Third - Soil - and Fourth - Phototron - G13 Clones

J9BLACK

I will get fresh pics tomorrow.

Grow III:
FF Soil, 112 cubic foot grow tent with 600 watt MH bulb. I also have a passive carbon dioxide generator. 6" Inline filter and fan. One plant, a G13 clone.
2012-03-26_06-06-49_904.jpg

Grow IV:
Phototron PRO LED. Moss peet, extra air ventilation under the substrate. I clipped on a CFL for optics and pictures.
2012-03-26_11-07-18_444.jpg

I like the Iolite but I am warming up to the Vapir ONE. While the noise sounds like a hair dryer and managing the AC plug, hose, bag etc. can be annoying....the efficiency, efficacy, and CLEANLINESS of this vaporizer have changed my mind. Working with the disk and drive is a superior method. I have no real residue build up or clogging and I don't have to pull or smoke. Back to the hair dryer... The bathroom is the perfect place to use this device.

Re: Third (Soil) and Fourth (Phototron) G13 Clones

Naming these girls after ex-girlfriends was bad luck. So here we go...

Aphrodite in the Phototron is slow and has some nutrient burn (my fault).

IMG_002234.JPG

IMG_002128.JPG

Diana in the soil grow is just kicking arse. Watering every three to four days is JUST FINE.

IMG_002033.JPG
IMG_001936.JPG
IMG_001829.JPG

What a difference eleven days make. My THIRD (soil) grow is a [FAIL]. Diana is now a shriveled ugly thing under the natural sunlight and rain for the last 24 hours but there's no hope. So far, my biggest waste of money hasn't been the much predicted Phototron, but the more celebrated soil grow. As was the case with the THREE FATES, FOURTH APHRODITE was unimpressive for the first few weeks in the Phototron but once she got comfortable, she got ROCKING.

Before:
IMG_002128.JPG

After:
IMG_004927.JPG

IMG_004822.JPG
IMG_004721.JPG
IMG_004621.JPG
IMG_004524.JPG

The Phototron's auto-feeder *was* a waste of money...but a fraction of the wasted money (so far) on soil grows.

As you can guess, I'm thrilled at this point with my G13 mighty Aphrodite.

My Iolite (r) died. It just clicks and no longer lights. So, I went out and picked up a Vapir NO2(r). I have the ONE v5, and I started preferring it over the Iolite anyway. The first use of the NO2 was very good but we'll see how well it does over the long term. Maybe it will be my "permanent" vape, maybe not. Just in case, I've ordered new batteries for my MFLB.

I think Darth Vader must have hidden one of these NO2s under his cloak.

IMG_005028.JPG

Uh, yeah...it's a light saber.

Love watching your journals. Cant wait to see how this one ends especially since you are on your 2nd run with the phototron. What are your overall thoughts on the phototron. I'm looking at one but a friend is saying it is a waste of money. I don't have a ton of space to work with so to me it seems to be a great unit for my situation. Also how is the smell? Does it filter out the smells well or are extra steps needed to help?

I could have bought a couple of Phototrons for what i have wasted so far on soil grows. Literally and figuratively, i have a very brown thumb.

The Phototron stands like a monolith in my office, more style than substance...but successful nonetheless. I think it makes growing cannabis even more beautiful. When my bed is made and I don't give a snap what other people think...that Phototron will be in the livingroom for the whole world to see. I cannot think of a better showcase as to how I feel about this plant. I have gone from three clones to just one, to accentuate the individual plant's beauty. The CFL lamp I clipped onto the top unit was to accentuate the plants beauty. The LEDs are for grow, and the CFLS are for show--my point obviously being, don't get the Phototron if you intend to grow to donate. Get it if you want a beatiful, low maintenance, successful crib for your little girl.

I just want to add that I will be buying another, maybe in a couple of months.

I am loving the Vapir line of products more than any of the other half dozen vapes i have tried.

The fact that you are considering buying a second just sealed it for me. Honestly my biggest worry is the smell. Does it contain and filter the smell well or are extra steps needed? I do like the NO2 from vapir. Really nice unit. I want to try the Plenty by Stolz and Bickle. If it is half as effecient as my volcano I'll be impressed.

The odor is a factor. Odor control could be better, but I don't know how.

I use a room deoderizer like "rain garden" or "rain forest"...something similar.

When it gets closer to flowering, i may get one of those room ionizers. I am not sure yet.

Yeah, the smell grew worse with time but I doubt a stealth grow box or anything else indoors could do better. I would like to definitely follow along with Phototron Holdings as it finds ways to improve the product line. The Feed-a-tron was worth it when it worked, but it was primitive--as were a few other "features". There is certainly enough room for Phototron to improve. Here are my ideas:

I want BOTH bbl

I would like:

Both LED and built in CFLs.
Improved computer stability, capability and flexibility.
Stronger panels. They break too easily.
Built-in PH analysis.
Underneath air bubble system improvements
More than just a ring
Built-in air pumps and conduit
A tight drain plug for the bottom reservoir
Better odor control.
Wireless networking with syslog and an HTML interface
Built-in hidef camera

And this might be wishing for too much....

An interlocking system for daisy chaining multiple units.

The Phototron alerted me when the water was too low (again, worked very well).

Speaking of odor control, my Mighty Aphrodite is noticeably aromatic. She has a pretty look, and smell right now, this G13. She appears to be both indica and sative at the same time. She is beautiful healthy and strong this girl. What else could a daddy want?

Fresh pictures tomorrow.

I now know what G13 really stands for. Gullible 13 year old. One would have to be a Gullible 13 year old to believe the government could do anything that well.

Oh, and :420:? I love rhe new classy but hip logo and other graphics.

Update.

Friggin' Vapir NO2 died, just like some reviews warned against. I ordered another battery hoping it will last longer than a couple of weeks. Bloody 'ell. I still love my Vapir One, but I needed a portable...so I ordered the Davinci. I have had my eye on it but there wasn't enough intel out there on it other than "we sell it". It also gets hot. Right now, if that is the only downside risk, I 'll cope. So far i have been disappointed with butane based vaporizers and even more disappointed with battery based. The shining star of my vape world right now is the Vapir One.

So, reading the numerous conflicting reviews and intel on the G13, I decided to turn her into a clone mother for the summer. I will let her get long in the tooth and then begin her twelves early September. It depends on how quickly i am vaping through my WoWo. I definitely have gotten better at vaping because my Golden Dragon is getting weaker.

Got MFLB batteries...still looking for my MFLB.

My day has been almost entirely devoted to one thing: growing clones from that G-13. But where?

After measuring and drawing out a plan, i decided to convert one of my office cabinets into a growcab. The cabinets are high quality and this was a risky call--especially with my skillset. $140 lighter after a trip to Lowes, a lot of saw dust and swearing...I am almost done. I ordered a cople of Aeroponic tube kits, one to be used for this grow cab.

My next update will have everything in place including, my first clone cuttings.

IMG_006217.JPG
IMG_006315.JPG
IMG_006422.JPG
IMG_006520.JPG
IMG_006622.JPG

Transplanted March 13.

Mighty Aphrodite is now 8 weeks post transplant. No sign of rejection. Change of plans. I will now start four new viable clones from her and then send her into the twelves. Those four clones will be in my Grow-cab. Obviously, once I harvest Aphrodite...one of the four in the Grow-cab will be ready for cuttings and clonings for the next harvest. In theory, I should have a constant crop of G13s between my Phototron Pro LED and my Grow-cab.

If the hydroponic set works out well, I'll convert another two door cabinet into a Grow-cab so I can always have four plants vegetating, and four flowering. When I see the flowering on track in the Grow-cab, I'll sell or donate all of my soil gear. I already have a friend in mind.

Wine, cigars, MMJ all taste the same to me. I'm no cannaseur. I haven't become tired of the WoWo and I don't expect I'll be tired of the G13 ever. I am alone on the reservation on this one but while potency and taste may vary a little--it's all the same to me. Maybe because I vape?

It's amazing how I've evolved on this over the last six months. Some ideas failed and some succeeded. Some ideas have succeeded better after the first crop failure and the subsequent successful hydroponic grow. For instance, I've now dedicated a laptop to doing nothing but taking snapshots for a time-lapse project on the plants. I plan on hooking up some environmental monitoring so I can approximate pretty much what I wanted to improve on in the Phototron. The filter and inline fan are now in use in the Grow-cab.

That pretty much leaves a lot of soil, a large grow tent. Two lighting systems with ballasts, hoods and bulbs, etc. collecting dust.

Huh, maybe I will sell the lot.

New battery for NO2 didn't bring the NO2 back to life.

I called the shop that sold it. She said bring it in and she would take care of it. Cool, we'll see.

Meanwhile, the MFLB i ordered came in yesterday and the Davinci came in today. I think I might just have a new method to maximize the MFLB, use smaller loads. Think knife hits.

The Davinvci is everyhting I had hoped for. I like the oil can used for grinds just like the disk drive on the NO2. CLEAN...

I can predict already, that i will have loaded up these oil cans like gunpowder into a bullet casing. It is the oil can which goes into the storage compartment, not the flowers. I can carry the Davinci in my pocket on my way to bed, and then do an oil can or two for night time pain relief. No burning, no cancer, no mess. It is discreet, classy looking and very, very very well manufactured. I hope this one lasts a while. I will take a year.

I like the NO2 well enough to settle on an exchange. All tolled, , I should have three fairly new vapes for a nice long endurance test.

Back
Top Bottom