C99 - Soil - SCROG - Hopefully

kovacs

Bit background- this is my 4th grow, but first on LED, previous were on T8 CFL tubes and was simple "bush" grows. What i wanted to do this time is do SCROG and do it full LED (because of heat/ventilation, noise and low yield with T8 issues). Main reason why i'm doing this blog, because when researching on LED lights I found very little (credible) info, so I thought I should share and hopefully will succeed both in sharing and growing. :)

Basic facts-

Strain: C99 from femaleseeds.nl, sativa dominant hybrid.

Cabinet size: 58x58x120cm (2"x2"x4" ?), not much, but i thing for scrogging 2 plants will be just right.

Light: Going to make both veg and flower under it (hopefully). It's modular unit, total wattage 240w, 3w leds, 6 rings x 15 leds per each. Spectres are 8 x 660nm (deep red), 3 x 630nm (red), 2x 460nm (blue), 1x 12000K white, 1x 410nm (UV). Was this a good choice choosing such spectres we'll see. :)

Exaust: Bought S&P 160 inline fan for exaust and/or air circulation, but bit depends on temperature generated by LED light, so i'm yet to decide how it's going to happen.

This is soil based grow and i'm intending to use some commonly buyable soil and some allround veg/flower ferts i have used in previous my growths.

Started to germinate seeds in 22.09.2012

Put into soil 24.09.2012

Put 28.09.2012 under lamp, so assume this Day 1

This how it looks currently:

blog_000.jpg

This is just picture from my previous growth-

blog_001.jpg

Day 4 (01.10.2012) update-

Had to put exaust fan, because altough it's LED, heat it's emitting is considerable for my small space and I have doubts whether those small plants can endure it yet.

Also put my old inline fan (the one on the books), to do some occasional internal air circulation for plant stems to grow more stronger, as in my previous grows I always had problems at the beginning with requiring to put some additional support. Hopefully artifical "wind" will fix this! :)

blog_002.jpg

Sadly, but seems the shit has hit the fan! HELP!!! :(

It seems that leaves are starting to bleach and there are burn like areas on page tips. I have NOT feed ANY nutrients to the plants, so overfeeding is out of the question, imo, as those first 2 weeks everything was going fine.

Could this be Nitrogen deficiency, overwatering (maybe i little overdid this, altough, i did not do it THAT much... imo)? :? Any other ideas? Second plant seems to start showing similar symptoms, so i have feeling this will not end well, if not fixed.

As I don't have ph meter (any recommendations for cheap, reliable options with shipping worldwide?), i'm only suspecting that ph is normal (eg. at least 5.5-6, because on package it was said that this soil is 5.5-6.5), but of course it might be something with ph.

Have read this post- Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial and thats why i'm suspecting Nitrogen, but still i'm not sure.

blog_006.jpg

ok, everything ended not as bad as it could and after using some bit of fertilizer plants regained lifeness and I'd pot them into bigger pots. Did not expect that they will grow so fast and run out of nutes in 2 weeks. Seems they are growing very fast under the LED's as in comparison with T8's.

After re-potting Day 19 (16-Oct):
blog_007.jpg

Day 23 (20-Oct): SCROG'gin it is! :)

First I considered using plastic/metal mesh, but after checking local diy supply store and seeing that cheapest option is something like $30 for 5m or something, went for building it myself for $4.

So, after approx 30min of hard work... :)

blog_008.jpg

Plants looking nice and healty-

blog_009.jpg

Completed-

blog_010.jpg

Day 37 (3-Nov): just a quick update. Altough there seems to be some kind of defficiency in light form (propably Mg- yellow leaves, green veins), I'm not going to explicitly fix this, but intend to start flowering in two days and hopefully things will improve by themselves. :)

blog_013.jpg

right on I love me a scrog, I am not any good with computers but I have a defficiency chart in a blog under my name go there and see if it helps you out. I would have just posted it here for you but I have no clue.
on the scrog if you can hold out a week more in veg you can fill that screen pretty good and also be able to cut everything off below and by the switch you shouldnt miss a beat. all of the green above will go nuts with the stretch. any empty spot in the screen will get filled.
you will be bending and training twice a day:)

right on I love me a scrog, I am not any good with computers but I have a defficiency chart in a blog under my name go there and see if it helps you out. I would have just posted it here for you but I have no clue.
on the scrog if you can hold out a week more in veg you can fill that screen pretty good and also be able to cut everything off below and by the switch you shouldnt miss a beat. all of the green above will go nuts with the stretch. any empty spot in the screen will get filled.
you will be bending and training twice a day:)

Thx for the chart, have seen incomplete version of it, but this seems better. I'm pretty sure now, it's Nitgrogen deficiency!

I'll consider growing one more week, but the real problem is I'm really impatient! I want to see them bloom!!! :D

if you can wait the yeild may double:)

Day 42 (8-nov): Net seems to be continuing to fill up nicely. It seems that one plant is more stretchy than the other one. It's also propably because the non-stretchy one is bit in the depth of closet, it is harder to have access to it and do proper leaf removal (thats what's stimulates smaller branch/internode growth a lot, imo).

blog_014.jpg

gairbud- looks great altough bit chaotic! :) Have you thought about removing some leaf's?

fish cake- this is one plant?!

nope there are 2

Day 42 (8-nov) updated: Oh boy, oh boy.... i'm having two girls! :)

Appears that for some time i havent noticed, that they already have showed their gender! :) So as flowering is now imminent did rearrange pots a bit for better plant access and filling of the net + trimmed some leafs.

blog_015.jpg

blog_016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom