Bassman Strips The Holy Grail Kush - Defoliated - RDWC - Undercurrent - Again

Heya everyone. I'm 3 days from chopping this same strain along with Kosher Kush. I didnt journal that grow, and decided just now to do another journal. The success of my current grow has me a little inspired.

The specifics:

Four clones I took from my current grow. I think these are Holy Grail Kush, but they could be Kosher Kush too, or a combination of both strains. I just don't recall which these were taken from. But they are from some gals that I flipped about 2 weeks ago. Clones were taken 3-4 weeks ago?

They are starting out in 3.5g DWC buckets under 220w of HOT5's until the 5'x5' tent is ready after I chop this week. Then they will go into 5 gal buckets, recirculating deep water culture for about 4-6 weeks. I drop small ice jugs into the outer tubs to chill the water when in this closet veg.

Lighting in veg: 400w MH
Lighting in flower: 1000w HPS (Ushio)
Pump: 396 gph
Piping is 1.5" pvc using uniseals
Running through a 1/10 hp chiller, water temp is constant 67f
Base Nutrients are 2 part from another planet.
Added nutrients are B52, and fox farms BushDoctor microbe brew, and Hygrozyme.
Added in flower is AN Big Bud in BOTH liquid and powder form!

These are all females and have been extremely well rooted as one can see from the sample pics.

Once they have a few more nodes I'll be defoliating and start training them more laterally.

HGK is a cross between Kosher Kush and OG#18. Both of which are high end strains with multiple awards.

So here's the clones:
HGK-D68f_D1_clone_veg_001.JPG
HGK-D68f_D1_clone_veg_006.JPG
HGK-D68f_D1_clone_veg_007.JPG
HGK-D68f_D1_clone_veg_008.JPG
HGK-D68f_D1_clone_veg_011.JPG
HGK-D68f_D1_clone_veg_012.JPG
HGK-D68f_D1_clone_veg_013.JPG
HGK-D68f_D1_clone_veg_014.JPG
HGK-D68f_D1_clone_veg_015.JPG

Here is what I am getting ready to chop and the space these four girls will go into:
HGK-D70f_001.JPG
HGK-D70f_002.JPG
HGK-D70f_003.JPG
HGK-D70f_004.JPG
HGK-D70f_005.JPG
HGK-D70f_006.JPG

Welcome to this new journal! All comments, suggestions, questions are welcome!

Re: Bassman strips The Holy Grail Kush, Defoliated, RDWC (undercurrent) again

Wow. That is a nice and productive set up there B. Cant waite to how this turns out.

Hi Bassman, I'm glad I made it nice and early to your new journal, very much looking forward to seeing your work in progress not just reading through old journals trying to get info on defoliation. ;)
You crop that's ready to Harvest looks fantastic, congrats, and the clones look good also.
Question. I got clones with long root also, how did you get the roots out of the 2 inch net cups to transplant? Very carefully I'm assuming but do you have any tricks or tips?

IMG_21534.JPG

Thanks for you help, and again, really looking forward to your grow.
Good luck.

Thanks for joining in guys. Welcome!

@stealthgrow, it looks to me like you might be using a root riot type cube or rock wool in those small net cups? If so, they're cheap enough that I'd just snip the bottom of the net pots and pull the cube out the top with the roots.

That being said, I root mine in root riot cubes in a cloning tray. I don't grow enough to warrant a tub dedicated to so many clones at a time. The fun part is dropping long ass roots into the big net pot lids for my 5 gal buckets. I carefully feed the roots through the bottom of the net pot. Then I hold the plant in place at the elevation I want and hand feed the medium (clay pellets) into the net pot being careful to not break the roots and secure the cube/plant in place. Isn't too hard, just a little patience.

Thanks for the quick response Bass, Your right, the clones are in rockwool cubes inside the net cup. I'm gonna follow your suggestion, and just cut out the bottom of the net pot, and use a little patience to get them threaded into the new net pots. ;)

i'm subbed, i'm also running a DIY undercurrent system. :) i'll be following along closely

:popcorn:

Relaxed Lester, welcome, glad to have ya come on board.

KingJohn, good to see ya here!

Light Addict, happy to see you join in. Comments on anything are pre-approved!

Ronnie, I look forward to your thoughts. There's not enough of us rdwc guys around imo!

**Mini update**

So it's been but just a couple days from moving the clones into dwc and they have already responded nicely. All four have grown probably about 3/4 inch but you can tell they're quite spry and should bush out nicely.

I'm using GLR lighting schedule in veg after an initial 24hrs lights on at transplant. So they are in 5.5 hrs of lights out right now. Otherwise I'd throw a couple pics in. In any case, I start chop tomorrow after work on the 4 plant tent these girls will go into. Hopefully I'll manage to get it all done, clean up the tent and buckets, and switch to MH and move these girls into the tent and have more room for training in veg by Weds.

Getting these 4 into the tent for longer veg under MH is critical for me this time around as it will allow me more room/leverage for training with my hi defoliation. In the past, veging in the closet has had limitations to training them because they were in a narrow closet. I think that's costing me a lot in terms of yield and at times even quality, mainly of lower bud because they weren't trained laterally enough and couldnt get the lower light penetration resulting in some lower buds being fluffier and certainly smaller than desired.

This should be a really fun & awesome grow! :thumb:

Here's the pics from yesterday. They're kinda bad pics.

Note the pics with editing. Especially LightAddict!

The BLUE is roughly the spot I think I want to clip off at for "Fluxing". The interesting thing about these clones is that they were taken from clones and both of those grows were run using Gas Lantern Routine and as such, are showing sex already and the nodes are alternating rather than stacked. So my clipping will actually be above one side branch. Maybe I'll clip that one too? I dunno?

Hopefully get them into the RDWC tent tomorrow.

Pics:
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_029.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_028.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_028.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_030.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_030.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_031.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_032.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_033.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_033.JPG

Edit: **** Not worried about the few leaves with discolored edges at all. They were in the cloning tray a long time. Besides, those leaves will likely be gone soon anyways!

This is what's preventing transplant into the tent and MH veg. I've got about 1500 grams trimmed so far (wet) and probably another 800-900 to go. Maybe less. I'm so slow at this. But there's also a lot of very good well sized bud.

Here's some pics.
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_026.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_025.JPG

Notice my hand at the bottom for some size comparison.
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_024.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_015.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_012.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_010.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_007.JPG
HGK_chop_Day_3_veg_002.JPG

Very fine and potent meds you produce, going to enjoy seeing these newcomers take hold.

Holy Freakin Cow!!! That's a lot of really nice looking bud Bassman. +reps and congrats on the Harvest. :adore:

What's up Bass!
Even though I haven't made the switch to hydro yet, I still find myself fascinated with your journals and techniques!
Glad you got inspired to throw down on another.
subbed up!
here's some long over due reps my friend..
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom