Colorado Medical Marijuana Cooperative or Care-giver information requests

mmjmike

Hi guys,

Doctors have already reviewed my records and signed off on my condition qualifying for a permit. I have an appointment this week whereat they will evaluate and file out permit paper work. Hope to get my permit sometime in early April.

I live north of Denver, near Longmont, and was wondering if anyone has any information about the cost of care-giver services or coops in the area. Fort Collins, Denver Area, or even Boulder area information would be great. Typical price information would be great too? Just from reading some forum posts on a couple of sites it sounds as if some strains at coops can cost more what you pay when buying on the black market. Is this true and if so, why? If any of you know of a reasonably priced caregiver or coop, I would appreciate any information. Thanks.

mmjmike
:bongrip:

I think they are priced like this because of supply and demand. Besides the quality is high, you can go get your meds there without having to worry about being arrested..

But, I agree, prices are too high overall, but won't get much better until there are people running them that don't care to make 300k a year helping people. I think most have good intentions starting out, but after the money comes in they forget what they were all about.

They're priced like that because the co-op owners are greedy people. Quality is all high, but that doesn't mean that your 500 dollar a month light bill and 500 a month water bill to grow a co-op full of plants equals charging even 300 an oz. Its greed.

I'm sayin 300 an ounce is still ridiculous.... 700 is even more out there. I would never pay that, and I really am convinced that if my co-op ever decided to put that out on their shelves then I'll promptly leave and never return.

Thanks guys. I hear what you are saying. But at least in Colorado, there is far less risk selling mmj then selling mj in general. For example, in Colorado, once I get my permit, not that I would ever do this, but legally, I could buy from a street dealer right in front of a state or local police officer, and he could not bust me, so long as I bought no more than 2oz. While the street dealer could get busted for this, I could not. In contrast, if I make someone my legal caregiver in my state paper work, which you do when you join a coop in Colorado, I could buy right in front of the police and they could not do shit to either of us, so long as we are within the legal limits. So, it seems to me that, unless you are growing 100 plants and attracting the feds, it is a lot less risky to sell mmj in CO than to sell mj in general. The pricing should somewhat reflect this.

Even when I have bought mj at street prices I have never paid more than 400 per oz. I am talking nothing but indoor hydro dank of any number of strains. Before moving to CO I knew a bunch of people who had a growing operation and a variety of locations. One of my buddies who was a part of it would sell sick dank to me for 225 and I am sure he was still making a nice profit. While I have had people try to sell mj for up to 480 oz, when I have tried it from friends who paid that price, honestly, it was not that much better, if at all, than 400 oz mj. Furthermore, in my experience, when you buy an oz you can usually shave at least 20-40 dollars off the 400 dollar price. While I think it would be reasonable, I am not saying a coop should sell at 225, but I think we can all agree anything near to street level pricing, much less 700 per oz, is ridiculous, considering the allocation of risk, at least in CO. I mean unless the 700 oz mj is grown in a pure co2 environment, and you want to try an 1/8 or 1/4 as a novelty, paying that price is just ridiculous.

mmjmike

Hey MMJ, why not just grow your own or if you are not able then make someone you can trust your caregiver and have them grow..:grinjoint: Heck a little bit of money and lots of love and attention, and three months later you have meds.... :clap:

Thanks Irie. It would be kind of hard, but not impossible for me to grow. I may do so in the future though. I think I could save a lot. The only thing is you need to be constantly around to watch and care for the plants. What if you leave town for a couple weeks?

I was happy to recently find a caregiver with Humboldt train wreck dank, which from my research is one of the best strains out there. I tried a sample and it about knocked me on my ass after one hit. While the price is a little more than I would like to pay, it is less than street prices. So considering it is one of the best buds available, I think it will work out well. Has any one tired this strain? Any thoughts?

mmjmike

I have a good caregiver he charges around $300 per oz and allways has a very diverse range of quality products. He's primary caretaker only and will help you fill out paperwork to switch over you can reach him at All American Caregivers.

HEY GUYS, a dispensary is opening up in BOULDER soon. My caregiver, and his partner will be opening it up probably within th next month or so. The location has been confirmed, 28th stret and Aurora, this is where those hotels are and a deli.It's not like in the open but a little hidden, small but will be nice. He will have a waiting room with a VAP and tv, so he is working his balls off to make it happen. His ounces go for 325 usually for organic meds of all varieties, but can reach upwards to 400 for some. His blueberry is outstanding and apparantly ZIGGY MARLEY likes it as well.

Hey MMJ Mike,

I spose what comes next is prefrence, I would stay away from Colorado springs despencery.

NRAD in North Denver isn't bad, but there prices definitly are not as good as finding a good private caregiver that is in this for the medical cause.

If you went with a private caregiver like myself you would need to wait in between harvests. Right now I am 3 weeks out and will have some beautiful Sour Diesel. For my partner and I, we like to help, so we will gift an ounce a mounth for any patient, and often help out finding whatever is needed if we are in between harvests, but, we are not just business people but patients.

Sounds bloody silly, but truthfully, we have the most painful condition known to man...(apparently, I liked that as I got tough points..lol) Anyway, we do this to see the look in people's eyes when they get more relief then chemistry can provide. Or synthetics what a joke

Fortunately, we have our whole rotation down to 45 days, so should have new supplies regularly. Hope that answers what you need.

If you would rather a despencery, Tim Tipton at NRAD, is definitly the easiest to deal with.

oh, and duh, if you do choose to go to NRAD, you can find Tim (the owner) on Compassionate Coalition, Colorado Chapter.

One more bloody thing, about genetics, thought I forgot something.

You just have to ask where you are getting your clones, if you get clones from a flowering plant...which, yes some butthead did to me...then, you are out money and time.

Rarely are clones gifted if they are any good to tell you the truth.

Make sure that you ask if clone is sativa or indica, as indica's yield much more and are more narcotic, while sativa's are lighter, headier hi's

Important, mmj researcher

hello there,

I am working on accumulating mass amounts of data with regards to the physical benefits of each individual disease.

If anyone has reviews on certain strains and how it affects there personal condition, please contact me with, your illness, the strain, and how it made you feel.

Thanks

Not to spread viscious rumors or anything, but, ACCORDING to everyone on the THC clinic forums, there is a thread called caregivers, here they list TIMOTHY TIPTON as a nasty, fraud , someone you would not want to deal with, this was posted many many times and people were not happy with what this guy did to them. Apparantly scamming patients outa money and ripping them off. again, i was part of the THC forum in Colorado, and had discussions with disgrunteld patients about "fraudulent caregivers in colorado" and TIMOTHY's name came up quite frequently.

Back
Top Bottom