My Outdoor Grow Blogs

jim bonghead

Went out and checked the babies today.I noticed since I collected all the piss I could find no more traces of deer or coon. I also bought some stuff from wally world that is supposed to keep critters away.I dont knowif itworks but no probs so far.
While out there "its in a grassy spot in the middle of woods"That some braches were reducing the max sun my ladies could get.So of course I walked 3 miles hometo get limb snippers.Helped a little but Im only 5 feeet tall and can only reach so high cuz of my disability. I always spread my crop in several diff places.I think everyone knows why that is.What gets me is rippers steal your shit and they dnt even have bud yet!!Or cops will take them and say they worth thousands wen they havent budded yet.Ignorants befails me.
I try to keep the cursing out of my posts cuzI heard they are strict on this sight.
But any way aboot 7 out of 10are looking very good,I dont have money this year for testers and stuff so Im kinda wingin it hopin dad is watchin out for me.He is dead,he was a very good grower!!!
The other 3 have just real skinny stems and basically top leaves.Been askin people if I should tie these 3 down or top them no one answers me,they dont have the male balls cuz I was thinkin that might be what it is.They have been out since mothers day and they just look like crap.I need sumthin to bulk them up or they not gonna produce shit.I dont do this to sell. I need my medication and use every bit of it.I do love to grow though and not just weed. Flowers,Yellow watermelon shit like that.
Well anyway,If anyone has any ideas aboot what I can do to bulk them up plz let me know.Also I have always heard to let your crop go till the 1st frost in southern ohio because it shoots all the thc too the flowers.Is that true or just another myth?

:peace:and:love: Jim Bonghead P.S. everyone have a great day!!!!

grow journal 3

july.21,2012

Went out today,Everything looked fine except the one.She is just a stick with one leaf at the end.Maybe two tops will come out of her and she will stay alive.I journaled yest aboot the one plant that seems to not be growing.Upon my examination of her it looked like some kind of bug on her top,so I proceeded to pull it off it was slimy like a slug but apparantly it was her top because I came back the next day and her two top node leaves were drooping.I dont know wat to do but leave it alone.If anyone has any suggestions plz help.
On a different note.I put 4 in a spot I feel is not getting enuff light.The two I transplanted in a different spot last month are just branching out like a mofo.I am wandering if it is too late to move the four I dont think is getting enuff light "not branching out like others at all.Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanx,
Jim bonghead P.S.any friend requests would be appreciated.I still have 30 posts until I can post pics and be a full member.:peace:pot and microdot

waiting for a sign

I went out and checked the girls today!!!They are outside and no sign that any of them are male yet. It is August so I still have at least 2 and a half months to wait.Something is eating the hell out of my bottom leaves.
I had one with some kind of slug on its top about 2 weeks ago.I pulled the slug off the top and I thought she died. I went back this mornin and she got 2 tops where the one I pulled is. I just hope at least 8 of the 10 girls I have out make it too full term..
I think if they were gonna be males I would have seen balls by now.I just want !yr. of not getting ripped off !!!!! :peace:and:love:
Jim Bonghead

waiting patiently.

Hello my grow friends,

I went out today to re-check my outside plants.I also went out yesterday and put nutes on them.I noticed in my adventure yest. putting nutes on my babys that a deer or something must have stepped on one of my girls and broke the top.Which really did not piss me off that bad. I know that broken top will result in 2 new tops hopefully.
I have 10 out this year.So far 2 of them seem to be an Indica strain and the other 8 have to be sativas because of how tall and fast they grow.All I know is I found these seeds in a stash compartment of my girlfriends purse,so if they were stashed that good it was NOT reggie seeds.
Anyway my girls have been out since mothers day..Which I dont understand, they have grown to aboot 3 ft or less in these 2mos.I know they are growing much more rapidly now.I am not much worried about it cuz we still have 2 and a half mos of growing at least or until the first frost.
I have a question for anyone who can answer it.My indicas should be done before the sativas.My question is , should I let all plants go until the 1st frost or pull the indicas sooner than that? I am still hoping for a good year, 10 plants is about ideal for us. Thanx, and good harvesting to all,
:peace:and:love:
Jim Bonghead.

untitled48.png

hope this helps rep +++ me if u can!!

