DocBud - New Room - Super Soil - Etc

Well, the old room is shut down, repainted, patched and vacated.

The new place is part done.....got a couple 4x8 tents up and a 2x4 used for seedlings. We'll be framing two 12x14 rooms, fitting them with ducting and window mount AC's....all the climate controls, etc. When those are done, the new grow will start in earnest.

I have a cement mixer that allowed me to mix up 6 bags of Subcool's Super soil in about an hour. Worth every penny! This will be an all organic grow! I want to kick it up a notch and improve on my past efforts even more. Quality meds open doors!

I do have some pics to share!

The curing room is 10x12. It maintains a perfect temp all by itself....about 66 degrees 24/7. We'll hook up a dehumidifier, heater and large carbon filter for odor control.

There are four wires at a 45 degree angle, with clips strung on them. Easy to hang stuff, and move it around, all at eye level.

Also, will have a nice couch and glassware for quality testing and control.

Here is where the buds will hang:

IMG_16125.JPG

IMG_16135.JPG

IMG_161411.JPG

And here are the first plants that will hang:
These are Jack Herer, planted in FFOF right out of the bag...OC+ for nutes, with a bit of snowstorm, sucanat and a couple of compost tea watering. They're doing pretty well. About 2 weeks to go.

IMG_16037.JPG

IMG_16043.JPG

IMG_16075.JPG

IMG_16167.JPG

IMG_16177.JPG

IMG_16156.JPG

cropped7.JPG

And finally, some babies:

5 Willie Nelson and 10 Space Jill. We'll getting a mother plant of the Willie. Also, through a really nice connection, I've got some elite Emerald Triangle genetics to play with....Original Purple Kush crossed with original Purple Haze, Purple Urkle and Pakistani Kush crossed with Purple Urkle.

IMG_16105.JPG

IMG_16116.JPG

That's all for now. I'll post more when the time comes!

Re: DocBud....New Room, Super Soil, etc.

:popcorn: Doc, Room looks great for drying! I can just picture all the hanging plants..... inhale...inhale...:) Plants and babies look very healthy!

Logged in for this one, doc!! Great setup, and great genetics, looking forward to the paki cross, thats gonna be some dank bro!!

Subscribed! I can already tell this journal will be a good one :D

Wow! Thanks everyone....

Things will move slowly at first on this journal....there's lots of work to do. But once everything is built out and functioning, it should be pretty cool.

Like always, I'll be concentrating on the environment. I'll have the ability---once framing is done----to tweak every aspect of the weather in 1 degree, 1 point increments. The purple stuff will get purple, the tropical stuff will get tropical, day and night temps can be adjusted to alter stretching.....will make it cool and dry to increase resin....all the good stuff.

But what has me excited is the curing room! We'll be able to do the same thing in there.....slow cure, continuous maintenence of RH....buds could literally hang and cure, no need for a jar.

I'll use jars of course, to make room for new buds, but I'm really going for the ultimate cure. I'm sure I'll learn a lot!

This might be interesting, and I'd love to have some input:

I was reading about tobacco curing and read about a method that starts the cure at 120 degrees 85% humidity until the leaves brown, then they go for temps similar to what we use. I'm intrigued by that!

What do you all think?

great strains love the urkle crosses they are becomeing a populat plant to cross it seems... i have a 4th gen cross with Skunk #1
keep it up bro

Terrific, Doc! Subb'ed for the duration, once again, bro! I am switching over from oc+ to general organics. going to be keeping to a strict schedule only adding snow storm ultra, maybe some molasses, sucanat or agave nectar.
05233.jpg
I have a couple of plants that I had started in oc+, but got hooked on bioweed and diamond nectar and decided to switch to the full line with their version of the "recipe for success", 8 bottles in a box and enough to do around 6 to 8 plants a full cycle, at least. Here are a couple of pics of an afghani/granddaddy purple and a pink panther within a week or two of finishing, started final flushing yesterday - first the pink panther and then the afghani/granddaddy purple, Doc, I hope you aren't mad at me for posting these here, getting ready to start my thread here soon, just as soon as I fix my light. Later!
06613.jpg

Along for the show here Doc.

Doc, What makes you decide on a particular strain? And change from one grow to the next if I may ask?

Also, I know you have grown hempy and soil. Have you ever done more intense hydro like a bubbler or aqua farm? Since we are only going to grow 2 plants next time, I was thinking of trying one or both.

Just returned from a vacation. No smoke for a week.
Rolled up a combo from the last grow of some Vanilla Kush and Kandy Kush and I am toasted.

Along for the show here Doc.

Doc, What makes you decide on a particular strain? And change from one grow to the next if I may ask?

Also, I know you have grown hempy and soil. Have you ever done more intense hydro like a bubbler or aqua farm? Since we are only going to grow 2 plants next time, I was thinking of trying one or both.

Just returned from a vacation. No smoke for a week.
Rolled up a combo from the last grow of some Vanilla Kush and Kandy Kush and I am toasted.

Hey HH, thanks for stopping by.

Strain selection:

The biggest influence is the market. What do patients want/need? First and foremost I grow strains with medicinal value.

Next influence, the market. Of the medical strains, which ones do patients like?

Final influence on which strains to grow.....the market. Which strains will create a niche and set me apart from other growers?

So, everyone around here likes OG Kush, Green Crack, GDP (or anything purple, SLH and Blue Dream. Those are the most popular.

So, I've grown OG recently, have SLH coming up soon, and will have something purple every time I grow.

But no one has Willie Nelson around here....very few have Jack Herer, especially the cut I have....and no one has Columbian Gold, which we have in the greenhouse. Those are my "niche" strains. The Jack H is so damn good everyone wants it.....but I'm one of two people that have it. The Willie should be better than the Jack.....and that should do well.

Basically, I'm looking for strains that disappear as soon as their cured. it doesn't always work out that way, but I've had a couple home runs....notably the Jack. That's already spoken for and it hasn't been harvested.

So, the market chooses my strains. ;)

RE Hydro.....I promise to have a surprise on this thread regarding hydro....just check in now and then.

I plan on keeping Mom's in a giant hempy bucket----that's not the surprise.

I really don't like hydro weed....I can taste the difference. But I must admit the obvious....growth is faster, yield is higher and I think potency might be too, if it's grown well. I just don't like the taste and smell as much as dirt....but stay tuned.

great break down on how grow ops select strains to grow for the clubs!

Hey Doc...Heard a lot of great things about you and your grows so I'm excited to see one in progress... Very nice setup with your drying rooms and tents!! I am only on my 1st grow right now but so far very pleased with what I am doing... Even though I may not be able to help out much, I am excited to watch and learn!!! Awesome grow, Im in!!

hi Doc, I love your grows, always so much great information for newbies like me :)

I didn't see it anywhere so forgive me if I missed it, but how old are the seedlings in your first set of pics? thanks

They are about 1 week above ground, on 12.12 right from the start.

Hey Doc...Heard a lot of great things about you and your grows so I'm excited to see one in progress... Very nice setup with your drying rooms and tents!! I am only on my 1st grow right now but so far very pleased with what I am doing... Even though I may not be able to help out much, I am excited to watch and learn!!! Awesome grow, Im in!!

Thanks bro! I always learn a lot on each grow too. This will be my first run with Subcool's Super Soil.

Back
Top Bottom