Cal mag or nahhhh?

Pepe lepeww

What up guys !

Quick question I'm running my first coco grow and needed to know if I add cal mag to every feed. I have been reading about cation exchange capacity and read that it stores nutrient in its cations such calcium sulfate, magnesium, and potassium, and etc. I'm using a pre hydrated brand of coco from Walmart and was wondering if it still has cal mag stored in its cations from the manufacturer. No details about this on the bag so I turn too you guys. Thanx

Coco does not naturally have anything in it however sometimes the manufacturer either doesnt wash the coco well or adds nutes to it. If your concerned just flush it with a ton of water, I like to wash my coco to get any potential salts out of it and does not take very long just till you stop seeing brown stuff. The beauty of growing in coco coir is that you control the medium in which your plants are living.

My water has alot of Ca in it so I just add MgSO4, I have recently heard that you dont really have to add any if your base nutes already contain Ca/Mg but I am skeptical. The above advice is good, just try not to go too heavy on the N in the first few weeks 1/4 strength bloom nutes and 1/4 strength micronutes. I recently started a blue kush auto in coco and only gave water for the first 9 days then started her on 1/2 micro 1/2 1st week schedule.

Back
Top Bottom