you do not have to nute a plant constantly

I had 5k ppm in one of my plants and the plain water is fine if you use supplimental feedings such as teas you have to do it I get my recipe from a guy that grows 2 plates per light so I'm sure it's fine, plus guess wat lol? it worked no brown left so this 100% works in oceans forest and 2 feedings over a 1 and a half week feeding if water seems to work I stop at 2300 ppm area as it's concentrated in water not actually that high in the entire soil. As for coco I'm saying your wrong my guy uses coco and he specificaly advises plain water so I'm just saying to each is own but it don't hurt shit there aint no cal mag in rain bro. Water is essential to life you do not have to nute a plant constantly
While I agree with you if the OP were growing in soil, I respectfully disagree with you regarding how to feed/water coco. Using plain water in coco will mess up the Cation Exchange Capacity and you will develop deficiencies. Coco is drain to waste hydroponics - not soil - and shouldn't be treated as such. Like all hydroponic applications, constant feeding is required. You wouldn't give plain water in a DWC set up. Daily feeding to run off replenishes the nutes, pulls in fresh oxygen to the root zone, and prevents salt build up. I don't know where you came up with the rain water comment - the OP is using r/o water.

I've been feeding my plants daily in coco for years and I usually yield about 8oz. per plant with only a five week veg - and I never have a discolored leaf.

Flower_5_weeks.JPG

Back
Top Bottom