50 plants 16 oz prescription

Do not know if this helps.. How does my card protect me?
A patient may engage in the medical use of marijuana, with no more marijuana than is medically necessary to address a debilitating medical condition. A patient's medical use of marijuana, within the following limits, is lawful: No more than two ounces of a usable form of marijuana; and no more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants that are producing a usable form of marijuana. Found info here... Medical Marijuana in Colorado

I am not sure I understand you.... If your doc prescribed 50 plants, then you can grow fifty plants... I would love to know what medical condition you have that would require 50 plants?

the caregiver definition battle has been going on for awhile, and I doubt that will be settled here anytime soon....

I am not sure I understand you.... If your doc prescribed 50 plants, then you can grow fifty plants... I would love to know what medical condition you have that would require 50 plants?

the caregiver definition battle has been going on for awhile, and I doubt that will be settled here anytime soon....

The doc's are writing perscriptions for eatables and IT TAKES MORE PLANT
TO MAKE EATABLES.
I think they are testing the system????

SORRY for the confusion.

I know they are, but most double the plant count ( a few of my patients have done this) but to get a 50 plant script for one person is a bit mind blowing... I am still curious about the condition, all these plants were prescribed for...:peace:

I know they are, but most double the plant count ( a few of my patients have done this) but to get a 50 plant script for one person is a bit mind blowing... I am still curious about the condition, all these plants were prescribed for...:peace:

My prescription was for pain in my elbow from motorcycle accident.I lost the protective sack in my elbow.Pretty much anytime i move my elbow i have pain.
The Doc asked if i smoke or eat and i said eat...
After i left i saw he wrote the prescription for 50 plant or 16 oz????:hmmmm:

I checked current law and saw nothing about 50 plants.
I dont need 50 plant it just seamed strange to me that he did not
follow state law???
6 plants is just fine for my needs.:smokin:

Doc just prescribed my for 24 plants or 8 ounces. I'm a caregiver for my wife who has a rebuilt finger and is in chronic pain too. She doesn't smoke, so she got extra plants for edibles.

I think I'll still go by the State law that says you can only grow 6 plants.

High. 1st thing to address is the "prescription" thing. A Dr. doesn't write anyone a prescription for MMJ. He simply makes a recommendation for the use of MMJ to help you with whatever ailments you have. Where would you go to fill your 50 plant script? The verbage in our ammendment is real hazy on the amount necessary, probably for a very good reason. Here are the paragraphs from the state site:

(4) (a) A patient may engage in the medical use of marijuana, with no more marijuana than is medically necessary to address a debilitating medical condition. A patient's medical use of marijuana, within the following limits, is lawful:
(I) No more than two ounces of a usable form of marijuana; and
(II) No more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants that are producing a usable form of marijuana.
(b) For quantities of marijuana in excess of these amounts, a patient or his or her primary care-giver may raise as an affirmative defense to charges of violation of state law that such greater amounts were medically necessary to address the patient's debilitating medical condition.
I'm betting the loophole used to recommend more plants for certain patients lies in sec (b). It only makes sense that a patient requiring edibles as the method of ingestion for medical or whatever reasons, would require more than 3blooming plants to provide the amounts necessary to meet the needs. I think 50 is overkill. Unless your Dr. was a grower in the past, how in the hell could he know how many plants to recommend, yield per plant, strain most suitable to help you? In addition, it's not like you could just take your recommendation to your caregiver and he/she could just start your 50 plant garden. That's not going to be an easy task. not to mention the caregiver would have to know how to take the harvest and make it into something the patient could ingest. 2 facets of MMJ horticulture that take time to learn. I'm following Caddies' advice. I personally do not want an attorney to be able to raise an affirmative defense in court. I'd rather it never got that far.:smokin:
Good luck

Drumlove makes a very good point.

I've got a prescription for 24 plants, but I'd rather not deal with the police. I'll follow the six plant guideline for now.

This will probably be all hashed-out this January when the Colorado Congress meets up this January. It's a pretty big topic, so I'm sure it will be addressed. I'm hoping to be able to grow 24 plants like my doctor prescribed, but I doubt it.

I just received a recommendation from my Dr. I assumed it was for the standard 6 plants. When I got home I read on the bottom it says "oral ingestion - 30 plants recommended" He didn't say anything about it to me so I couldn't ask him anything about it and he's only in once a week. It doesn't say anything about how many ounce that would allow me to posses, obviously with that many plants we'll have more than two ounces. I can't find anything in the law that is clear, it just sounds like if you have more and they bust you, you can win in court. anyone have any input on the matter?

I just received a recommendation from my Dr. I assumed it was for the standard 6 plants. When I got home I read on the bottom it says "oral ingestion - 30 plants recommended" He didn't say anything about it to me so I couldn't ask him anything about it and he's only in once a week. It doesn't say anything about how many ounce that would allow me to posses, obviously with that many plants we'll have more than two ounces. I can't find anything in the law that is clear, it just sounds like if you have more and they bust you, you can win in court. anyone have any input on the matter?

Welcome to 420

I dont have an answer for you but i think there will some new guide lines
in the comming months.

:rocker:

(I) No more than two ounces of a usable form of marijuana;
This is your most important line in the laws..Note the word "usable" This will be cause for abuse, the same as here in Michigan..Some people take it to mean that they can have more, but keep it dated for consecutive intervals as not being properly "cured" yet..Maybe this rule could be to your advantage in this circumstance? Just throwing that out there. :roorrip:

(I) No more than two ounces of a usable form of marijuana;
This is your most important line in the laws..Note the word "usable" This will be cause for abuse, the same as here in Michigan..Some people take it to mean that they can have more, but keep it dated for consecutive intervals as not being properly "cured" yet..Maybe this rule could be to your advantage in this circumstance? Just throwing that out there. :roorrip:

The Dr's have said it takes more to make mj treats to eat and they
can write what ever amount they want???

Dont know if it has been tested in court?

I hear that they might be making growers get Lic for a 5000.00 fee per year
whitch would be great if i could grow my 50 plant script

:peace:

You really dont need that much to make edibles with, Or tinctures for that matter. An ounce of weed makes enough cannabutter to last you a few months. And can be used in anything from brownies and cookies, to spaghetti sauce..Hit me up if you need to know how to make these things... :roorrip:

thanks for your input guys, and yes I think we'll see more things clarified in the laws coming up.
I'm probably still going to stick with the six for now anyway, but its nice to know if I start new ones before the old ones move up to the next stage I won't get in trouble, or more specifically, if I do get in trouble I have grounds to fight it. the kicker in the law is the wording about as much marijuana as medically necessary
I heard a case recently that was very similar. I think in co springs? some guy had more for an edible recommendation and beat it in court so hopefully that will set a precedent. just starting my crop so I imagine I'll be on here asking for advice and such!

Back
Top Bottom