Thawk's 2010 LED Soil White Widow / Medijuana Grow

Thawk

Hey guys I am somewhat of a newbie and this is my first grow, vie been panning it for a while and finally after getting all my lights, seeds, and grow closet ready I have got it started. So here are the basics and what has happened so far

Soil- started with miracle-gro before I found a hydro store and since switched to dr.earths organic potting soil, starting in biodegradable starter pots.
Seeds - roughly 20 white widow seeds, already had 14 pop and have planted them, started 5 experimental seeds and 3 medijuana seeds germinating yesterday.

Grow room - I am growing in an oddly shaped closet with 9 ft ceilings and is roughly 25sq ft on the floor, I know its a small space for this many plants but I'm hopeful. Both the floor and walls are cover with reflective insulation, and right now I only have one fan, will add another, but the temperature stays around 78-80 with the humidity lower than I want, around 37. Will increase with a humidifier soon.

Lighting - as of now I have two grow ufos from sunshine systems, and three glow panel 45's with the glow panels on the side as more of supplemental lighting. I also I'll add bloom led bulbs during the flowering stage and if needed will add cfl's to veg. The lights are also running on 18/6 time and the led ufo that is over the dome is about a foot from the plants right now.

I have nutes that I just bought that were recommended highly as well as using compost tea to water occassionally and will start using root development nutrients next watering.

Now here is where I will inform you of what I've already messed up on, first I was using an awful container to sprout which caused them to dry out and then I would have to water more so I'm fairly sure that I will lose about half of the white widows due to too much shock. I'm also afraid that some have been overwatered and will not sprout, but its only been about 4 or 5 days so they are still not dead for sure yet. So far I have had two sprout one has yet to shed its seed casing and the other had the beginning of its leaves fried and now is rejuvenating, but looks like it is doing ok.

Now I have a proper humidity dome with proper soil and nutrients, and I am also starting to develop patience, and finally got time to start this thread so hopefully you guys will be happy to help. I I'll be adding photos tonight and will update the thread every other day if possible, with photos once to twice a week depending on grow. So thanks for reading guys and I hope this goes well!

Re: Thawk's 2010 led soil white widow/ medijuana grow

Ok guys I have got my camera and charged it up so I should have some photos up later tonight, but I am having some problems, none of my seeds are sprouting. I have a humidity dome on a heating pad with a UFO and two cfls above it for when they come out, it is nice and moist, warm, and all the seeds were germinated and planted with the node faced up, it has been close to 5 days now and still nothing, the only sprout I've had was when I was keeping them in a shoebox in my trunk. It makes no sense to me, help!

Re: Thawk's 2010 led soil white widow/ medijuana grow

Ok well vie still got no routs but I'm gonna keep waiting on them, haven't given up on them yet, but have a sprout and three plants growing now, anyways I was thinking of using a defender air filtration unite in my closet, thoughts? And if anyone has advice on germing/ getting sprouts lemme know, thanks.

Ps. Still can't find camera cord so will post phone pics until I can

Alright guys I got everything workes out and Now I have some pictures to go along with it, but now I am having some problems. Of the three plants that were given to me, two of them are haing their bottom leaves turn yellow and begin to die, I think it was a nuted deficiency so I switched from an NPK of 1-0-6 to a 6-4-4 with Fox Farm Grow Big. ANy other ideas let me know. Thanks.
IMG00045-20101008-1912.jpg
IMG00044-20101008-1912.jpg
IMG00043-20101008-1912.jpg
IMG00042-20101008-1911.jpg
IMG00041-20101008-1911.jpg
IMG00039-20101008-1911.jpg
IMG00038-20101008-1911.jpg
IMG00037-20101008-1910.jpg
IMG00036-20101008-1910.jpg

Alright guys, not sure if anyone is following the grow but I'm gonna keep updating it anyways. I have been continuing to use fox farm grow big, added some h2o2 solution, and a little epsom salt and the sativa that previously looked like it was about to kick the bucket was very lush and green this morning, actually shocked me a little bit. I took a pic, will edit in this post later. The indica in the back is still not looking that great, and it smells so nice it'd really be upsetting if it didn't make it but I'm gonna give it a few more days to turn around and if it's still looking bad I'm just going to top it, clone the top, and hope that the new forming tops will do it well. Hopefully it won't have to come to that.

Another issue though is I noticed what looked to be nute burn on the tips of maybe 3 of the little sprouts, and one has twisted and is looking completely down now, I'm worried that the rooting nute I gave them was too much and unnecessary. I also think I have been overwatering them some as well, I think I'm subconsciously trying to kill them haha. But most of them are still looking good though it's been almost a week since sprout for all of them and only a couple have both new pairs of real leaves, thinking they are running a little slow. Any comments or ideas would be very helpful, thanks guys.

