Twelve12's Breeding Program

I'm just going to jump right into this and start my own breeding program. I want to be a human bee for Cannabis. I'm new at this and will be asking questions on the topic, and if any experienced breeder have suggestions I'm more than happy to listen. I'm reading up on a lot and will continue to do so until I get this down.

This is also part of my small perpetual grow, but will only document all the breeding details on this thread to keep things clean. I'm sure this part of the grow will flood what I have going. Have not decide how the growing environment will be for the new seeds, I may do a sub-test to see which method grow best for a strain and continue the process for higher yield. There will be a lot of note taking, annalist, and you guys know I got the photos covered. It'll be a fun ride for sure.

Primary Goal: To have fun.
Secondary Goal: To stabilize desirable traits; aroma, taste, resin production, structure, flowering time, flower density, mold/hight temp resistant, high effects, etc...

Introducing the available strains in my collection. All currently in the veg. Some females in bloom.

Regular: [For potential males]
Serious - AK47
Joint Doctor - Purple Ryder (auto)
Next Generation - Grapefruit Diesel
Next Generation - Grapegod
TH Seeds - Heavy Duty Fruity
White Label - Afghan Kush
Nirvana - Super Skunk
Seedsman - Ata Tundra
Seedsman - Top Skunk 44
Mr Nice - Early Queen

Femnized: [Mother]
Dinafem - Cheese
Medical - 1024
Medical - Hammerhead
G13 Labs - Pineapple Express
Barney's Farm - Vanilla Kush
Barney's Farm - Pineapple Chunk
Green House - White Widow
Green House - Super Lemon Haze

This list will get update as we go along. Each month I tend to add/remove strains. Once the new seeds are produced the list gets longer. To identify the new offspring I humbly give them names and will not use a name that's already taken.

Here are the current crosses taking place:

Male x Female = Seed
Grapefruit Diesel x Pineapple Express = Firestorm
Grapefruit Diesel x Hammerhead = Seaweed
Grapefruit Diesel x Super Lemon Haze = Jungle Shake
Grapefruit Diesel x Pineapple Chunk = Rewind
Grapefruit Diesel x Cheese = Tropical Cow
Grapefruit Diesel x Vanilla Kush = Downtown Rumble
Grapefruit Diesel x Red Dragon = Torque
Grapefruit Diesel x Tangerine Dream = Grapefruit Dream

Will you join me on this journey? Not sure what I got myself into, nevertheless let's do this!

That sounds great. you have got a lot of good genetics to work with.
Hows the smoke on the 1024 and was it an easy grow?

Hi 12 good luck on your quest i have also been reading alot about breeding new strains and realise that it is alot harder then just polinating a female to get the exact traits that you desire...

I quote :

Inbreeding establishes a pure breed. A pure breed has consistent chromosomes. That is, the genetic makeup of offspring is relatively uniform. This true or pure breed is necessary so common growth characteristics may be established. If the plants are not a pure breed, it will be impossible to predict the outcome of the hybrid plant. After the 4th to 6th generation of inbreeding, negative characteristics, like low potency, legginess and lack of vigor tend to dominate. Inbreeding is necessary to establish a true breed.

The typical way to begin a breeding program is to carefully select P1 parents of pure Sativa and pure Indica marijuana seeds strains, crossing them to produce an f1 hybrid that is uniform in its phenotypic growth patterns. The next step is the crossing of the f1 type with itself, which produces a very wide variation witnessed in the f2 growth patterns and expressions.

All of your strains have been cross breed several times to get them traits and come from orig a p1 Like hindu kush or afgani.

I am not an expert or i havent done this before but i have been reading for the last year about how breeding is done and from what i have read the only way to get a strain to be proud of is a carfull selection of strains that need to be inbreed several generations.

Like i said im not expert!! Maybe someone else with more knowledge can comment on this ?? ??

Good luck ill be watching!!!!

That sounds great. you have got a lot of good genetics to work with.
Hows the smoke on the 1024 and was it an easy grow?

Thanks. 1024 has not finish flowering yet. Still in her 2nd week of bloom. Going to post the smoke report once it's all harvested and cured.

Hi [size=+1]GodSpeed[/size]. Yes, inbreeding will help establish uniformity. The gene pool from P1 in F1-F3 is still vital. Backcrossing can also increase the percentage in offspring with desire traits from progeny.

There are two roads I'm heading down. One is to cross hybrid male with hybrid female to get super hybrid offspring and keep it as clone only. This will have a lot of variable to phenotype and genotype. Like growing out 10 different strains and select which I want to keep and the only way to have the strain going is to take cuttings. There is no seeds that has the same genetic. Unless I learn how to stabilize a hybrid from hybrid P1.

While the other path is to breed true using one or both parents that are 100%. The only 100% strain I have in my collection is the Afghan Kush as you've mentioned. When I bought the seeds was not thinking about breeding true until recently. So will work with what I have and get more 100% strain to play with. Either way, hoping to create something special.

Awsome crosses man can't wait to see how they turn out. Let me know if you need some help growing them out.

Thanks Acideye420! Can't wait either. The first F1 will be ready in 1 week. Cross between Grapefruit Diesel x Pineapple Express, then followed by the rest (mentioned from previous posting) a few weeks after. Thanks for your help I do need it. I'm open to suggestions, knowledge, and positive vibes.

