Obtaining a medical card in Colorado?

scoonie

Hello every one! I hope I'm asking this in the right place but I'm aiming this towards the Colorado fok. I am planning on moving to Colorado in July of 2017 and I'm in the hopes of getting a medical card. I wanted to know if my conditions would qualify me for one. I've done some research but can't find the answer I'm looking for I'm a 23yr old vet I suffer from chronic depression anxiety and ptsd. I have been on a number of anti depressants and have seen a physiatrist for over 6 months while I was in the Army I also have all the paperwork saying what I took from the Army doctor. Now I've read that the mental illness alone isn't enough to qualify witch is gross in my opinion but I also have a nagging foot injury that I received in the military with all the medical documents for that and a knee injury I've gotten recently that I'll be seeing a civilian doctor for soon. Some sites say that you basically have to be a cancer patient or something of the sort to get a card. But I do have proof of everything I stated from my military medical records. Sorry for the rant and thanks in advance!

Sent from my XT1585 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Also I know it can depend on the clinic you see if you get one or not. If any one know a place that could help me out. I'm moving to Colorado springs but I'm willing to drive to Denver of needed.

I'm not familiar with the differences there between Rec and Med (each place has their own rules it seems or so far anyway). But as Rec is legal there, so is there a reason/advantage to having a Med Card? Here in Oregon only advantage to Med is you can legally grow 2 more plants (6 instead of 4) and can buy at a Dispensary and not pay the Sin Tax, but there is a yearly cost to have a Med Card (here is it $200-300 range a year) and all the freaking hoops you have to jump thru and the waiting period in order to get your card is not even worth it IMHO (that and I'd rather be on the least amount of "Govt. Lists" as possible but that just me, and I don't admit to smoking it to my regular Doctor as I don't want it on my medical record and they can refuse to give you pain pills as you are an "addict" (many Docs that against it won't give you pain pills if they know you use)).

Thanks for the reply! I was under the impression that thoes with med cards have more variety and access to tree, edibles and oils. I also thought you could only grow in Colorado if you have a med card. I wasn't sure if the old stereotype " doc my back hurts can I get a card" still works, I know the docs that specialize in giving medical cards would be better to see instead of a normal doc. Just wasn't sure if it's as lax as some say it is. My situation is a bit more serious than a hurt back but I'm also not on my death bed. I would also like to work in the cannibas field, witch I also thought you needed a med card to do. I was in CO about a year ago buying recreationally and it was a 100 a quarter. May have changed now but that's more than anybody wants to pay on a regular basis.

Yeah I'm not sure on specifics far as the rules go, if it is like Oregon they change it every other freaking week....I would think they would have a website that explains the rules for Med and Rec and the differences (least they do here), someone posted here awhile back that it had got a lot cheaper there even for Rec, as supply and demand and apparently the supply is bigger now (no idea where I saw it now as a few weeks back).

Back
Top Bottom