Setup looks good so I'll chime in and hopefully be of help. I also am growing in soil and used grow big for my entire veg stage. Honestly, my fox farm ocean forest soil had enough nutes in for the first 20 days. I knew this because I kept a close eye on the cotyledons and they were still pumping out nutrients to my girls up to that point. Once they dried up and fell off I knew it was time to implement grow big. I always used 5mL per gallon. That is half strength. I would use my half strength grow big once a week, but watered twice a week. The second watering was plain pH'd water. I always pH to 6.3-6.7 because I believe this is where soil pH should be for marijuana. With this conservative approach I never had any deficiency's or nute burning.

My one girl that had a problem, living her life in a 16oz cup, was given 5mL per gallon h2o2 solution. This oxygenated the roots and cleaned up anything bad. Once she was put on 1/2 strength grow big again she bounced back, just like your sativa did. All in all, keep a close eye on pH, don't over do the ff grow big doses, don't water too often, and mostly importantly don't over think it. Some people barely pay attention to their girls at seedling stage because the less you do the better in most cases.

Hope I provided some insight and you can get these girls back to lush green health. Let the plants tell you what they want. Think of them like little babies. You wouldn't force feed a baby tons of adult food, nor should you over feed seedlings.

~Peace~

Thanks MJ that's actually quite helpful, I have a feeling I am just over babying them due to the fact that its my first grow but I'm gonna try to back off and just watch a little bit. I'm going to get a digital ph pen today and I'm contemplating getting a small bottle of super thrive in hopes of having it help the indic a next time it needs water, thoughts?

Sounds like a plan. I have not used superthrive myself, but it looks like it could get the nutrient transport/root uptake going which should help with deficiencies. Just follow the directions and you should be golden. pH pen will be very useful and I think it will be a toy that you use a lot! Just let that soil dry out inbetween waterings and you should be golden

-MJ

Rootin for ya. I know I over babied my first grow to the point where it harmed the plants and I hear it's a common misstake. Hope you get them sorted and you probarbly will, it's a very resilient plant. I'll be followin this thread, growing the same strain(ww) under similar conditions myself so I bet it will be interesting.

Update! Pictures will be coming later today, but the plants are back :slide: the sativa has grown 3 inches in less than 2 days and the new growth is a beautiful dark green, I may have to top this one soon as well if the others don't catch up or it doesn't slow down. The indica no longer looks like it is going to die, the new growth is very healthy and the older leaves aren't crumbly anymore, and they are actually getting greener, losing their yellow. The topped girl is still growing very nicely and is a little behind the other two but is looking like a winner. I spent 80 bucks on a high quality ph pen yesterday so I could check the ph when I water today. I have elongated my watering to be every other day for sprouts, and every 3 for the big pots, which is better for them. So everything looking good, except one of the sprouts died, I figured it would, and another is small and yellow and I feel like it isn't going to make it. I'm going to germinate 6 or more new seeds, 2 white widow, one medijuana, 3 happy outdoor, and maybe some bagseed... I'm hopeful for that medijuana because I haven't had a single one of those sprout yet, but I wanna be sure I have enough light for those, I can't decide if I should add a 240 watt led panel in addition to what I have. My girlfriend believes that would be overkill, but I can't decide. Help? Also I have a humidifier I can set up to increase the humidity which is hovering around 30' should I do this or is it ok to leave it as is?

Alright guys here are some new pics, first the topped one
IMG00056-20101015-0924.jpg
IMG00057-20101015-0924.jpg
IMG00058-20101015-0924.jpg
And the Sativa thats growing so well
IMG00059-20101015-0924.jpg
IMG00060-20101015-0925.jpg
IMG00061-20101015-0925.jpg
IMG00062-20101015-0925.jpg
And the indica may be a sativa?
IMG00063-20101015-0925.jpg
IMG00064-20101015-0925.jpg
IMG00065-20101015-0926.jpg

And here are the seedlings, they are about a week old and I feel like they are stunted for some reason... any ideas?
IMG00066-20101015-0926.jpg
IMG00067-20101015-0926.jpg
IMG00068-20101015-0926.jpg
IMG00070-20101015-0927.jpg
IMG00073-20101015-0928.jpg

Mr.Thawk..

Looks like your getting the hang of things.. Ph is a HUGE deal,, and may be part of the problems your having.. The Seedlings look like they could use some SuperThrive,, or very low Dose of Nutrients in my personal opinion.. ..