Thanks for your input (geturgrowon),

I guess I was thinking too quick aboot not having any males.I went out to check the girls today and I found balls.Yup, one of the girls is a boy... Im gonna wait a couple days before I pull him.My gf wants me to leave him out there.I proceeded to explain to her that if we left it out there it would pollinate the girls and they would have seed.I could be wrong it could be a morphadite but not likely. So, Im down to 9 now, Two with broken tops and the other 7 is doing ok. Im not giving up on having a good year.
Thanks for insight geturgrowon but I dont own a microscope, money is kinda tight right now, so I cant afford to go buy one.But, I do have a magnifying glass.So when a Indica plant is done it will have a leaf that wraps around the bud that will be crispy , right??? IDK I guess we will see...I will post pics when they start flowering and of the end result if I am a full pledged member by then. Til next time,
PEACE,
Jim Bonghead

(geturgrowon)Hey bro,

If you were trying to send me a link ,I did not get it. Like I said any imput or knowledge from an experienced grower is welcomed. Hell its preferred. Thanks,have a good day,
Jim Bonghead

hey buckeye brother, the indica should finish first. but you do want to check the trichomes to see if they are ready. radio shack sells a hand held microscope for less then$20, but if your cameras anygood at all you can load pics on the computer and zoom in on the trichs.
if you click the pics that geturgrowon posted they will show you what your looking for. if you let them grow to long they will lose potency. also in the FAQs there is a thread called trichomes 101, that to will give you an idea of when to harvest.
sorry about the male.:peace:

Thanx (fish cake),

I will, for sure, check into that cheap microscope.Trichomes101, thought I knew more than I do. It has been aboot 7 yrs. since my last grow. So "fishcake" on the male tip,how long do I have to pull him before he pollinates the females? IDK, I guess I should have pulled him as soon as I knew. By the way,"fishcake", no biggie about the male,Thats to be expected unless I buy feminized seed. It does kinda suck when you take care of something for months and it turns out to be worthless...Anyway time to get ready to work in this 96 degree weather.Hope everyone hasa great day!!!Peace n Love,
Jim Bonghead

the sooner you get rid of the male the better! and I fell ya on the time spent on him. but thats the chance you take.

Hey (fishcake),my friend,

I went to FAQ and realized that there is 165 pages there. If you have page number for trichomes 101 it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx,and have a wonderful day,
Jim Bonghead

Hey (fishcake),my friend,

I went to FAQ and realized that there is 165 pages there. If you have page number for trichomes 101 it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx,and have a wonderful day,
Jim Bonghead

sorry boss go to how to grow MJ evrything you need to know then scroll down to harvest and curing :)

Thanx fishcake,

I read the trichome 101 thing aboot 4 times or more. Let me see if I understood this. I guess I choose my high, I have to wait until the mushroom shaped trichomes turn brown or red, then pull a tester bud out of the middle of the plant.For a more uppity high pick early in the two week window of maturation. For a body high pick later in the two week window.......cool,
Now I know,
Thanx again,
Jim Bonghead,

Thanx fishcake,

I read the trichome 101 thing aboot 4 times or more. Let me see if I understood this. I guess I choose my high, I have to wait until the mushroom shaped trichomes turn brown or red, then pull a tester bud out of the middle of the plant.For a more uppity high pick early in the two week window of maturation. For a body high pick later in the two week window.......cool,
Now I know,
Thanx again,
Jim Bonghead,

ok this is the way I understand it, when your trichs are mostly clear its not ready. when they become milky white this gives you the buzz that makes you want to get up and do things. when they begin to turn amber they are just a step away from ruining..but if you get a mix,say 60%milky and40% amber or brown then thats when I harvest.
also remeber that just like picking a green tomato it will ripen further. so now it is up to your preference just dont let it get to much amber or brown color. ya dig?:)

also when they start clouding up stop all fertilising and just give her water and maybe some black strap molasses for the last 2 weeks before harvest, this will rid the plants of cloraphill that gives you that grassy homegrown taste

Hello,

Im not a very happy camper today. I was doing my usual rounds this morning and low and behold I find out there is another male..I keep telling myself it is gonna be a good year. Damn, down to 8 girls and close to 2 more months to wait. I guess there is always next year..

Have a great day,
Jim Bonghead

always count half male half female.Its a matter of nature.And the tallest ones are usually the males. pollen falls down. So get use to taking the bigest plant out. Almost always its a male. It is worth getting clones ,then you do not have this problem.

Hello,

Im not a very happy camper today. I was doing my usual rounds this morning and low and behold I find out there is another male..I keep telling myself it is gonna be a good year. Damn, down to 8 girls and close to 2 more months to wait. I guess there is always next year..

Have a great day,
Jim Bonghead

well what you could do is take a clone from each plant and then put them under 12/12 and see what sex they are. sorry about the male though. and with the lack of rain we have been getting the less then optimal grow conditions help trigger the male chromasone.

Back
Top Bottom