Denver, Colorado?

cearp

I've recently concidered schooling in Denver at Lincoln tech school. I want to be a botanist for medical but to start that career off I want to have a stable career. But ofcourse knowing how stable MM is in Colorado I want to get a medical card for my anxiety and grow and smoke. I currently smoke insted of taking xzanex. I have ruined my body with pills enough. What im worried about is the school drug test. So idk if since its a prescribed medication I can show up for THC. I need my medicine so I can't just be sober. Im currently in a non mm state so idk how a mm state runs or how it is in Denver. Any info would help. Thanks!:peace:

Someone has to have some knowledge

Not sure what to tell you about the school, if you are trying for fed assistance or something, you won't be able to use cannabis even with a recommendation. As for getting into the field, good luck, unless you know someone or are a good looking young lady, it won't happen at this time.. Maybe some day.. Everyone and their mothers can grow here in Colorado. I have friends that own dispensaries and they are hit up multiple times daily about any grow jobs... There are rules and you have to be approved by the state to even work for a dispensary.... Go look at the rues and make sure you can get approved in the first place.

Its not fed assistance. Its basically like getting drug tested for a job. And yeah I know. That's why I want a stable career first.

And maybe one day ill open my own dispenserie Lol my fiance is going for culinary arts to cook edibles.

Thank you. Im sure ill figure something out. Theres always a way. Anyways, still doesnt help me with the question... And also any doctors pro mm i should get in contact with before i move so I can get my mm card on arival...

I know this is an old post, but I'll respond anyway. I am not sure how it is with schools, but I would assume that it is not ok even with a referral, just like with employer drug tests. That being said, I have never had to pass a drug test for a school, that sucks. As for getting into the business, there are ways to jut be a grower and sell to dispensaries if you want to do that. I was told that they have to buy a certain % of their stock from outside sources, maybe 30%? Still it is like anything else: you either need to know the right people, or have something to offer that is different from anyone else. Be IRIE was right though, being chick helps too. I would like to believe that I am in the situation I am in now because I just ooze raw talent for growing, but I am more realistic than that lol. I think there is still room for more people in this market, especially ones who can improve on what is currently out there. I thank my lucky stars every day that I don't have to depend on dispensaries for my meds. Save yourself some trouble and go to a MMJ specific doc rather than trying to get a referral from a regular doc. If you want more than 6 plants, make sure you see one who writes edible notations. PM me if you want the name of mine.

A few things Chroni... Dispensaries can only buy from dispensaries. It is against the law for them to buy from a private grower.. It is 70/30 meaning they have to grow 70% of their own meds and can purchase 30% from other dispensaries, not other growers.....
The MMJ specific doctors here are being hassled, they are holding and not approving the recommendations from the docs right now and that is one of the ways the state is fucking with dispensaries/patients. The cards are once again falling behind on being processed here which is screwing with the patient cards, which then in turn screws the dispensaries as their plant count has to do with the patients. oh yeah, the State only recognizes the 6 plant 2 oz limit for patients.... No matter what your doc puts on there.... Be careful what you are growing out there as the State is going to start making examples out of people......

:Namaste:

As with all laws, it is more much complicated than that. The majority of what you see online is a paraphrased version of the law. I suggest reading the actual wording yourself (not just this one small law, but everything pertaining to MMJ and business), and having your lawyer do the same before you do anything, but that's just common sense at this time. Even with that, everyone in this industry runs the constant risk of being busted for one thing or another and is still at the mercy of a judge and/or jury's interpretation as well, not to mention the feds. If laws were not open to interpretation, we would have no need of a judicial branch. We all have to decide for ourselves how far to push things in order to maintain our freedom and still fight for what is right and decent.

As for finding a doctor, apply the same standard you would for any service that you pay for. Don't go to a sleazy doc and expect for there to be no problems. The one I see does referrals and hospice care, he has had no trouble so far and hopefully will not in the future. I actually understand cracking down on red card mills that don't do full exams and act more like they are helping you file taxes than providing legitimate medical treatment. The problem with trying to find a regular doc to write a referral is simply this: why would they risk it? Some do, and some don't, but I prefer to keep that part of my medical record entirely separate from the rest. That is simply what makes the most sense for me.

I know that 6 plants is the safer amount (zero is the only truly safe #), but I will continue to let my doc write an honest recommendation of what he believes that I need because I think it is an important step in helping people to understand that this is real medicine. A "one size fits all" recommendation is not in any way logical and does not apply to any other type of medication, so I do what I can to break away from that. Luckily, I do not need anywhere near 24 plants, but I will continue to see a doctor who handles MMJ in a way that makes sense to me.

As with all laws, it is more much complicated than that. The majority of what you see online is a paraphrased version of the law. I suggest reading the actual wording yourself (not just this one small law, but everything pertaining to MMJ and business), and having your lawyer do the same before you do anything, but that's just common sense at this time. Even with that, everyone in this industry runs the constant risk of being busted for one thing or another and is still at the mercy of a judge and/or jury's interpretation as well, not to mention the feds. If laws were not open to interpretation, we would have no need of a judicial branch. We all have to decide for ourselves how far to push things in order to maintain our freedom and still fight for what is right and decent.

As for finding a doctor, apply the same standard you would for any service that you pay for. Don't go to a sleazy doc and expect for there to be no problems. The one I see does referrals and hospice care, he has had no trouble so far and hopefully will not in the future. I actually understand cracking down on red card mills that don't do full exams and act more like they are helping you file taxes than providing legitimate medical treatment. The problem with trying to find a regular doc to write a referral is simply this: why would they risk it? Some do, and some don't, but I prefer to keep that part of my medical record entirely separate from the rest. That is simply what makes the most sense for me.

I know that 6 plants is the safer amount (zero is the only truly safe #), but I will continue to let my doc write an honest recommendation of what he believes that I need because I think it is an important step in helping people to understand that this is real medicine. A "one size fits all" recommendation is not in any way logical and does not apply to any other type of medication, so I do what I can to break away from that. Luckily, I do not need anywhere near 24 plants, but I will continue to see a doctor who handles MMJ in a way that makes sense to me.

IDK. but I do know Be IRIE, enough to know he is 420% Dedicatted to growing Cannabis and staying out of PRISON. You write of Intent of Law, and Interpretations, while also saying you would risk your ass to do so. Well that's great for you, but bad for any new readers who may think they will LEGALLY strike it rich in the Rocky Mountains (Colorado), with bad intel from you. While I appreciatte your candor as to willingness to press the Law.

I can can ask you to think! Is what you are doing is worth going to prison over?

I will have to come down on Be IRIE's, interpretation of CO MMJ Law, because I know him, his Reputation for Honesty, Integrity, and Dependability.

If it was my ass? I would rather be wrong with Be, than in prison with you. lol
:goodluck:

Lol ok, cearp, I apologize for encouraging you. I still say read the laws yourself and talk to a lawyer yourself. You can find the full documents online. It is a long read, but I generally go from oldest to newest so that you can see where changes have been made because that tends to be where the points of contention always come from. If there is something you want to do in life, I say find a way to do it. Of course there are obstacles, if there weren't, everyone would be doing it. Know the law, know the risks, and make your own decision.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this. Anxiety is not considered by the state to be a valid reason for a MMJ recommendation. Although if you have sever nausea caused by your anxiety that would be a qualifying reason...

Back
Top Bottom