A shout out to Mick Foster

Quackerfortun

420 Member
First off, this is my second or third post on this site. My first attempt at posting was, I admit, was a sorry ass excuse for a posting. But that is another matter. I have been a soil grower for quite awhile and started looking into coco for something different. With all the expense and what I would call work involved I decided it was not for me. But I still try to keep up with whats going on in that area. While reading in the coco tread I read Mike Foster's postings a little over a month ago. I took his advice and gave it a try. His method of 1tsp of Maxibloom per gallon of tap water is a winner. That one gallon will last about 3days with daily feeding, depending on the age and size of the plant. I do not know what my PH is or what my PPM,s are, nor do I care. I use the water right out of the tap. I posted a picture of a Blueberry O.G that is 28 days from seed. 6 large fan leaves have been removed for light to lower branches. In my experience it does not get any easier then this. So to Mick Foster I say thank you.

20180212_121709.jpg

Nice looking plants. I can't take credit for the KISS method with MaxiBloom - it was developed by a guy named Ioni Botani 10 years ago on the ICMAG forum. But thanks for the kudos and I wish you luck with your grow. :blushsmile:

I,m thinking you deserve the credit if just for keeping the method alive and sharing on the forum. I don,t think I,ll be trying this with a landrance sativa like a Malawi or Columbian gold 72, it could get away from you real quick. But then again it might be interesting to try. Thanks again

Blueberry O.G photo has been moved to a 3 gal pot. The small plant in first photo is a Alien vs Triangle Auto at 16 days using same method.

20180212_121630.jpg
20180212_121630.jpg

What exactly is this method that you are using. I understand the bloom I use it also, what else are you using or where is this posted? T/u

What exactly is this method that you are using. I understand the bloom I use it also, what else are you using or where is this posted? T/u
It's known as the KISS method - it's considered very close to the Lucas formula in nutrient percentages and is an alternative to using the Flora Series. 7 grams of GH MaxiBloom per gallon of tap water from start to finish and that's it - no grow formula and no expensive additives. The 7 grams is full strength - reduce the amount depending on the age of the plant.

Interesting and is that all you ever do or do you try other methods also? I like kiss if it works it works. Cause I guess I am doing the full flora method. t/u

It's known as the KISS method - it's considered very close to the Lucas formula in nutrient percentages and is an alternative to using the Flora Series. 7 grams of GH MaxiBloom per gallon of tap water from start to finish and that's it - no grow formula and no expensive additives. The 7 grams is full strength - reduce the amount depending on the age of the plant.

Is Maxibloom a GH product?
sorry, I was lazy... yes it is lol

Again this is my first attempt with the KISS method. Blueberry O.G. was put into flower in 3x3 Tent under a Perfect Sun Dwarf Star. If I do this method again I'll definitely use a grow bag, the roots are coming out of the drain holes of the pot. Don't know if this will affect the grow or not.

Resized952018021795181320.jpg
Resized952018021795181320.jpg

For those that may be interested, I do not own a scale so the final results of the grow are
5 quart jars of dried bud for the blueberry O.G. photo (actually smells like blueberry go figure)
6 quart jars of dried bud for the alien vs triangle auto (that is the most I've ever pulled from an auto) and a freezer full of trim. All the buds from both plants were rock hard. Nothing but straight tap water and maxibloom were used.
Nice return on investment. Free seeds from Seedsman , small bag of maxibloom about 15 bucks and still have plenty left for a one plant run. I'll be doing the KISS method from now on with all my autos. Glad i ran into MIck Foster's post.
It's really too easy

Back
Top Bottom