Do you practice breeding in your grow room?

I've posted the My Cataloguing System by DJ Short on breeding in my blog. If anyone interested in breeding and wants to know more check out the article, tons of info. I'm Re-reading it until the complexity of it all is understood, heh.

Since it's against the rules here to post links to other forums I'll just copy and paste the info to my blog and credit the author instead. And throw up the link here to the blog. This will make discussion on the topic go smoothly.

Yeah I do. My last order of seeds were bunk so I'm sprouting all of my bag seeds bout 100 in all and I'm doing a breeding run. Going to be doing the sultan method with 12 oz cups and about 24 in 5 gal pots for weight.

I feel ya not having seeds coming through. Had one experience with the Skunk #1 it didn't sprout. Hope your bag seeds turns out. Also got some mystery seeds in coco to see if they sprout, they're kinda old, a few years old so hope they work. Going to cross them for the "mysterious" traits. Would be fun not knowing where the other half of the gene comes from. heh

I feel ya not having seeds coming through. Had one experience with the Skunk #1 it didn't sprout. Hope your bag seeds turns out. Also got some mystery seeds in coco to see if they sprout, they're kinda old, a few years old so hope they work. Going to cross them for the "mysterious" traits. Would be fun not knowing where the other half of the gene comes from. heh

you lookin to create a monster? he he he

Subbed. :)
Can't wait to see how this unfolds. You've got some great strains to pull from. I've got some HDFxCheese seeds I popped a couple months ago, saving one or two as mothers and gonna flower the rest in a few weeks. Looks like it's gonna be a big yielder. Will let ya know how they turn out as it looks like it is one of your potential future crosses.

you lookin to create a monster? he he he

Hey GreneLeaf! Yes, indeed! Hope to get some unique recessive gene coming through, like dark purple leafs with white powdery trichomes and yellow buds. Creep like high. One hit 8hrs later waking up with the lighter still in the hand. heh

Subbed. :)
Can't wait to see how this unfolds. You've got some great strains to pull from. I've got some HDFxCheese seeds I popped a couple months ago, saving one or two as mothers and gonna flower the rest in a few weeks. Looks like it's gonna be a big yielder. Will let ya know how they turn out as it looks like it is one of your potential future crosses.

Hey Snub Knows! Thanks for the heads up. How is the aroma is it fruity cheese? heh. Would love to see some photos if you have them. Hope to get something similar, with the P1 not being 100% there will be a lot of variations.

How is the aroma is it fruity cheese? heh. Would love to see some photos if you have them. Hope to get something similar, with the P1 not being 100% there will be a lot of variations.

Not much goin on just yet as far as smell goes. I'm sure that will change once they go in the flowering room. I've been taking pictures, but it will be a couple weeks before I can post em. I'll try to get em uploaded asap, though. Had my laptop stolen a couple months ago, gettin a new one later this month. Will post pics then. :thumb:

Not much goin on just yet as far as smell goes. I'm sure that will change once they go in the flowering room. I've been taking pictures, but it will be a couple weeks before I can post em. I'll try to get em uploaded asap, though. Had my laptop stolen a couple months ago, gettin a new one later this month. Will post pics then. :thumb:

Not a problem, we'll wait for the pics! Sorry to hear about your laptop stolen. Karma will get them! My plan for HDFxCheese (if the HDF is a male) is get something unique from F2 (F1xF1). Then grow out 9 plants in a tent to select a strong male from the bunch. To increase my change I have to grow out like a 100 plants or so to get 10 that are good candidate for backcrossing. Since I don't have the space, growing 9 plants will do with half with (4) DWC and (5) coco coir grow. Hope to get at lease 1 strong male from the bunch. I still have the Cheese clone, so the original mother is still preserved. Limited space forces the mother to flower once they get big, and the clone be become mothers. Stabilizing it before cross again with other F2 crosses from the list. It will take about a year or so to stabilize the hybrid clone, then on with more fun.

Are you continuing crossing them or just growing out the F1 seeds?

We haven't decided yet. We popped 20 seeds, 17 made it. We got 11 females, which we're gonna save the best 2 out of and flower the rest this upcoming cycle with some sour diesel. We already destroyed the 6 hdfxc males, but we've got plenty of other genetics to pull from if we decide we wanna do some breeding. But we don't really have the patience to do it right, lol.

We haven't decided yet. We popped 20 seeds, 17 made it. We got 11 females, which we're gonna save the best 2 out of and flower the rest this upcoming cycle with some sour diesel. We already destroyed the 6 hdfxc males, but we've got plenty of other genetics to pull from if we decide we wanna do some breeding. But we don't really have the patience to do it right, lol.

Awesome, with the 11 females you're sure to get some winners. Yes, I did some reading and breeding will take a long time. Then again, stop growing hasn't occur to me ever. Even in my last breathe I'll probably try mixing nutrients for the plants, lol. To the end. When in the future you're ready to take on the fun it will be worth while.

Looks interesting Twelve! :)

I'm in! :thumb:

Hey GG7! Thanks for tuning in. It's just getting started.

Back
Top Bottom