OldMedMan

Jimmy Max Parker 11/2/41 - 02/19/17
OldMedMan's first grow Couchlock 2009

I'll be growing:

Aurora Idica, Indica / Sativa Indica dominant feminized Nirvana seedbank

BlackJack Indica / Sativa Indica dominant feminized Nirvana seedbank

Germinated 4 days ago

Indoor

Soil FF Ocean Forest with 20% more pearlite and FF Big Bloom and FF Tiger Bloom, B1

Will end up in 6" pots maybe 8"

Light:

All CFLs
6 26Watt cfls 1750K each
2 42watt cdls 2700K each
1 65watt FLUOREX CFL 6500k 8900 LUMENS

All air cooled

No Watering yet

I started this journal because of all of you here at 420 and you're wonderful vibe and encouragement to become an active participant in something I also believe in with all my heart. Legalize. :peace:

In fact you’re all to blame for this grow attempt.lol Reading all the information and learning how others have done it, made me think “Hey” I can do that too. But what really did it for me was how all of you sound like football coaches before the big game. Big time encouragement one and all. I know that with your help I’ll get through this with some success, if not I will just start again. In another time and place. :rollit:

I tend to get a bit wordy, please bare with me. I am not joking when I say that you folks fired me up. Visions of big buds. Nasty females. No more hunt and search for smoke.:Rasta:

This building process has been a kick in the butt. I use mmj for quite a few reasons. I do not have great mobility or stamina, but what the hell. Immediately, I tripped on a drop cloth and fell on an unopened gallon of paint. 3 cracked ribs. Didn’t really hurt until the next morning. Now you know why I have the saying below on my posts.

I’ve been in Hawaii too long. I have a big room I play in with eight big windows across the back, cool trade winds blow in and it’s quite comfortable. My big surprise came the day I got my Thermometer/Humidity gage in the mail. I turn on the lights in the little cab and it was 96 degrees with 67% humidity. Yee Cats! What the hell? Then I thought about it and realized I was just acclimatized to Hawaii. Duh! If you’ve never been here, people walk around with sweaters on all year round. You really get used to the weather.

Lets call this a temporary lapse of memory or being to stoned. In short I didn’t think this completely through in my haste. Time for a change in plans.

I started this as a project that would be as cheap as I could make it and be successful.
That too has been a challenge. Some things I just couldn’t be cheap about and expect to have success.

OK by now all of you realize I like Indica dominant mmj. I go for couchlock highs. I actually really love to sit in a stupor and watch the space/time continuum change. Put on some music like “See that red house over yonder, that’s where my baby used to stay “ with mad guitar riffs. Contented.

I really did not think this through enough. I live in a 1952 Hawaiian house and it has been upgraded more than once, but basically it’s old. My play room is built with concrete blocks, hence no vents through the wall, in or out. Ok, I have windows to suck in air and push the hot air out. I camouflaged the window screen and it’s cool from the outside. Many of the old houses here are damn near built on top of each other. You can hear most of what’s being said all around you. I am a legal mmj smoker, however I don’t want to advertise and end up getting robbed of my grow.

I have a 24000 BTU air conditioner which I haven’t used in years. I try t o keep my electric bill below $300. When I run the air my bill easily goes over $500. It’s a 120v and it sucks the juice up. However, I want my smoke so the air conditioner is on. At this very moment it is on and my Cab is sitting right next to it. Maybe a foot away. My fans move in and out 90 CFM. They are Cooler Master 120mm pc fans

I have a 6” intake and exhaust tubes for the fans. Get this, the intake is maybe one foot below the AC’s output and it is still 90 degrees in the cab. Tomorrow I think I will attach the input tube to the AC’s output. The input fan blows right on the girls and it might freeze them. Lol. Another thing I have learned is all the outlets in the room are on the on the same circuit breaker, so if I turn on both my computers the circuit breaker turns the whole thing off. The whole flipping room goes black. Great Huh? Would love that to happen some time when I am not here.