Hope this helps a little.. ..

Much Love and Respect to you and yours my Friend.. ..

Yea I'm starting to get the understanding of things, I have been ping my water and it is a little high... ANy good ways to make my ph more acidic without harming the plants or having to buy more stuff? Also I was gonna go grab some super thrive today, do u think that grow big would be too strong for them at this age? And am I the only one that had had a very nice healthy looking green sproutling with 4 leaf sets at only an inch tall?

Yea I'm starting to get the understanding of things, I have been ping my water and it is a little high... ANy good ways to make my ph more acidic without harming the plants or having to buy more stuff? Also I was gonna go grab some super thrive today, do u think that grow big would be too strong for them at this age? And am I the only one that had had a very nice healthy looking green sproutling with 4 leaf sets at only an inch tall?

Mr.Thawk..

There are actually things like Lemon Juice and others to help with Ph Issues,, although I strictly use Advanced Nutrients "Ph UP" and "Ph DOWN".. ..

"SuperThrive" is a GREAT Additive,, especially for Seedlings.. Im not sure about "Grow Big" though,, as I only use "Advanced Nutrients".. I have heard that "Grow Big" is a decent Product,, so I would think that a VERY small Dose should be OK.. Just be very careful,, you dont want to over-do it.. ..

As for the inch tall Seedling,, lol,, sounds like whatever you did to her worked well.. But your not the only one,, lol.. Most of us have strong Seedlings at some point or another,, once we get the hang of things.. ..

Much Love and Respect to you and yours my Friend.. ..

Thanks reddawg, your info is very helpful and I appreciate it greatly, but no I was more concerned about that seedling, you can see it in the pic second from last? It mis nearly 2 weeks old, looks very healthy, just really small...

Thanks reddawg, your info is very helpful and I appreciate it greatly, but no I was more concerned about that seedling, you can see it in the pic second from last? It mis nearly 2 weeks old, looks very healthy, just really small...

Mr.Thawk..

Ahh,. I see now,, my appologies.. ..

I would venture to say that its maybe simply a Runt.. ?? As long as it stays Healthy,, I wouldnt really worry about it too much (Unless you need the space).. If it is a Runt,, its very possible that it could still "Kick In".. And even if not,, it could still end up Producing OK.. ..

Ok I'll keep that in mind but I think I figured out the problem, when I phed my water the other day I mustve looked at it wrong cuz I Checked it just now and it was close to 8! Way too high, so I diluted it using a couple drops of vinegar, I was told that works fine, and dropped it to about 6.5... So hopefully that will turn these sprouts right around, and the new ones are starting to come in, I put two medijuana sprouts into pots today, it looks like I'm going to have around a total of 20 plants, I hope they all take a turn in the right direction :)

Ok I'll keep that in mind but I think I figured out the problem, when I phed my water the other day I mustve looked at it wrong cuz I Checked it just now and it was close to 8! Way too high, so I diluted it using a couple drops of vinegar, I was told that works fine, and dropped it to about 6.5... So hopefully that will turn these sprouts right around, and the new ones are starting to come in, I put two medijuana sprouts into pots today, it looks like I'm going to have around a total of 20 plants, I hope they all take a turn in the right direction :)

Mr.Thawk..

The Ph of the Nutrient Water can change from Day to Day.. So its one of those things to keep an Eye on for sure.. .. And thats a LOT of Ladyz my Friend,, hope you have a BIG Area and a LOT of Light.. !! lol

Well I'm thinking that about half will be male, but I have a 25 sq ft area roughly, and right now I only have the cfl's and LEDs you see in the pic but during floweri I am going to add a 240 watt flowering LED and switch all the cfl's to big flowering ones totaling 48000 lumens with cfl's alone... Hoping for a good yield :)

Well I'm thinking that about half will be male, but I have a 25 sq ft area roughly, and right now I only have the cfl's and LEDs you see in the pic but during floweri I am going to add a 240 watt flowering LED and switch all the cfl's to big flowering ones totaling 48000 lumens with cfl's alone... Hoping for a good yield :)

Mr.Thawk..

Ahh,, kewl.. ..

Seems like every time I TRY'd to end up with half Males (Un-Fem'd Seeds),, Id end up with ALL Females.. And when I TRY'd to end up with all Females,, I end up with a few Males.. LOL.. So I stick with Fem'd Seeds now.. lol .. ..

Ive also learned for me,, its better to have a few Ladyz and too much Light,, than too many Ladyz and not enough Light.. Just my personal Opinion though.. ..

:)

Back
Top Bottom