Adventures in coco

Apollo1982

So after a few (imo) bad bags of promix i have shifted my entire media to coco. Im almost threw my first flower and its been a huge learning experience.

So the first plants were a c99 in straight coco, and a couple in a few different mixs of coco/perlite and coco/perlite/ewc. Using h&g coco nute line at half strength. Things were great in veg but started getting calmag issues in flower in all plants. 1229171644a_HDR_noexif.jpg
So i upped my calmag to around 3ml per gallon and it seems to have slowed down, its hard to tell cause the damage is done but new growth looks good.

So on the next round i switched my nutes over to cyco bloom for both veg and flower, in veg im also adding h&g nitrogen boost and sillica and some other things and my veg plants look great. Went with straight coco on everything this round to limit the variables.

So on the calmag issue on 2 plants i am experimenting with one getting a higher ppm and less calmag(900ppm before calmag), the other low ppm and high calmag(5ml per gallon cal/450ppm before calmag) thinking this will give good data on the calmag.

How much do you guys add? My waters starting ppm is around 200 on the old table im mixing it to around 400ppm before adding nutes and it has seemed to help.

I use 5ml per gal of cal mag also. Just started using it when I flip to 12x12. Still learning all the tricks but so far everything looks healthy. Have to start paying closer attention to my ph to be safe. Show some pics I have a few of mine on here.

So after a few (imo) bad bags of promix i have shifted my entire media to coco. Im almost threw my first flower and its been a huge learning experience.

So the first plants were a c99 in straight coco, and a couple in a few different mixs of coco/perlite and coco/perlite/ewc. Using h&g coco nute line at half strength. Things were great in veg but started getting calmag issues in flower in all plants. 1229171644a_HDR_noexif.jpg
So i upped my calmag to around 3ml per gallon and it seems to have slowed down, its hard to tell cause the damage is done but new growth looks good.

So on the next round i switched my nutes over to cyco bloom for both veg and flower, in veg im also adding h&g nitrogen boost and sillica and some other things and my veg plants look great. Went with straight coco on everything this round to limit the variables.

So on the calmag issue on 2 plants i am experimenting with one getting a higher ppm and less calmag(900ppm before calmag), the other low ppm and high calmag(5ml per gallon cal/450ppm before calmag) thinking this will give good data on the calmag.

How much do you guys add? My waters starting ppm is around 200 on the old table im mixing it to around 400ppm before adding nutes and it has seemed to help.
I've done 3ml gal forever with Lucas formula in coco but I've noticed they could use a touch more cal mag once they root and start upward growth.

I'm using Canna coco nutrients part A&B with some Protect Silicon that's it I'm getting great results
IMG_3379_copy1.jpg
IMG_3369_copy.jpg
IMG_3368_copy1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom