Young Shepard Cross Breed in Deep Water Culture

This will be my first solo attempt that a Deep Water Culture setup.

Strain: Young Shepard

Strain History: Cross breed of Bubba Kush and an unknown Sativa dominant strain.

Current Age: 1 week

Stage: Early Vegetation

Current Equipment in use:
80 Watt dual lamp Florescent Light; Black 5 gal bucket with built in Net pot, Rockwool cube (original clone propagation medium); Hydroton; Million air T300 double air stones.

Vegetation Nutrients:
Dutch Master Veg bottles A and B; SensiZyme:439

Very Excited to be growing my own personal second round of Young Shepard. Currently my room mate and I are enjoying amazing results from the Young Shepard we are pioneering together in our deep water culture currently located in my Grow Space. Once "Sanda" the DWC Shepard we have under my 400 Watt gets chopped this little girl who I am calling "shapey" will take Sandra's place. The overall goal of Shapey will be to improve upon what we did with Sandra which was absolutely nothing besides keeping her happy with nutrients plenty of light and of coarse our famous "DIY" C02 system. In hopes of Harvesting more than the previous plant I will be experimenting with topping and the "sacred" Pinch and Bend technique For more abundant and better spaced Colas. Hence the name Shapey as she will be shaped into a beutiful full canopy of nuggets, that is if she's anything like her mother. On that note I will be dueling out a regiment of 3 total tops, one bud site will be trimmed off the first time (already completed aprox 5 days ago) 2 bud sites will be snipped off once the roots hit the water (im hoping in the next 3 days as i've halted top feeding in hopes of stimulating root foraging) and finaly, one week before I flip the switch to 12 and 12 and force flower her I will snip 3 buds. Every snips creates 2 in the place of the one, so if everything goes to plan I should have a Sandra to the 3rd power aka "Sandra Cubed". Though at this point its all speculation.
Enjoy Pics!
PACIFIC-GROWN OUT! :roorrip::rollit:

downsized_0125111520.jpg

Early Rooting-Hopefully they'll hit water in aprox 3 days and she'll really boost out!

downsized_0125111519.jpg

Top View

0125111517.jpg

Side View

Thanks man I apreciate it, do you have anything in the works? Oh and if you wanna check out Shapey's Mother go to this link: Young Shepard Cross Breed in Deep Water Culture me and my room mate "Heks" are working on her togheter. we both havn't grown in awhile so we decided to co op our first plant

any advice u can give me would be great too. What to u think about adding a pump for top feeding? Bubble ponics is what the call it but some of my friends think its overkill

High PG, yeah I have a grow going on right now...check out my journal at the bottom of my signature. I'm really not experienced in hydroponics, I grow in soil. Sorry can't give advice about something I've never done. :peace:

Oh I screwed up when trying to add the link for Shapeys mother plant "Sandra" the Thread is by my friend HEks.

Bubba Kush DWC on the Fly

Shapey's got big shoes to fill, but im excited to see what happens. Remember we didn't touch sandra besides regular pruning and getting rid of 80% of lower pop corn nuggets that dont get sun n are usualy worth jack shit. Though hydro is proving to plump even those lower crappy nugs into nicely sized half gram looking nuggets :)) She's gotn' alil bigger and roots are allllmoosttt in the water. Once they hit water i'll add more pix.

Week 2 Deep Water Culture

week 2 DWC

This will be my second official progress report on My young shepard hybrid plant in a deep water culture set up with two air stones.

Since my last update i've changed the water once and upon changing her water I upped her Nutrient take to full strength. Though I did not mention it in my last update, I was giving her nutrients at half strength. Last week I added 25ml of Dutch Master Gold Range Nutriant Part "A" and 25ml from the part "B" bottle for a total of 50ml which was then mixed into 3 gallons of 7.5 PH water. After adding Dutch master the "soup" dropped to a desired 5.8-6.0 PH.
Though after changing her water for the second time two days ago on the morning of the 27th I gave her full strength nut's so this time 50ml from part A and 50ml from part B of the dutch master gold for a total of 100ml of solution added. The reverse osmosis water I retained for this second batch had a PH of just over 7.5 and to my satisfaction adding double the amount of dutch master dropped me to the much desired PH level of a perfect 5.6. Dont get me wrong I dont mind adding PH up or down solution, but it can be a hassle at times and its nice to have a nutrient that works perfectly with the 3 gallons water level I plan to maintain throughout the grow.

With that, this past Monday I decided it was time that I purchased some new equipment, besides a Hanna PPM meter I also purchased an active eye 60/100 microscope that will eventually be needed to determine harvest time for my upcoming harvest of "sandra" this clones behemoth of a mother. But of the things I purchased the most exciting thing is the new 400 watt electronic ballast that is on the way that will be immediately be replacing the shitty florescent you see in the pics growing her right now-a light that was originally purchased for propogational use only though has shown its worthiness at times. Im very excited to see in increase in speed in results.

Along with new equipment I have also made the resolve to move her to a more comfortable grow closet and outfitted it with Mylar, soon i'll add a "Do It Yourself-Water-sugar-yeist c02 generator" probably when the light shows up. Along with that resolve I have decided to keep a more scientific log on the girl and write in my own paper back journal her PH, PPM, Water temp. and a general description of the plant every single day at 3 o clock so that i may better feed her. At the moment im keeping her water PH at aprox 5.75 and her PPM around 815ppm. So far she looks great, not a single sign of burn other than getting to close to that stupid florecent that practically has to be right on top of her to get any results. :tokin: haha. Just wanted to express my graditute for this forum and all the fiendly knowlegable people who commune here everyyyy day! :cool:;):high-five::grinjoint::cheer::blunt::tokin::goodluck::hookah:

:thanks:
-P.G. SIGNING OUT

:thanks: :lot-o-toke::morenutes::yummy:

-312.jpg

starting to look nice and big in only 2 weeks! Topping job is doing its job! :cheer:

-125.jpg

:tokin: Excited about the growth but not about the hydroton residue you can see

-311.jpg

Her new Veg Room for the time being :cheer: :cheer: Plz ignore the plant next to it-experiment gone wrong. :smokin:

Forgot to add

Oh Here are some pics from 3 days ago with the pics in my post before this being of today and the most recent.
-410.jpg

-124.jpg

Alittle more than halfway through the first official month of Veg and my little girl is looking good. I am happy with the progress especially how she's turned out after getting topped kinda early, this may pay off after all. :blunt: As well I may have mentioned it in passing but i've been keeping a written log of her as well-each day checking PH, PPM, Resi-temp, and on fridays I include height as well, not to mention a breif daily description of events / how she's doing. Instead of going back and trying to post all the Data from past days i'll just start with today and hopefully continue updating daily. I might as well now that im on here more than Facebook now. Probably way better 4 my brain 2. :yummy: Anyways here's today's Data and description, along with some pics to help u see where she is at as well. hope you enjoy! Oh and keep an eye on this Data as i'll be showing graphs and cool stuff like that to represent her intake during veg and soon flower! The Data may prove to be very useful when I grow this strain a third fourth fifth......As long as she produces good heavy smoke i'll keep growing Young Shepard Most Likely :smokin:

Febuary 5th, 2011
Saturday
2:15pm
TEMP: N/A
PPM: 1041
PH: 5.54
(PH and PPM is an average taken from 3 tests off each meter 4 better accuracy)
Description: After keeping grow closet doors closed all night (on a cold night) I noticed this morning when I opened them that the resivour h2o was luke warm, definitely not cold. A bit less than room temp i'd say. After leaving door open with fan on her temps went down to more normal levels. Tonight i'll be keeping the doors crack so hot air can escape but she wont freeze neither. I do not want anything growing on my roots thats 4 sure! Otherwise everything is great and the new 400 watt comes Monday! :party: HURRAY! :tokin:

8243.jpg

Roots are getting LARG! Aprox 2 1/2 ft long i'd say

-313.jpg

Bush Master!

-218.jpg

she gets bigger everyday :high-five:

-126.jpg

Lots of Tops from topping :adore::adore::adore::morenutes:

PG OUT
:Namaste:

I am able to raise the light but it puts out absolutely no heat whatsoever, and while using a piece of shit T5 that barely puts out any lumens I have no worries keeping it where it is right now which is aprox an inch above the canopy. That is until my 400 watt electronic ballast shows up in the mail tomorrow! Then it'll be at the usual distance. Thx for the concern tho.

daily update

February 6th 2011
Sunday
Time: 2:35pm
H20 Temp: 72.1 deg/F
Environment Temp: 76 deg/F
Humidity: 50%
PH: 5.7
PPM: 1029ppm
Description: Everythings going fine, today I finaly purchased some things my grow was lacking a couple electronic environment thermometers and an Aquarium digital thermometer All in the name of SCIENCE! :reading420magazine: ....AND GOOD BUDS!:roorrip: on that note i've seen a 2 point rise in the Nutrient soup's PH which coinsides with an 11 point drop in parts per million. Im stoked on this Data because as she grows larger im able to identify how much she will eat at what stage so on my next grow that will be the same strain-young shepard I'll be able to judge better when it might be a good idea to experiment with more Nutrients. And find that sweet spot with her. In case anyone cares i'll be posting some dope graphs once she hits flower.

-Pacific Grown

Heya pacificGrown :nicethread:, I'm aboard, as before I did hempy, I was a DWC guy. Check out the finished grow in my sig; and if I can offer any advice, let me know!

:peace:

good looking out for a fellow grower as I do appreciate the look up! And at this moment I do have something you could help me with or anyone 4 that matter! :tokin: I've been recieving some conflicting reports on ideal resivour temps from a couple experienced friends its all explained here on this thread i just posted: Ideal DWC 5gal resivour temps
my question is explained well there. So if you got any advice regarding that please get back! Thanks again and im glad to be making more friends here!
:goodluck:
PG

Back
Top Bottom