QT's Second Grow - 1st Journal

QueenTokelove

I put my first grow behind me, now on to the second. So, please bear with me. I will try to be as informative as possible. I will post pics hopefully tomorrow. I did take them just having a little technical difficulty at the moment. Please feel free to leave comment or suggestions. They are appreciated.

What strain is it? Bagseed

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica and Sativas

Is it in Veg or Flower Stage? Veg

Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor

Hydro or Soil? Soil Foxfarm OF, nothing mixed with it

Size Pot 1 gallon

Size of Light 9 23w cfls

Is it aircooled? Yes, has small fan, door cracked

Temp of room 70-80

RH of room 40-50

PH of media 6.0

Any pests? None at the moment

How often are you watering? every 3 days

Type of Ferts Blue Planet Network Grow and Bloom as directed

I am growing out of a small closet, not sure of measurements to be honest. I have 4 plants that are 5 week old. There is two of them that has leaves that literally grew in twisted. Anyone have a clue as to what that may be about? I am sure there will be plenty to be said once I post the pics. I will put them in this thread tomorrow sometime.

Re: QT's Second Grow-1st journal/BPN Nutes

Ok, as promised, here are the pics....

006558.JPG

005650.JPG

I don't really know what happened to this one, picked off dead leaves and this was result
004678.JPG

And this one is weird how the leaves are twisted, any idea why?
003723.JPG

001729.JPG

And these are 11 day old sprouts...
007559.JPG

Hmmm, guess no one cares to input anything at this time...One of the reasons why I really didn't want to start a journal...I see people are looking at it but no one is saying anything.

Queen I'm here....he'll yah I think I'm first.....sweet....ok..Ok...where the first row.....ok....um row 1........um........ok....seat....oh 1 sweet....ok and .....here it is.....I made it...can't wait to see this one moving along....yay queen ....goodluck love....

Thanks Vince, glad you're interested even if no one else seems to be....

Queen my love of tokeness......your were one of my original homies on this amazing site....of course I'm here.....can't wait.....:peace:

Thanks Vince, it's appreciated...Not to go off topic but how is living in AZ? Me and my bf are planning on moving, prolly in about another year but wanted to move to a medicinal state plus a warmer state...

Anyhoo back to the grow, with this one I am less OCD about it like I was with the first one. I am still kinda tripping about the twisted leaves. Do you think I should top them yet? I don't wanna do like I did the last time and top them too late. I am hoping that I have more females this time, not complaining with only 2 out of the 6 from last grow being males. Just wondering cuz I thought I read in my Bible that if they grow kinda fast that it may be a male cuz males mature faster than the females....the one in the 5th pic seems to be growing quite nice and has straightened up. The others are holding their own too...Not sure if I should keep number 3 or not, no other leaves are growing on it yet. I have the lights 7 inches above the plants, did the hand test, not burning them at all. Just wondering when I should introduce them to nutes? I will be using BPN for this grow...So come on mentor, lay some knowledge on me...

Well you know I love AZ....I live in the east valley...Tempe..ASU area....it's great...been here for 12 yrs now...alittle culture shock for you coming from NY....but you'd like it....I moved from Boston so it was different for me too...it's HOT though...for like 6 months...than it's amazing for 6 months....it's never rainy and shitty....i love it...anywAys yes they all say that a fast growing plant in the beginning is most likely a male.....but who knows...my last 3 fastest growing plants came out girlies....it's a bad judge of character for the ladies.. "excuse me sir"?.....oh I'm sorry miss......You should be giving them nutes after the 3rd week....the foxfarm soils are hot out the gate for up to a month...depending on strains...so get nute-ing if your in week 5....

Well I hope it wasn't too early to top. I topped 2 of them. I did check their ph which was a lil acidic so I gave them a lil lemon juice/water mix. I also repotted 2 of my sprouts..I am gonna need some more room, I am running out of space...the temp is staying around 80 degrees and the rh is at 50...I watered them on Monday plus gave them the mix earlier so I will start them on nutes on Friday or Saturday. Not much else for me to do...

PS...How do you link journal to signature? Maybe that way more people will look..

Was you soil acidic or alkaline?.. If it was very acidic...like a 4.5 or less than you need some dolomite lime (garden lime)....sprinkle some on top and aliitle 1/2" into the soil...that will help......lemon juice is all acid.....and good work on the topping...youll love the growth.....word....

Well my soil was a lil acidic around 6.0 but said slightly acidic on the chart. I had written down notes on what to do that I saw on here, guess I wrote it down wrong. I thought it said lemon juice when acidic. It didn't make sense to me but I just figured I was being a noob. Now I will have to give them baking soda and water but when since I just gave them the acidic water...*rolls eyes* Guess I'll see how they respond in the next few days.

Oh they will be fine....the baking soda will work....you need to pick up some garden lime at WM or HD ....it's like 3 and a half bux girl.....I would worry.. Maybe just give them a little flush or whatnot....

Oh shit I meant I wouldn't worry....ha sorry love

Thanks Vince...I am gonna give them some baking soda in a few, kinda nervous about it because I already notice that one of the plants has started drooping. This is going to be a real interesting grow, I can tell already. And my lil closet space is already starting to feel cramped. Besides the 4, I have 7 sprouts going and plan on finally ordering some seeds in the near future. Call it my Xmas gift to myself...lol

Hey Smoke.

Thanks for dropping by. I thought the point of topping was so the plant would fill out? I didn't top til late last grow and they just kinda grew straight up. I also recall being told or maybe read that you could do it at 3 weeks. Hey, you can't skip out on me either, I remember you offering help once I started my journal...lol...

After listening to someone who said my plants didn't look to be 5 weeks, I went back to my calendar.I don't think they really look 5 wks old either. Now I am confused because during the last month I had been trying to plant a lot of seeds, marked each one on the calendar. So now I am not sure which one corresponds with this grow....(sighs)..Ugh, I feel so stupid now....I guess I had a blonde moment or something.

I did give them the baking soda to try to counteract the lemon juice I gave them by mistake. It made them a lil droopy but I think they will recover. I also gave them some nutes, hope it wasn't too much giving them both. But after reading another thread on here, I actually think I started off not giving them enough water. It seems like after I increased their water they shot up a lil, well 2 of them did if you compare the pics.... Not sure if you can see much improvement from the first ones I took.....

001733.JPG

002763.JPG

003725.JPG

004680.JPG

And this is just to show my set up. I do have a fan in the closet, ya just can't see it.
005653.JPG

I guess I am just like a proud Mama, I wanna take more pics but I just took some on 11/25. But I swear it looks like they have grown even more since then. It doesn't seem like the lemon juice harmed them any, maybe cuz I gave them the baking soda the next day. One thing I am noticing is that the humidity has been very low the past few days between 20-30 percent. What should I do about this? I read in Cervantes Bible that when humidity is low that it helps make more feminine plants? Is this true? I am wondering if I should leave it be or try to get the humidity higher. And if I have to make it higher, what should I do? I have a fan in the closet with them, I leave the closet door open most of the day. I close it about an hour before lights out. I also have a humidifier blowing all the time....Any suggestions would be helpful...Thanks.

re: QT's Second Grow - 1st Journal

I am trying my best to keep this journal from being buried since no one is really responding. I kinda feel like I am talking to myself, though I do that anyway. I have noticed significant improvement since giving them their first taste of BPN nutes. It seems like they had a major growth spurt. I didn't give them the full dose but half instead. So far it seem to be working so I don't wanna rock the boat. I measured them today as well. 2 of them are 5 inches and one is 6 inches. One of them I didn't bother to measure because it doesn't seem like it has done much of anything.

006560.JPG

005655.JPG

004683.JPG

001738.JPG

re: QT's Second Grow - 1st Journal

Hey QT, was just looking at your plants. I think now is a good time to cut all the old curling leaves off. Those will die soon, and cutting them off now will save you from mold and such. Hint: after trimming the leaves go back and check the places where you trimmed, and wiggle the remainder of the leaf stem once a day. eventually it will dry up and come off easy. This will cut down on dead parts of the plant and help keep bugs and mold away. I learned the hard way. But I still learned.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom