Advice on whether or not to grow

GreenZombie

Hi all,

I am a CO MMJ Cardholder, allowed to grow 6 plants of my own, however I'm a bit nervous starting to grow with all the changes to the laws here in CO.

Specifically, with this new registry database they are setting up that will be accessible to various law enforcement agencies, what will stop say the D.E.A. from using that list to bust whomever they feel like on any given day?

The state law may say I can grow, but we all know how little that means to the feds, and I'm afraid of getting raided, arrested, and losing my kids.

Am I justified in this fear? Am I being paranoid? Anyone else in a similar situation?

Just looking for some advice from the community on this one, I would really love to grow, but in no way is it worth my kids.

Thanks!

Re: Advice on whether or not to grow...

I agree that would indeed be my safest bet, and I do have a long time friend who happens to have his card, a house, and no kids :Rasta:

I am just a bit bummed. I got my card, had my set-up picked out and the money ready, and had an awesome 3-layer security setup to keep the kiddos from even going near that area of the house. I was finally ready to start doing what I have been dreaming of doing for the past 20 years. I was going to grow my own.

Then I made a quick double check on the laws and found out about all the changes being made. My dreams were quickly shot down. Sort of. I just have to share the experience now with my friend, which could be really great in its own way, I guess I was really looking forward to babying my plants on a nightly basis though, I'm the project type. ;)

Plus, my friend's wife has a card as well, so 18 plants is better than 6 no matter where they're growing :)

Zombie,
I'm in the same boat as you, kids and a card. Teaming up on your grow is a great way to go. You can rotate your crops, and harvest smaller batches every month. This will keep you supplied with meds, and compliant.
Make sure that you include odor control in your setup, If you grow a good crop it will have major stink. Your filter needs to run 24 /7 to keep the odor down.

I would make sure you don't grow more than the allowed amount. Other than that keep the smell down and don't tell anyone and you shouldn't have issues. Once you tell one person it some how goes to a dozen ears I have found.

Back
Top Bottom