Master Kush

b.real

hey guys, how are you? im running a perpetual micro grow, and up next are two regular nirvana master kush beans (kush x skunk)

growing in a peat moss, perlite, compost and limestone mix.

"First called High Rise, this strain of marijuana was developed in one of the tall buildings in Amsterdam's Bijlmer area. Coffeeshop owners and marijiuana lovers alike fell head over heels in love with this exclusive tetraploid cannabis strain. By popular demand, this Hindu Kush / Skunk hybrid was stabilized and marketed, and it has been a classic ever since. Master Kush Seeds develop into strong cannabis plants of medium height and bushiness. Master Kush is a heavy weed producer which thrives in soil, hydro and greenhouse growing systems. It has a pleasantly earthy, mossy smell and its smoke is smooth.

White strain: No
Feminized: No
Medical: No
Effect: High (head trip) yet stoned (body buzz)
Flowering period: 7 - 9 weeks
Average yield: 400 - 500 (g/m² in SOG)
Flavour: earthy / pungent
Plant height: Medium
Plant type: Indoor as well as Outdoor
Indica / Sativa: Hybrid"

i hope i get two females! i also have a feminized paradise acid (nyc diesel) and a regular bagseed kush germinating just in case theyre not both females. aiming for two females total.

these two beans broke earth 2/13, and are one week old today. vegged for one week, and am going straight into 12/12 tonight.

2013-02-20_10-37-45_13.jpg
2013-02-20_10-36-23_424.jpg

Hey b, is that sun light? It just looks warmer. Do you grow in the same soil that you sow seeds? A week in veg. So I am thinking you been doing this a while. Exclusive tetraploid, is that the camera lens? It sounds like a good self sustaining grow. Inspiring.

hi there denny, i do grow in the same soil that i sow seeds in. i tried germinating with a paper towel before, but i like sowing directly into earth much more. i get a sprout in 3-4 days most of the time. what i do is i drop my seeds in a glass of water as im mixing my soil, and then i just push them in and lightly cover them.

no idea what tetraploid means, i think it deals with chromosomes.

and yeah, that is the real sun. i only have one grow rig, and right now its on 12/12. i usually run that from seed, but im seeing if giving them a week of veg will make them mature/finish quicker. if the sun isnt out, i use a single lamp to veg.

here is my current thread if you want to check it out: Paradise Diesel

thanks for tuning in.

today is the two week update. i switched to the flowering schedule a week ago in hopes of getting preflowers today, but no luck. vegging for a week did help them gain size though.

i am confident enough to safely share with the community that it takes a minimum of 3 weeks from seed to get preflowers!

pray for females!

i put two pictures of my prior plants just so you can see the difference of going 12/12 from seed and vegging for one week.

2013-02-27_00-24-25_685.jpg
2013-02-27_00-22-56_924.jpg
2013-01-21_00-27-07_4611.jpg
2013-01-21_00-27-00_5341.jpg

here are my prior plants 12/12 from seed, without a week of veg for comparison.
2013-01-21_00-27-00_534.jpg

2013-01-21_00-27-07_461.jpg

i think ive got two males..ill let them ride out till the third week..kinda pissed

three weeks old..one male so far.. r.i.p.

i feel bad.

i never knew roots grew like that..they fill one point..hit bottem, then start to wrap around. that end you see is the head of the root mass.. hope for female on the other one please.
2013-03-05_23-15-02_396.jpg
2013-03-05_23-19-48_513.jpg

2013-03-05_23-21-06_533.jpg

thanks man. that was a male for sure right? cause hes outside dying. poor fellow :/

i hope i didnt throw out a girl..i was seeing clusters..you make me want to go and dig up the plant out of the trash.

i did catch one girl though! im pretty sure thats pistils. the other one did not have that.

three week update. first sign of pistils at three weeks, as expected. yay!