Obviously I really don’t see how this will work and I guess that’s OK. I have learned allot and have gotten plenty of exercise. Be sure to think things through before you start. I am posting this journal as an example of what not to do. Who knows? Maybe one of you gurus will think of something. All comments and help welcome.:ganjamon:
I’ll post some pictures for you of my Cab and my young ladies.:surf:

first_grow_002.jpg

first_grow_003.jpg

OldMedMan, you are so right speaking of the encouragement everyone has for eachother. I hope your setup works out great, and plan to keep an eye out for your posts and updates, good luck!

Good luck Sir...we all have our challenges in this endeavor and it seems you have more than your fair share. The plants are tough though and you might be surprised with the results!!
+reps

Thanks Southern Weed I thank you for watching this grow. I feel better already.:bong:
Thanks CHC2 There actually may be more to see. They live! Glad your here. :welcome:
Hello Pool Shark Thanks for the encouragement. You are right these plants are suprising and incredible. Thanks for being there,:yummy:
Thanks The Weed you are so right about living here. It's so nice here you forget all the bad things.:surf:

The girls are still alive :smokin:
I have the air running all the time. I am freezing in here! lol In desparte times,
I do desperate things.. Sometimes logic has nothing to do with getting your plants to stay alive. The ac also reduces humidity to very low levels so I opened two of my big windows and let the good ole Hawaii humidity in. It worked. The girls are really healthy. I did lose the shaky one, I didn't think it would make it. The three that are left are a very nice green.
I'll post some pictures later today.

Here is the situation now. AC running at 76 degrees. Lights are on 24/0.
Cab door is open and temp in the cab is 84 with 50% hunidty.
Who knows how this turns out. I am Happy:Rasta:

I winced when I read about your broken ribs. Damn those hurt and take a long time to recover from.

You got a lot of peeps rootin' for you here, me included;).

I like your cab and setup, and it looks like you're off to a great start!

Good for you bro:goodjob:

+rep

Hey Thanks SS (wow that makes me think of Germany maybe Sun is better)lol
and thanks for the +rep. I'm very happy your lookin in on me. I need the help.

I've got 3 girls that are healthy and one that's trying to lose it's shell and it's on too tight to remove it. You would not believe the things I've done to keep these girls healthy. The Cab is open and lights on 24/0. Got refective stuff all over the place. I'll get a picture up tonight of it. You old time growers will lol.

After this much trouble:yummy: I don't intend to lose them.lol When it's time to 12/12 I'll figure something out or one of the good people here might have an idea. Main thing is just keepin them healthy.

The ribs do hurt, but everything else does too, so I'll just keep tok'n along.
:peace:

Hey Thanks SS (wow that makes me think of Germany maybe Sun is better)lol

Yeah, Sun is a much better abbreviation. If you don't mind, I think I'll adopt it :thanks:

I've got 3 girls that are healthy and one that's trying to lose it's shell and it's on too tight to remove it. You would not believe the things I've done to keep these girls healthy.

Oh yes I would;).

The Cab is open and lights on 24/0. Got refective stuff all over the place. I'll get a picture up tonight of it. You old time growers will lol.

I'm more of a re-tread than an old-time grower, but I started growing in a funky little tool cab that still serves me well today, so I wouldn't lol ;).

The ribs do hurt, but everything else does too, so I'll just keep tok'n along.
:peace:

Here's to you bro, may your grow provide you with some good meds!

Sun

Looking great, I like the cab! You might want to think about removing that cover you might get a tad bit more light penetration IMO. Keep up the good work! :welcome:

good luck brother....Ill be watching

Thanks PitViper :surf:
I was hoping you would drop by. You thee man as far as growers go. I've read and am watching you present grow. insane.lol

Your avatar still scares the shit out me:ganjamon:

Looking great, I like the cab! You might want to think about removing that cover you might get a tad bit more light penetration IMO. Keep up the good work! :welcome:

Hi DeadTour09 glad you dropped in. :grinjoint:
Your humble opion is valuable to me!
Daytime it's uncovered.
Night time too much light, "What's all the light over there?":ganjamon:
Love your grows.

Hi All :peace:
I was stoned when I germed my seeds and put two seeds in the same pot and now they are both growing. Will this end in disaster? Or can they grow this way. I seriosly doubt I could seperate them. Any thoughts or comments?

Back
Top Bottom