Leaving TX

bob1962

Hey gays & gals I'm getting out of TX and I will only move to a mmj state thinking of Colorado Springs I am a disabled vet so I don't work I have a cronic pain even after surgery in 2002 under workers comp. lived with back pain for over 12 years and since my surgery have not had one day without pain. At one time was taking 240mg aday of oxycoton now down to 60mg aday with alot of hard work and friends I find MMJ is better than any drugs the docs want to give me. any way looking to move in July when my lease is up it's just me and my dog looking to rent a house also have 1 grow hydro under my belt came out real good too. but don't want to get busted so moving to a state I can grow.

1 Is it real hard to get a card?
2 What are prices like?
3 How much can I grow?
4 Is there a military base close?

Thank You

Boy I just reread my post boy do I sound down no wonder no one replyed any way feel better today and my mind is made up moving to Colorado Springs in Aug just sounds a little cheaper and more stuff for me then NM.

Hey brother you do not sound down you just NEED to obtain a License to Cultivate and Manufacture Medical Marijuana or buy Medicine Legally. With your qualifying conditions you will have NO Problem wherever you go although Michigan, and Montana, are cracking down on Dr's for signing Rec's I have heard.
In RI where I live it is getting easier to get the Card but I am 420% Positive that even here you would easily obtain the Card. Sometimes it takes a minute to have all questions answered but we will get to everyone. Thanks for your patience.
Good Luck

Bob, It doesn't sound like you will have a problem getting a card. Just get all your medical records in order.
Dispensary prices have dropped, but with many of them so has the quality. I saw a dispensary offering 175.00 mix and match oz's.
As a patient, you can grow 6 plants with no more then three in flowering at one time, and can have 2 oz's of usable meds laying around...
Yep

Bob, It doesn't sound like you will have a problem getting a card. Just get all your medical records in order.
Dispensary prices have dropped, but with many of them so has the quality. I saw a dispensary offering 175.00 mix and match oz's.
As a patient, you can grow 6 plants with no more then three in flowering at one time, and can have 2 oz's of usable meds laying around...
Yep

my doc prescribed 3 g's a day,allows me 15 plants any stage,1600 g's in storage and 60 g's on my person.bypass Colorado get a green card and move to Canada:morenutes:

good answer,and you couldn't pay me to move to the States but I do love to visit.its getting harder and harder to sneak my stash in though.

I will be moving to Colorado Springs in July or Aug of this year need help to know what areas to stay away from? I am going to drive up there this spring just to look around and get a feel for the area. Can't go above $900 for rent so if any one can let me know?
Thanks
PS I know to get all my medical records so I can get my card! I was a LVN in some places it's LPN:thanks:.

Lol I just responded to your post in the NM section before I saw this one. Colorado Springs is probably a better option for you anyhow. In general, the medical treatment I have gotten here far surpasses other states I have lived. The base in the Springs is pretty good I hear, and the cost of living is not too bad. I was looking at moving there last month, but opted to stay near Denver instead for now. There are a ton of places for rent right now and the prices are fairly reasonable. Some people will state up front whether or not they are ok with growers and/or MMJ patients, but most people I have talked to do not bring it up unless the landlord does because it insulates them (the landlord) from any potential legal trouble if they have culpable deny-ability. I think you will love it there though. Up in the Rockies, and in the Springs are the most 420-friendly places I have personally been to.

Also, in answer to some of your other questions, it should be pretty easy for you to get a card. You will need proof of residency, but if you are renting a place and paying utilities that is cake. Just get your state ID and bring a bill with your name on it. I had no problem at all getting mine, even without medical records. I only had my Rx's and my surgical scars to vouch for me at the time. The standard here is 6 plants I think, half veg and half bud. I have an edible notation, which is still a bit of a gray area, but it gives me 24 plants (12/12 veg to bud). Not all M.D.s will write edible notations here though so if you want more than the 6 you would be better to ask first. If you need it, I have a very good M.D. in Denver I could recommend. I am excited for you, Colorado is fantastic!

Hey Bob, Know where you are coming from, I moved from Al, last year to Co. live in Peublo, have lots of back problems, was taking 240mg of oxy,and a bunch of 10mg perks, and since Ive gotten legal mary Ive gone down a lot anyway if you need anything let me know..

I would move to CO. if the weather was warmer. As a fellow Texan I am also frustrated with how slow the state is moving towards MMJ. The great thing about CO. is it's legal there. I hope it all works out. Check out this link. Marijuana in Colorado

As of Dec 10 2012 You are allowed to grow 6 plants half veg half bud without a med card in Colorado. In 2014 they will have retail stores where you can purchase just like alcohol, including edibles etc. up to an ounce, legally transport it etc. You can even share with others an ounce at a time. All this so long as they are 21 and over. Keep in mind however that transporting a gun even though this is an open carry state if you have marijuana on you, according to ATF Fed law requires a bust. I think that is true even if you have a mmj card. Technically, you are not allowed to purchase a gun if you smoke marijuana, its on the form when you buy one. So, keep your gun at home when bringing goodies to friends.

I usually carry a gun at all times when traveling because you just never know who you might run into if you are broken down. The Gun law says you can carry a gun if the ammo and gun is separated in two different compartments of the vehicle. But as I said if you have a legal amount of marijuana on you and the gun, you can be busted regardless. It depends on the police officer too of course. But why take the risk. ATFs little loophole on your liberty so, be careful. I just learned this so I will keep the gun at home and risk being shot, stabbed, or beat up if I breakdown.

:peace:X

Back
Top Bottom