JBC Pineapple Chunk - Tangerine Dream - Barneys Farm

Hi Friends of :420: Decided to do a grow journal for these two beautiful strains, Tangerine Dream and Pineapple chunk both strains are feminised seeds from Barney's Farm.
Didn't know too much about the strains before I germinated as someone gave me the seeds. I've done a bit of reading on them both and found the pineapple chunk seems to be an amazing strain, both to grow and the finished product. The Tangerine dream on the other hand has quite bad reviews with the actual grow but the bud is chronic apparently, both strains supposedly being capable of producing 25% THC, But we'l see, as we all know suppliers lie to make them look good, standard.

So I started the grow a surprising 3 week ago, which is really long seen as there still tiny due to a stunted bad start.
I started them in canna coco professional plus, which I used for my last grow with great results. But the last ones i seeded in soil then transplanted to coco. This time I started in coco and had a really bad start.

They are currently growing under a 250w 2700k Cfl Blue spec, with reflector. I put them into coco after they germinated in water and they hated it!! I couldn't seem to sort them out, thought they may need a feed seen as they was showing N deff, so gave them 1ml of canna coco a+b to 2litre of water, after 2 days they just got worse. So I thought seen as coco has 2 week food anyway i'd over fed them, so I gave them a good flush which after another 3 days just got worse.

I got a ph tester thinking the ph was out, after taking a soil sample i got a 6.5 reading so I added some vinegar to the water to lower the ph of the coco. And not suprisingly they just got a lot worse, an now they still only seedlings feeling serious stress now.

The picture you see here was when i decided to transplant to new coco just to see if i could help them out a bit, that obviously didnt help. I came to the conclusion they may have a cal/mag deff, but didnt have the tools to sort that, so decided to put them again into another medium, one i could control myself.
100_36201.JPG
100_3616.JPG

So now they not in the big pots you see, they was just for new coco, they are in small pots like they should in John innes soil(PH 6.5), mixed with 30% coco for drainage and dolomite lime for PH balance and a natural supply of cal/mag. I will add some vermiculite when i re pot but not too much seen as the soil has coco also. I dont currently have a pic of them in their new home but will have by tomorrow. They have now pulled through in my soil mix loving the lime.

Hope a few of you stay posted through out to help with my babies and will appreciate any help or input i recieve.:thanks::420::Namaste:

Re: JBC Pineapple Chunk+Tangerine Dream(Barneys Farm)

The pictures ther dont show the real extent of the damaged caused will me not handling the coco correctly, they big one is the pineapple and as you can see it started yellowing and showing brown spots which got a lot worse.

All fine now though and they growing again amazing, will post new pics tomorrow.

OK here are them both in soil now. 60%soil 40%coco and some dolomite lime for pH balance and cal/mag. Both seem to be loving the change from coco to my soil mix. They look bad at the bottom right now but that was a lot worse last week before the change.
100_36921.JPG
100_3691.JPG

Fed them 2ml of bio bizz grow 3 days ago, the soil is drying a bit today but im going to wait until tomorrow night to give them some water.
The tangerine dream has its leaves curling a bit on the edges, this was the one closest to the ballast of the big 250cfl, so iv'e moved it down a couple of inch.
Will be getting a fan in there in the next week to get some air circulating.

Hey whats up JBC everything seems to be going well. The early yellowing is always a pretty stressful part of the grow. I was wondering if you could take some pics of your full setup. I would like to see what you are working with.

I will tag along for your grow and I will give input if and when I can. :thumb:

:goodluck: with this grow, can't wait to see how things are gonna go.

the last photos look healthy. in coco your ph should be 5.8 max!! yellow leaves are usually due to too much water but you might need nitrogen. they might be nute locked cause of 6.5 the last photos look good but they look hungry for nutes. most micro from three part basees has cal and mag i dont think you need to add it.

Thanks theoneguy and bubba kush,
Yeah i'll take a pic of the setup next time I have chance, probably tomorrow. I know the pH is lower in coco, I just couldn't control it like last time so I changed to soil. All the damage is when it was in coco but all fine now. I dont have cal/mag I meant that the dolomite lime mixed in the soil will give it a natural cal/mag supply as well as keeping the pH of the soil in rage as my ph tester pretty crap, need to up grade.
Thanks for stopping by all the help I recieve will be much appreciated, thanks again, peace.

Also all the knowledge ill be using will be from the information and help ive got from 420magazine in the last few months, so hopefully these will walk all over any of my previous grows. :thanks:

Ok here the small setup,

For now while they still small I have a 250w Cfl 6700k blue spec for vegging. I also have 2 more 250w cfl's but they are red spec for flowering at 2700k. I will be putting 2 of them in the room as well as the blue when I re pot to bigger pots, so I have 2 hoods 3 lights 2 red and 1 blue for veg and flower.
100_36982.JPG
100_36972.JPG

Still NEED a fan before I re pot which I will get soon as I can. A little confusion before on what medium I was using. I started in coco messed up couldn't control it, couldn't figure why, tried everything. But I was confident with my soil mix to change to them to sort them out. They have been healthy since the change. The yellowing is from previous damaged which has not got worse, just better.

