Strawberry Cough and Cheese Outdoor Grow

420Chic

Hello this is 420Chic, I also have an outdoor grow going on.

I have to Cheese plants that I bought as clones. Then there is the Strawberry Cough, that girl and I have some history together. Soooooooooo.......

So I started her and 4 other seeds all fem strawberry cough. Very first grow,
ever! I really did not know what I was doing so I broke the tap root on one when I was putting it in the rock wool. I also did not know to soak the rockwook to help bring the PH. Not a fan of it really.

I did get 3 strong ladies and then hell broke loose. I tossed 2 from root rot and saved one. You ask where is the other one. It sprouted with no leaves at all just a stem so obviously I tossed her too.

I added 3 clones, strawberry diesel I was so happy. They had powdery mildew damn it. I kept an eye on the strawberry cough and found maggots in the rockwool so I had to pull her. I decided at this point that I would rip away the rockwook and put her outside in a planter I had already started with an ice plant and a spider plant.

Who would of thunk it, but she started growing strong. This was May 11th and she is doing so damn good.

I eventually took her and her mates from the smaller pot and put them in a 15 gallon with ocean blend and hydroton.

IMG00039-20100721-1821.jpg
all 3 ladies
IMG00040-20100721-1822.jpg
Cheese 1
IMG00041-20100721-1822.jpg
Cheese 2
IMG00042-20100721-1822.jpg
Strawberry cough
IMG00043-20100721-1822.jpg
Strawberry Cough with her mates:cheer:

I am using the 3 part flora products i will start the floranectar soon. I use SM-90, bob's brew watermax and neem oil (einstein cold pressed, stinks). They look so pretty.

All is well with all 3 ladies, I sprayed them with Neem Oil and SM-90 for preventive and to fight the remainder of the pests, spider mites, aphids and thrips. I do have powdery mildew on some peach trees in the back yard so I will continue to use the neem oil and sm-90 through out the grow unless otherwise suggested by a wise outdoor soil grower suggest different.

I am open to all the comments and thoughts. No pics today maybe in a couple of days to see how they are doing. I will water them tomorrow they are at 4 on the moisture meter, not sure how much I trust it, but I will water then.

Ph remains around 7 should I bring it down to 6.5 or lower. I have Ag Ocean Blend I(local here) in the Strawberry Cough and Fox Farm blend in the Cheese.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

thats whats up! i need some neem oil too. i had one with mold i cut back on the water and that so cal heat seem to help too im sure it will pop out again i grew this strain last year and it had a mold problem "g13 haze" but looks like u got everything under control. put like a can or bottle next to the plants when u take pics so we can see growth differnce from last pics. thats what i try to do.

good luck

LakersKush, I only spray the neem oil on the plants with SM-90 as the wetting agent. sounds like wherever you are growing has an issue with the mold and you may when not in season find an product to treat the rest of the surrounding area.

i have 3 White Peach Trees and they all have it so I have to be vigilant with my babies. I will treat they trees, but they are in full production right now, so I have to wait. I do spray them with the excess neem oil mixture because you have to toss it when you are done or use the remainder immediately.

Einstein Cold Pressed Neem Oil. Has to be cold pressed to be effective and gentle to the ladies. Good luck on the mold. Make sure to stop using it 2 weeks before harvest.

I love these ladies, so they are drinking more water and they are growing insanely fast, still on their neem oil spray with SM-90. I gave them a watering with nutes on the 21st I believe and then a ph 6.5 balance water with sm-90 on the 24th.

Question: Can regular flies in the yard (poop flies) cause damage to cannabis plants?

Here are the latest and greatest pics of my girls:
72610strwbrycgh1.jpg
72610_strwbrcgh.jpg
072610strwbryncheese1.jpg
072610strwbryncheese.jpg

Comments welcomed.

Every time I look at one of these wonderful outdoor grows I just get so gosh darned jealous . I wish I had the space to move ladies out under that big ol' bulb in the sky.

Keep up the good work, they look wonderful.

I love these ladies, so they are drinking more water and they are growing insanely fast, still on their neem oil spray with SM-90. I gave them a watering with nutes on the 21st I believe and then a ph 6.5 balance water with sm-90 on the 24th.

Question: Can regular flies in the yard (poop flies) cause damage to cannabis plants?

Here are the latest and greatest pics of my girls:
72610strwbrycgh1.jpg
72610_strwbrcgh.jpg
072610strwbryncheese1.jpg
072610strwbryncheese.jpg

Comments welcomed.

Ha...no, poop (house) flies shouldn't hurt your plants. It's the aphids and thrips you need to watch out for. Also grasshoppers and snails/slugs are bitches too.

You have some great looking plants! Strawberry cough is an awesome strain. Only smoked it, not grown it. GL on the grow...I hope you have some great results!!

:peace::smokin::peace::smokin::peace:

Ha...no, poop (house) flies shouldn't hurt your plants. It's the aphids and thrips you need to watch out for. Also grasshoppers and snails/slugs are bitches too.

You have some great looking plants! Strawberry cough is an awesome strain. Only smoked it, not grown it. GL on the grow...I hope you have some great results!!

:peace::smokin::peace::smokin::peace:

I was just wondering because the flires sure like to kick it on my plants. Anywho, thanks for the update, I can't wait for strawberry I ordered her seeds and only got her out of the process. I have 4 more fem seeds so I was thinking of saving those for the next summer grow. She seems to like it outdoors.

Okay so I checked on all three of the ladies. Gave them water with nutes cause they looked hungry. What I noticed is they are starting to pre-flower (2 pistels through out the each plant).

Is it time for them to start flowering? If so will they continue to grow in height and stature or will they stay around the size they are?

If it really is time when do I start the bloom nutes, for the last 2 feedings of nutes I added in the sweetner (floranectar).

I will post pics tomorrow.

Okay so I checked on all three of the ladies. Gave them water with nutes cause they looked hungry. What I noticed is they are starting to pre-flower (2 pistels through out the each plant).

Is it time for them to start flowering? If so will they continue to grow in height and stature or will they stay around the size they are?

If it really is time when do I start the bloom nutes, for the last 2 feedings of nutes I added in the sweetner (floranectar).

I will post pics tomorrow.

They could be starting flower. Hard to tell without the pics. If not, the pre-flowers are just an indication of the plants reaching maturity. Either way, they will keep growing. Plants will usually double in size during their flowering phase.
Hope that helps.

:peace:;)

Yes it helps, thanks so much. I have been watching them closely and yes they are flowering, so I suppose I should at this point transition the nutes to bloom. I have been adding floranectar for about 2 weeks now.

Staying the neem oil with sm-90 them bugs is trying to get busy, bastards.

All seems to be well, I have pics just need to upload. Feeling lazy:bong:

Back
Top Bottom