2013-03-06_23-02-00_526.jpg
2013-03-06_23-01-09_815.jpg

2013-03-06_23-48-29_187.jpg

hey brother!

yeah i may have left them a little longer to confirm sex.... but upon saying that i think you may have been right with it being male- tenuous but i believe you were seeing the staminate Primordia showing itself. the larger square i highlighted at the bottom seems like a staminate pod for sure, imho if it were fem you woulda seen pistils emerging from the calyx... but thats just my noob opinion dude! :cheesygrinsmiley:

2013-03-05_23-19-48_5131.jpg

and the difference between the ones with 1 week veg and without veg is quite pronounced! awesome to see :cheesygrinsmiley: have you ever thought of using the GLR cycle?? MIGHT be one to experiment with too if it takes yer fancy bro

peace! :peace:

I was seeing clusters..i hope i didnt cut a female.

Glr? Not sure what that is.

Im glad i veg for a week now. I was doing it to try to get pre flowers quicker. It takes at least 3 weeks no matter what

okay so i randomly wanted to transplant and im glad i did. it filled the entire 16 oz cup and was starting to circle it.

i gave this plant a big pot, i think ~1/2 gallon. i ran low on soil though so i filled the bottem with marbles. roots will grow into that, yeah?

on another note really loving the kush structure. they say this is hindu kush x skunk

need to get a new potting mix, and for the garden outside too. should i get a coir brick, or should i get some peat moss like ive been running?

got some roots in the soil becuase i had to use my outside soil that was in a pot composting a couple plants, includling the cut up male. im really out of soil :lot-o-toke:
2013-03-09_00-10-06_193.jpg
2013-03-09_00-45-10_674.jpg

hey guys, how are you? im running a perpetual micro grow, and up next are two regular nirvana master kush beans (kush x skunk)

growing in a peat moss, perlite, compost and limestone mix.

"First called High Rise, this strain of marijuana was developed in one of the tall buildings in Amsterdam's Bijlmer area. Coffeeshop owners and marijiuana lovers alike fell head over heels in love with this exclusive tetraploid cannabis strain. By popular demand, this Hindu Kush / Skunk hybrid was stabilized and marketed, and it has been a classic ever since. Master Kush Seeds develop into strong cannabis plants of medium height and bushiness. Master Kush is a heavy weed producer which thrives in soil, hydro and greenhouse growing systems. It has a pleasantly earthy, mossy smell and its smoke is smooth.

White strain: No
Feminized: No
Medical: No
Effect: High (head trip) yet stoned (body buzz)
Flowering period: 7 - 9 weeks
Average yield: 400 - 500 (g/m² in SOG)
Flavour: earthy / pungent
Plant height: Medium
Plant type: Indoor as well as Outdoor
Indica / Sativa: Hybrid"

i hope i get two females! i also have a feminized paradise acid (nyc diesel) and a regular bagseed kush germinating just in case theyre not both females. aiming for two females total.

these two beans broke earth 2/13, and are one week old today. vegged for one week, and am going straight into 12/12 tonight.

2013-02-20_10-37-45_13.jpg
2013-02-20_10-36-23_424.jpg

how come your only vegging for one week?

a bunch of reasons. time, space, smell etc. restraints. if i could have my way, i would probably veg for 3-4 weeks.

on top of that i dont have a strong light (15k lumens) so i can only run couple plants at a time. if let the plant get too tall the light wont hit the lower parts of the plant. i was trying to do a perpetual s.o.g. kinda thing

here is the 4 week update, 1 week into bloom from preflowers.

while she was vegging, she was staying short with fat leaves like a hindu kush, but now shes showing me her skunk side by getting tall and skinny.

should i lst (like my tall diesel), lollipop, or leave her alone? input is appreciated! :high-five:
2013-03-13_22-43-28_154.jpg
2013-03-13_22-44-01_656.jpg

hey there dude!

PERSONALLY i would leave her alone- buts thats just ME :cheesygrinsmiley: possibly a light defol here n there- when they grow adequate bud leaves to take over photosynthesis and keep on with transpiration and sugar production/energy absorption etc

she's showing great pistillate growth at 1 week in soil brother! most excellent :cheesygrinsmiley: look forward to seeing her mature :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom