GreenSmurf's - White Rhino - DWC

greensmurf

this will be my second grow. however this will be my first DWC. I will be needing help along the way so advice is always welcome. I would rather know head of time that something is not working then to find out later. my first grow was in soil but after watching videos on YouTube I was able to see how much better plants grow hydroponically. right now currently my seeds are in soil Jiffy pots. after they have sprouted I plan on transplating them into the DWC container I have already built (pictures below.) if any of you guys or gals have grown DWC before here's where I can use your help. what do you think of the current setup pictures and measurements are below.

Ten gallon container filled with 5 gallons water. Large airstone donut. And I do have a water pump I could also use if needed. I have clay pebbles just not in yet because seedlings are not ready. I also have the whole foxfarm nute line-up. Current light is large true 150wCFL veg light and planning on going to HPS/MH

20130329_150216.jpg

20130329_150307.jpg

20130329_150432.jpg

20130329_150541.jpg

20130329_150632.jpg

20130329_193634.jpg

20121201_125746.jpg

Let me know what you all think and please suggest any improvments needed.

Thanks and welcome to the journey of a greenhorn DWC grower.

Re: GreenSmurf's - White Rhino - DWC.

Might want to use Hydrot-ton beads (clay looking pebbles) when you put clones in. Using a areo bucket cloner makes doing this very easy beacuse roots would be loose from soil. otherwise you will need to wash the dirt from the roots before planting

Might want to use Hydrot-ton beads (clay looking pebbles) when you put clones in. Using a areo bucket cloner makes doing this very easy beacuse roots would be loose from soil. otherwise you will need to wash the dirt from the roots before planting

I was thinking of building a sprayer for the inside. Need to pick up some tubing and some elbow pipe fittings. Just wondering if my 100GPH pump will be enough for the job. But then I'll need a bigger container I think.or smaller pots.

I think you are lil confused on what you need to do with a DWC set up..... shouldnt need sprayers and idk what you are planing to do with the pump : /

this is exactly what i was talking about for a cloner, but THAT isnt DWC you kinda are going a 50/50 mix of the cloner and the DWC in one.... which i dont think will work : /

Check our this mans DWC grow, he has the set up that would be most like yours and you can see what all he bought.

You shouldnt need a water pump but a air pump is what you need and some large air stones to airate the water aswell as move it.

You dont need to have a sprayer because the buckets should be 3/4 submerged in the bucket full of nutes, water, extra....

Check out his page and it should point you in the right direction!
Kush DWC grow

So I took the time to go through that journal and thanks it was a great help indeed. I am planning my grow very similar to that one but using different nute line-up. And not planning on having that many plans at one time. This journal will be a perpetual 2-4 plant grow with one with a breeding session if a male is present. I would love to have my own white rhino stock. Then after I have a good seed stock I will cross breed with a suitable strain yet to be determined. And more homework needed on that topic.

Thanks for joining my journal.

So I took the time to go through that journal and thanks it was a great help indeed. I am planning my grow very similar to that one but using different nute line-up. And not planning on having that many plans at one time. This journal will be a perpetual 2-4 plant grow with one with a breeding session if a male is present. I would love to have my own white rhino stock. Then after I have a good seed stock I will cross breed with a suitable strain yet to be determined. And more homework needed on that topic.

Thanks for joining my journal.

Yep nutes are all pretty much the same it just has different concentrates and types of mixes but u can almost always get same nutes from any line (almost). and if you dont want to waste your girls you can clone instead of using seeds, i plant seeds when ever i have them but i prefer clones because there always girls and i dont have to deal with fragile baby plants that are more likely to sub-come to decease and wat not. Plus With DWC the roots are loose so clones are easy to drop into hydroton beads and thats wats up!

But to each is ones own and green is green : ) So what ever floats your boat! Good luck with your set up man!

Hey man I'm subbed I'm planning on doing a dec grow after my first one is finished so ill be watching yours

Sweet, glad to have you along for the ride. I can't wait for these beans to start breaking through the surface.

Sweet, glad to have you along for the ride. I can't wait for these beans to start breaking through the surface.

yha man if you pre germed them they pop with in 2-3 days for me just make sure ur not over watering them and make it hard for them to root!

Ok either I have received a real bad batch of seeds or idk. Here is what I have going.
Two weeks ago I had 4 seeds in rockwool and 4 seeds in paper towells for about a week and had no results.
I then picked up jiffy pots and MG potting soil for starting seeds. (Wored great last time) and planted them all (10 total)
I also placed 3 more in a paper towell. Still nothing so i tried a cup of water two nights ago and STILL NOTHING
Sorry for the shouting but if you can only imagine my fustration. Here are some pics

my advice would be to get a larger size Rubbermaid tub to use for your Deep Water Culture, a reservoir that small would be hard to keep ph stable and allow more room for root growth. you want the water percolating, oxygen exchange only takes place when the small bubbles break the surface of the water and burst.
https://www.google.com/shopping/product AIR STONE 8 ECOPLUS
you may need to upgrade your air pump as well.
subscribed

This will be my veg/clone cabinet I plan on making a 3x3x6 cabinet for my flower room.
That tub will be for 6 sprouts in a 10gal container filled to 5gal. I do agree i need better air flow.
I just need a better air pump the air stone is large enough. Flower tub will be larger I'm thinking
10gal of water would be good. The seeds are not ready yet so there is plenty of time to pick up
an air pump at a pet store. Oh and if my problem is my seeds I have some more on the way.
Wonder Woman and White Widow. So I will have a great white variety. I'LL cross them and make
my own strain, i'll call it "smurfin great white" :rofl::rofl:

But seriously, any ideas on my seeds?

No clue on the seeds man I had 4-5 do that to me aswell not long Ago.

Interested in this grow Id love to try a dwc grow soon

Its puzzling me too. Have no clue. Just going to wait and see.

After all the research I have been through DWC is definitely the way to go if you want a good size yeild.

So 3 of the 4 seeds in the cup split open and saw the root showing in the crack of the seed. I placed them in rock wool
and placed them in the humidity dome. Still keeping it dark no sprouts yet. In preperations for when the seedlings sprout
I took my flower light out and replaced it with grow light. In the process I broke the bulb! :yikes:

So now I need a new grow bulb. Need to pick that up this week if these ever break ground.

Back
Top Bottom