1st time grow, deficiency? Nute burn?

PEIslandGrow

420 Member
Hey all! These plants are all in General Hydroponics cocotek and using Green Planet "take it and grow" nutrients kit. They are about 5 weeks from germination. Lately I am noticing the bottom leaves are dying off and some tip burn. Some purple stems too. I use the 5 gal jugs of water at room temp. On a side note I pasteurized the coco as there were larvae crawling for cover during watering after 3 days of the grow. Also used diatomacious earth to combat them and since haven't seen any. I was watering with about 5.8pH RO water and was around 800ppm on my feeds. Today I moved to 6.1pH after digging through more forums and dropped the ppm to about 400 as I am unsure what the issue is exactly. One pic is just showing the top as it was fim'd about a week and a half ago. Thanks in advance.

I have been giving 1L of ph'd water or feed (alternating) ever day or sometimes up to 2 days. I figure I should try to water everyday now. Each are in 3 gal pots. I get about 20-25% runoff which I've become lazy on emptying. Drained it today at least haha. Also would pour half water on one side somewhat fast then rotate and repeat. I did however get bottom leaves wet a bunch of times. So today I took my time.

The girls are looking pretty good. I've often had the first leaves yellow when they were blocked from light. You sound like your doing the right thing with the exception of letting the run off sit in the drip pans. I put some upside down saucers in my drip pan so my pots don't sit directly in any run off. That way if you don't get around to draining the run off the plant won't get soggy feet.

I'm growing in 7 gallon pots and water daily with Perfect PH so don't worry about PH. I personally don't water to run off but do a flush every once in awhile. I have also been cautioned to use Cal Mag to prevent deficiencies and Nitrogen lock out. You might take a look at it and other's recommendation of adding it to your CoCo grow.

Bud, you need to get some cal/mag and some epsom salts.
1 gram epsom/gallon plus the recommended rate for cal/mag. You need this from the start to the finish.

JMHO

GR

I do use it. It's called Pro Cal by Green Planet
Are you using epsom, if not, 1 gram per gallon.
You have a mag issue, this should correct it.
Again, JMHO

Back
Top Bottom