Coco Coir and Perlite - 50/50
Advanced Nutrients for Coco
B-52
Cal-Mag
RO water
Earthpots - 3 gal
CropKing Seeds - 4 Candy Cane (af), 2 Afghani (reg),
Water twice a day (by hand), Flush on weekends with diluted nutes

This is my 49th day in Coco, and I'm two weeks into flowering. I haven't really checked PPM's and pH, because I foolishly believed AN claims that it wouldn't be necessary. That being said, I just ordered my pH and PPM checkers, which should be here tomorrow. Everything looks pretty good, and after 5 weeks of veg, I moved into flower last week. I've cleaned up the bottom of my plants, and I topped twice since germination. Still looks pretty busy, though, so I'll have to do something about that so light can get down into the plant. I flush them in my tub, - yes, it's clean- because I don't have the equipment to deal with that amount of water.

To be honest, these plants grew so fast, that topping, fimming and trimming got away from me. I've never seen anything like this when I grew in soil, and now I'm practically frozen trying to figure out how to open her up - or if I should just leave them be, and see where they go!

Problems/Concerns:
1. I've got a few of the white tips at the end of my leaves, so I flushed them earlier today, but is there something else I'm missing? I ran out of Cal-mag on Thursday, but would that affect my plants this quickly? I'll have it tomorrow, but if that's the cause of my white tips, I now know that Cal-mag will be kept in abundance.

2. Watering by hand is depressing me big time. I could get a drip irrigation system, but I'd rather have an ebb and flow. The problem with the E+F is finding or making one low enough to the floor and a reservoir for less than 100.00. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. My hope is to have the Oxypot System by the beginning of the New Year.

3. The two Afghani regs. - The Candy Cane is in the big tent, but I've got the Afghani in my 24x48x72, but it's vegging in 24hour light. I'm thinking as long as I don't change the light, it'll stay in veg, but I'm wondering if my 'girls' could coax them into flowering. I have a place for them, away from the girls, but waiting for the right time to do so, about another two weeks.

I'm waiting another week to clone one to see if one or both are male. I want to refrigerate some pollen to paint on one of my "canes" but I'm reading up on that. Considering keeping it to harvest for seeds, but mostly I want to gather leaves for my third go round at thai sticks - The last batch brought back so many memories - or were they "flashbacks?" :)

Anyway, here are some photos, but I don't think they show very much. Comments, instruction greatly appreciated.

Afghani31.jpg
Preflower_Cleaning.jpg
Candy_Cane_Coco_AN_-_5wks1.jpg
Candy_Cane21.jpg
CC_5weeks.jpg
CC_-_AN_nutes.jpg
Candy_Cane_Coco_AN_-_5wks.jpg
Afghani_R.jpg

Firstly I would recommend you take a look at cultivators 'how to grow in coco' thread and check out his journals. I myself follow cultivators feed schedule and growing techniques and i have had great results even though I'm a novice and learning from scratch.
Your plants are looking healthy, I don't think you got to much to worry about.
I use 100% Coco in my pots and water once per day, no need for perlite and I have my lights on a 18/6 . Also do not flush with plain water, if you're going to flush do so with a lighter nute mix though I don't see a need for you to be flushing at this point. Not sure what the white tips on leafs are, hopefully someone else can chime in with that.
All the best

Firstly I would recommend you take a look at cultivators 'how to grow in coco' thread and check out his journals. I myself follow cultivators feed schedule and growing techniques and i have had great results even though I'm a novice and learning from scratch.
Your plants are looking healthy, I don't think you got to much to worry about.
I use 100% Coco in my pots and water once per day, no need for perlite and I have my lights on a 18/6 . Also do not flush with plain water, if you're going to flush do so with a lighter nute mix though I don't see a need for you to be flushing at this point. Not sure what the white tips on leafs are, hopefully someone else can chime in with that.
All the best

Thanks for the input, and it's much appreciated! I've managed to find a few other discussions that are a little more active and open to Coco newbies, so I've been getting my fill of attention and advise. Doesn't using 100% Coco pose its own problems? Anyway, I'll probably be moving on next week. Thanks again!:)

Hey there bruh.

I had 1 coco grow just harvested , I'm no pro so can't help too much.
The tip burn looks like a very slight nute burn , just lower the ppm a tad 5%-10% or so .

Also , what I observed with my girls ... I had explosive growth and all till week 4 flower , then it all went sideways , nitrogen, cal and magnesium deficiencies . I flushed when I should have fed and that made things worse , took some time to get myhead straight and follow simple instructions .

Managed to pull ~1.2 kilos dry and about 300g untrimmed popcorn from 2x600hps in a 4x8ft tent (with ~70 days veg)

I feel your pain about watering, I dislike it very much myself , I'm switching over to rdwc , though coco could be easy just not hand watering .

Look up Blumat , it's a sort of auto watering system I considered but didn't get the chance to use.

Tried some drippers but they need some water pressure my pond pumps didn't provide , later found out some other sort of pump is needed ... fk that ffs.

Otherwise , yea not so much noob help around , guess the gurus got tired of answering the same questions over and over

Hey cocomo fellow newbie here and growing in coco myself.. I also have one with mixed in aquarium gravel.. I will say the one in the gravel has shown some difference compared to the plain coco.. not saying it helps dramasticly but there is a slight difference

Do tell!! What kind of difference? Everything I've read has pushed for mixing the Coco, so I went with the perlite, but I'm thinking the gravel helps with drainage, but also keeps the gnats back, too? I haven't had any bug problems, but I may go and get some aquarium gravel just in case.

CoCoMo

Sorry mate had a hectic time with my current grow thought I had lost my ballast turns out my light blew did I look like a dick at the hydro store..... anyways back to adding to coco I only used gravel as I had a tonne lying around will probs add some perlite/vermiculite to the next grow aswell.
Differences thicker stem more evenly placed nodes. So far that is what I have noticed mostly.. I'm guessing this will have some Benifit. Oh the nodes that's helping even though I didn't heavily tie down there are branches coming where I have had to tie the others back to get the same effect... that's all for now

Just found your journal I'll follow along the white tips may be a little over feeding i mean just a little. As your plants get bigger the white tips should go away. I had it happen to me when my plants were young. I'm going to be growing some Candy Cane starting in April so I'm interested in how she does for you. I too grow in Coco but my grow is 100% coco. I'm using Canna nutrients but will be switching to Coco Tek from General Hydroponics. Good Luck and keep the pictures coming

To be honest I think your plants are looking great. If you want more attention and responses it would be a good idea to create a Journal and post it in the Journal section. You will get more great growers help there than you could ever imagine.

I don't see the white tips you were describing. If they are still a problem could you post a picture.

I created a pretty cool drip system for my CoCo grow and am really happy with it's results. My effort was initially a way to keep my girls going when I have to go away on a trip at the beginning of March. It works so well I am using it daily now. You can check my journal in my signature and also I posted a tutorial which needs to be updated a bit

Auto Drip Irrigation for CoCo -

Back
Top Bottom