So I'm rocking at the min by the looks of thing thanks to :420: an all the info I acquire here. I fed them plain water today as the new tip had tiny burns so I backed off.
Should be good to watch these 2. For now I'm going to sit back relax and watch them do their thing. :popcorn: Peace

I'm gonna grow Tangerine Dream soon-ish. I was gonna use regular soil mixed with some sand and leca clay balls in the bottom for drainage but maybie I should try your soil. How much dolomite did you add?

Anyway I'll keep a close watch on your journal. Good luck!

Hi Inkdotm, cheers man. use vermiculite its much better than sand. Yeah I reckon the lime a good idea in soil its working great for me. You use 1/3 of a cup per gallon pot and mix it all together. I got like 20-30% coco, about 60% john innes(6.5pH) and the mix of dolomite, I will be adding vermiculite when I change pots.

Apparently Tangerine dream a bit of a messy strain. I didnt know until I got it, heard a lot of people had it grow messed up or never bud. It won the cannabis cup because barneys turned up at the comp an give out a shit load of free weed an got everyone high. what i heard anyway.

Thanks for stopping by bro.

Gonna follow along if'n you don't mind. I've got some pineapple chunk seeds that should pop through by the time I get home... so I'd like to follow this.

Good luck, grow 'em dense!

Hey ratatatooey, yeah sounds good, will be good to watch your too if your doing a journal?
You really do learn a lot off others on this site if you put some time in. Amazing. good to have everyone along, thanks, will be good to have a few helping hands.

Hi Inkdotm, cheers man. use vermiculite its much better than sand. Yeah I reckon the lime a good idea in soil its working great for me. You use 1/3 of a cup per gallon pot and mix it all together. I got like 20-30% coco, about 60% john innes(6.5pH) and the mix of dolomite, I will be adding vermiculite when I change pots.

Apparently Tangerine dream a bit of a messy strain. I didnt know until I got it, heard a lot of people had it grow messed up or never bud. It won the cannabis cup because barneys turned up at the comp an give out a shit load of free weed an got everyone high. what i heard anyway.

Thanks for stopping by bro.

I smoked Tangerine last time I visited Amsterdam, it's an A+ bud (atleast the one I got from Barneys coffeshop)!! My favourite was Amnesia Haze though, but I thought it would be too hard to grow in my closet so I got Tangerine Dream instead. Hopefully it will live up to our expectations.

Those who win the Cannabis cup are usually very good at marketing and have a bigger budgets to give samples away etc. Maybie its not every year that the best bud wins but the winner can't be bad for sure because there are alot of free samples beeing handed around I've heard.

Check out these vids. Hope we get the same success!

Tangerine Dream 400w Waterfarm grow - Day 77 Flower - YouTube

Tangerine Dream Harvest MASSIVE COLAS - YouTube

Easy Inkdot, Yeh I heard the same about the finished product of Tangerine dream, an amazing smoke and super strong 25%thc supposedly. But with G13xNevilles A5 Haze its gonna be good!! Its the actual plant I have been hearing bad things, when they ok they amazing but the majority grow crazy or hermi, heard a lot of fellow growers say on and off line. But we'l see and hope we don't get a messy one.

That second video was OK but his bud is chopped way too early, gonna get mine harder than that by the end I reckon. Fingers crossed. There a few :420: heads here to help on this, If anyone else does a journal of them two we can compare and help.

What the difference in vermiculite or perlite bubba kush? Think I must mean perlite, because perlite is amazing for drainage. I have canna coco mixed in for drainage and roots and the clay pebbles at the bottom for drainage and aeration.

Maybie I'm gonna take this a bit off topic. Hope thats ok.

About the drainage in soil. I don't know how much I need or even if I need it. I'm still on my very first grow, growing a no-name strain of maroccan bushweed in regular potting soil I got from the closest supermarket mixed with a bit of sand and leca balls in the bottom. So far so good even if the colas are a little small, maybie they'll grow bigger in the next couple of weeks but I really have no idea what I can expect.

I just need a solid soil mixture recipie for growing cannabis in general. Remember I live in north europe so I don't have access to the same brands as you guys do so if anyone can recommend a recipie in the form of general soil type + additives I would be very grateful.

Peace!

Vermiculite is pretty much opposite of perlite. It retains water and pulls excess(if I'm not mistaken) nutrients from the soil. Now it could be a good or bad thing pending if it pulls nutrients when the plant needs it or not. Perlite is for drainage.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom