DephOne's First Grow - Unknown Strain

DephOne

Well, i got some seeds from a 1/4 oz i bought, decided to germinate and plant them. Here we go.

What Strain is it? Unknown
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Pretty sure its Sativa
What percentages? 100% I assume.
How Many Plants? 4 (dunno if any are females yet)
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Pre Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? N/a
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? N/a
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size? n/a
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? n/a
If Hydro, what type of Medium? n/a
If Hydro, what type of Setup? n/a
If Soil... What is in your Mix? atm.. just potting soil. will move to miracle grow and fert prob in about a week.
If Soil... What Size Pot? Plastic Cup atm, will transfer to one gallon flower pot soon.
Size (Wattage) of Light? Using sunlight from my window. (havent purchased lights yet.)
How Many? I plan on having one 250watt HPS and one 250watt HID
Is it Air Cooled? room has A/C and a mini fan blowing near them
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Roughly 70-75 degrees F
RH of Room/Cabinet? RH?
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.9
Any Pests? Nope
How Often are you Watering? Every 3 days. Will become less frequent as pot gets bigger
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? None yet.
Size or Square Footage of Room? Its in a 1x2x3 window sill. 1ft wide 2ft tall 3ft long. Am gonna move it it a closet space soon. Its roughly 4x4x7ft tall

I'm happy they grew this much in just one week, but sad that they look skinny and limp. :/

babybuds1.jpg

What can i do to help make them straighter, or is it because i don't lave lights directly above them?

Re: DephOne's First Grow... Unknown Strain

Ok. My opinion is (just an opinion) they are stretching for light. They look good to me. Might want to support them a little and try to get some more direct light on them. A CFL bulb works great, so I understand. You're doing fine so far. Do your cups have holes in the bottoms?

Well, i got some seeds from a 1/4 oz i bought, decided to germinate and plant them. Here we go.

What Strain is it? Unknown
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Pretty sure its Sativa
What percentages? 100% I assume.
How Many Plants? 4 (dunno if any are females yet)
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Pre Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? N/a
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? N/a
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size? n/a
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? n/a
If Hydro, what type of Medium? n/a
If Hydro, what type of Setup? n/a
If Soil... What is in your Mix? atm.. just potting soil. will move to miracle grow and fert prob in about a week.
If Soil... What Size Pot? Plastic Cup atm, will transfer to one gallon flower pot soon.
Size (Wattage) of Light? Using sunlight from my window. (havent purchased lights yet.)
How Many? I plan on having one 250watt HPS and one 250watt HID
Is it Air Cooled? room has A/C and a mini fan blowing near them
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Roughly 70-75 degrees F
RH of Room/Cabinet? RH?
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.9
Any Pests? Nope
How Often are you Watering? Every 3 days. Will become less frequent as pot gets bigger
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? None yet.
Size or Square Footage of Room? Its in a 1x2x3 window sill. 1ft wide 2ft tall 3ft long. Am gonna move it it a closet space soon. Its roughly 4x4x7ft tall

I'm happy they grew this much in just one week, but sad that they look skinny and limp. :/

babybuds1.jpg

What can i do to help make them straighter, or is it because i don't lave lights directly above them?

Well, to keep them shorter and thicker stalks you need at least a cfl bulb over head closer to the plant, the fan is right. I've been told not to use the transparent cups because the light could damage roots, place a dark cover over those cups, maybe tape or some dark paper with tape. I think that might help. Germinating is the hard part, so you have a good start/grace:goodjob:

After looking at your pic again, you should add some more soil to the cups/ gently place soil around the stem up to the leaves, that will protect your stems, they're not stable this way, the soil will protect the stems and make a bushier plant. No fertilizer for 3 weeks, light watering, check if needs watering by the weight of cup after you water it, and when you think it needs more water, check the cup to see how it feels, light? or still heavy? Also, read some grow journals, they will answer alot of your questions. I read these journals before I decided to jump in the water. Again, good luck/grace, visit my site/

Another thing you can do to help make the stem stronger is put a lite breeze on them. Get the smallest oscillating fan you can find and let it blow on them. On low and oscillating. You don't want to blow them over, but you do want them moving a bit. That stiffens them up.

hi mate, they look ok to me mate, they will stay like that and slowly get bigger, as soon as the roots start spreading out they will take off and grow like crazy, but the first 2 weeks you wont get much at all, after that it will grow like crazy, the only thing i can pick up on is the tubs your using, roots dont like the light, so if you plan on leaving them in their much longer id cover them with tape or paper to stop the light, also how often are you watering them, the roots like dry soil, so make sure you let it dry out properly before you water it next, mine can go roughly 3 or 4 days and my plants are pretty big, so see how you go, they are stretching because of the light, try and get them as much sun as possible and they should be ok, but to me they look fine, i have got some seedlings that stretch more than that and fell over so used stakes to stake them up with and they are then ok,

yours look a good colour, and seem to be growing as they should be, you could always suppliment some light with some cfls, them energy saving light bulbs, but for veg you will need the blue light or daylight clfs, 6400kelvin, for flower youi will need 2700kelvin cfls, or if you planning on using mh then id say instead go with a hps light, high pressure sodium bulbs are what are used to flower plants off, mh or used for veg, both can be used for both stages of growth, how ever you will get better firmer buds using a hps light, even beter if you can get a dual spectrum hps, i paid £65 for a 400 watt dual spectrum hps, the dual spec contains the blue light the plant needs for veg

The way i germinated them was layed paper towels on a plate then layed several seeds, then more paper towels and added enough water to soak the towels. They sprouted in about 1.5 days. since last Tuesday ive watered them 3 times. when i planted them. (last tuesday).. Friday. and Today. every 3-4 days. The main reason i dont have the fancy lights is because im in between jobs right now. I only work 2 days a week which is enough to pay Rent, Cell phone, and keep the Dodge running. Once i come across a job and jave some extra money, i may set up a REAL grow room, and do it the right way. But for now, im hoping they last long enough.

