Blue Mystic Autos + LEDs + Bubbles

endive

Welcome,

Please feel free to pull up a monitor & keyboard and buckle up for another frolicking adventure, sure to be filled with hijinks and shenanigans! Well no, not really. But it could.

Questions, comments, thoughts, ideas all welcomed! (Intellectual debate even)

The specs

• Environment: Indoor Closet Grow, Tent (3' x 2' x 5' ) w/ 190cfm fan + carbon filter, Rh: 57%, High: 73ºF, Low: 64º
  • Aero/DWC/Bubbles: 6 gallon reservoir, pH 5.7-6.2, Avg res temp 71ºF
  • Nutrients: Stealth Hydro included (Bloom, Micro & Bloom) used at 50% on res change, 50% added throughout as needed.
  • 2oz. Hydrogen peroxide, added daily
  • Solution replacement intervals: 7-10 days
  • Pests: None so far (seen anyway).
  • Lighting: 18/6 light period.
    Day 1 - 9: CFLs (6 - 23W, 6500k abd 2 - 23W 2700k),
    Day 10: Switched to HH's Pro-Grow LEDs (230W total)
    Day 21: Added in the new HH PG 180W (270W total)
  • The Strain Chosen: (5 feminized seeds) Nirvana's Blue Mystic Auto
    Seeds ordered end of August and received Beginning of September (2010) Stored 2 months on site.
    Seeded Oct 31, 5 out of 5 sprouted between Nov 2nd and 3rd.

From the supplier:
    Indica/Sativa: Predominantly Sativa
    Plant height: Short
    Effect: Stoned (body buzz, relaxing effect)
    Flavor: Fruity / herbal
    Average yield: 200 - 300 (g/m² in

Grow Date at the start of this journal: Day 20 from seed

DSC02871_group2.jpg

Day 1
2010-11-03_08-01-24_21.jpg

Day 6
2010-11-09_06-47-27_958-6days.jpg

Res Change Day 7

Day 8
2010-11-11_08-07-55_121_LwL.jpg

Day 9-10 Last day of fluorescents
2010-11-12_06-30-42_622_group.jpg

Day 11-12 Note the huge growth boom after switching to the Pro-Grow LEDs
2010-11-15_07-56-23_236_group.jpg

Day 16
2010-11-19_07-35-31_727_18thHand.jpg

Day 19
2010-11-22_06-14-16_641-grp.jpg

Day 20 (today)
DSC02871_group2.jpg

Hi KuShOnDecK!

Thus far the traits of the Blue Mystic Autos had been amazing. From the subtle hints of purples & blue berry tones, to the very fat, Indica like leaf structure that thin out to a more sativa like leaf on the branches. I can only imaging the non-auto strain to be even more beautiful.

Just two hurdles to get past,
1 - Will they auto flower?
2 - Will they be female?

While they "should" to both questions above, until they "do" it's all theory.

Having fun so far! :)

Alright this grow is friggen awesome,the setup is nice and clean,"man I want to get a tent sometime!" And the strain u choose is the one I was going to order,it just sounded so perfect but just had a baby so dont have much spare cash so I have to u bagseed for now...I will be following this one for sure,and great job so far endive!
Hey,how much was the tent? And would u recomend the model u got,do u think its realy worth the price?

Alright this grow is friggen awesome,the setup is nice and clean,"man I want to get a tent sometime!" And the strain u choose is the one I was going to order,it just sounded so perfect but just had a baby so dont have much spare cash so I have to u bagseed for now...I will be following this one for sure,and great job so far endive!
Hey,how much was the tent? And would u recomend the model u got,do u think its realy worth the price?

Thank you my friend! I learned so much from the first grow. This time around, things look better, function smoother, easier to access things & maintain. Improved lighting (a new 180w LED from hydroponicshut) should help as well.

I hear you on the cash flow, I got lucky and got the seeds on sale when Nirvana (re)released them after some breeder issues.

I'll PM ya my tent info and such when I get back home.

Updates!

Well update really... The new Pro-Grow 180W LED from HH arrived yesterday, I got it set up and took some comparison shots to their previous model the PG 140.

The Pro-Grow 140w (left), and HydroponicsHut's new Pro-Grow 180w (right)
DSC02887_140-180side.jpg

The blue/white spectrum is definitely cranked up on the new model.
DSC02886_140-180_top.jpg

DSC02892_140v180.jpg

I'm impressed, there are definitely more improvements than just higher wattage diodes. I believe the lens angle is the same (90º), but light output is more intense.

The pics below are from about 30-38cm down from the edge of the lamps.

DSC02894_lum-180.jpg

DSC02895_lum-140.jpg

I wish I could keep em' both in the tent, but the Pro-Grow 140w has a different destiny. I'll add the 90w CREE LED (from Hydroponicshut also, but an older "UFO" model) back in.

Added in 1 gallon pH'd water to restore the reservoir to 6 gallons total. Nutes are good.

Nice light,thing looks awesome!

"I wish I could keep em' both in the tent, but the Pro-Grow 140w has a different destiny"
can u explain this??,Im confused..lol...sorry Im new:p

Hahaha! Sorry, just meant I can't afford to keep em' both. ;-)

Can't wait for bud shots! Are you gonna drop the temp on them so the buds turn that wonderful blue color like the picture nirvana has posted on their site of this plant?

Your grow is looking great bro! those LEDs really do the trick it seems. Just wondering but how much does something like that cost?

Can't wait for bud shots! Are you gonna drop the temp on them so the buds turn that wonderful blue color like the picture nirvana has posted on their site of this plant?

Hahahaha!!!! I like the way you think!

I've been pondering feasible ways of dropping the night temps (but without freezing us out of the room). If the early coloring characteristics seen so far are any indication, these babies may throw color anyhow. But it all remains to be seen.

Your grow is looking great bro! those LEDs really do the trick it seems. Just wondering but how much does something like that cost?

Hi tnoldon!

Thanks for the kind words!

I had really good timing when it came to researching LEDs. Several people here at the 420 forums and a few other forums had already compiled info during many grows using LEDs from a multitude of vendors.

After that it came down to looking at the lights that produced good results, then paring that down to ones I could afford. I am VERY happy with the lights & vendor.

As specs & prices vary and change frequently, rather than post info here, that may become outdated, I'd be glad to pm you (and/or anyone interested) any specifics for research purposes. Just let me know!

Back
Top Bottom