But thank all of you for the advice. I will be sure to use it.

The way i germinated them was layed paper towels on a plate then layed several seeds, then more paper towels and added enough water to soak the towels. They sprouted in about 1.5 days. since last Tuesday ive watered them 3 times. when i planted them. (last tuesday).. Friday. and Today. every 3-4 days. The main reason i dont have the fancy lights is because im in between jobs right now. I only work 2 days a week which is enough to pay Rent, Cell phone, and keep the Dodge running. Once i come across a job and jave some extra money, i may set up a REAL grow room, and do it the right way. But for now, im hoping they last long enough.

But thank all of you for the advice. I will be sure to use it.

Honey, go to my site, read my blog on cheap way to keep costs down while growing for the 1st time, you may have more things available to you now then you realize. Good luck/grace:thumb:

Yeah what they said! If you want to talk more about the scrog I can tell you things that I have already done rong:)
you listen to Grace shes a good egg!don and hierloom too.
before you know it your problems will be,what am I going to do with all this smoke:)

I know its late now but you should have planted those babies right up to their leaves.IMO

LOL when you give them the final home do it then. you dont want to stress them anymore then they have been.just sayin

Yeah what they said! If you want to talk more about the scrog I can tell you things that I have already done rong:)
you listen to Grace shes a good egg!don and hierloom too.
before you know it your problems will be,what am I going to do with all this smoke:)
Today I'm a Hard Boiled Egg, 98 and still climbing, fish will help you out, you're gonna like it here with us, we can be funny sometimes, depending on who's toking and typing! I was in your place a few months ago, actually 4 months ago, yesterday I harvested 4 plants, I have clones budding also, like fish said, I don't know what to do with all this smoke. You'll be a happy camper, welcome to the the Camp Grounds/grace:welcome:

Today I'm a Hard Boiled Egg, 98 and still climbing, fish will help you out, you gonna like it here with us, we can be funny sometimes, depending on who's toking and typing! I was in your place a few months ago, actually 4 months ago, yesterday I harvested 4 plants, I have clones budding also, like fish said, I don't know what to do with all this smoke. You'll be a happy camper, welcome to the the Camp Grounds/grace:welcome:

Well, so far i'm enjoying this site. But i still have a few questions. I will make a list, anyone feel free to answer which ever ones you like. And I read every single post of the Grow Room-> First time growers. There were some things that maybe i missed or just didnt understand.

1. Whats the average span of 1 plant cycle?
2. Is there a way to determine an unknown strain, such as in my case?
3. Can I name my own bud? Or do they all already have names?
4. What(in your opinion) is the best method for smoking?
5. Can plants grow indoors during the winter if the room is a little chilly?
6. Whats the best way to transfer plants across state lines without being caught. (I live in Md now, family is moving to Pa within the next few months)
7. Do you guys have any questions you'd like to ask me?
8. Does blowing smoke on them help any? Even in the least bit?

aaaannnndddd. I dont have any smoke right now. Ill prob have to go get some tonight, since i cant smoke home grown yet. :'''(

Well, so far i'm enjoying this site. But i still have a few questions. I will make a list, anyone feel free to answer which ever ones you like. And I read every single post of the Grow Room-> First time growers. There were some things that maybe i missed or just didnt understand.

1. Whats the average span of 1 plant cycle?
2. Is there a way to determine an unknown strain, such as in my case?
3. Can I name my own bud? Or do they all already have names?
4. What(in your opinion) is the best method for smoking?
5. Can plants grow indoors during the winter if the room is a little chilly?
6. Whats the best way to transfer plants across state lines without being caught. (I live in Md now, family is moving to Pa within the next few months)
7. Do you guys have any questions you'd like to ask me?

aaaannnndddd. I dont have any smoke right now. Ill prob have to go get some tonight, since i cant smoke home grown yet. :'''(

Excellent questions, I'll take a few/
#6. I highly advise you not to take any plants over state lines, do you want to get your family in trouble (my jewish mother accent). Anyway they won't survive the trip.
#1. It took me 4 months from germinating to harvest last night, March 12 to July 16, so patience is everything, everyone thinks they will have smoke in 2 months, it doesn't work that way.
#3. You can name your plant anything you want, it's your baby, as to finding out what it is that hard to do. I got my labels mixed up when transplanting, now I don't know what strain is what, I guess I'll find out once it's cured.

Questions for you: How old are you? Will you be living with parents? Do you need to keep this grow a secret? I live in Oh, Pa is right next door, it gets very cold. Are you going to help your family pay the higher electric bills? Do your parents know of this? Questions you need to ask yourself honey/grace

I'm 20. I live with my Mom, Uncle, and Girlfriend. My mom knows I want to grow one Single plant. But she said she wouldn't help me with any costs( lights etc.. ) and I help with the bills from my Portion of the Rent. Technically my $200/ month pays our cable/internet bill. Lol. And the grow is not a secret my household family, but others such as friends and other relatives shall not know.

And I never expected a 2 month start to finish, that's outrageous. I guessed it would be around 4 months give or take.

And I thought about calling her... Drum Roll..... Dirty Mary. Cause she's a dirty girl ;) and makes people do naughty euphoric things. Lol

Edit: Sp people don't think my mom is a bad parent... In my introduction forum, fish knows, I stated about how i took a lawnmower to the foot and marijuana relieves the pain from my nerve damage, which my mom understands. She said she'd rather have me smoke something organic, then become addicted to prescription narcotics.

Back
Top Bottom