Greenergrass - Coco Closet Grow - K-Train & G13

greenergrass

This is my first grow journal I have grown a few times before mostly in soil once in hydro, please forgive my mistakes as i am new to this site any feedback is appreciated. OK so here is some basic information for a start

Strain- k-train x2 G-13 Haze x2 (4 plants in total)

K Train is a mostly indica strain that was developed by Greenhouse Seeds as a cross between Kush and Trainwreck. These parents are both popular in their own right and were chosen to try and combine their prized effects: the muscle-relaxant qualities of Kush with the lucid mental buzz that Trainwreck induces. Once you get on the K Train, be prepared to sit back and relax with something creative for a while. Thanks to its potency, it’s a popular medical choice to treat depression, stress disorders, and pain for patients who want to relax without total sedation. Still a strong indica, the K Train hits you hard and fast and may prove to be an intense ride for some. These plants are easy to grow and should flower in 9 weeks with the oversized buds that are characteristic of its Trainwreck lineage. K Train’s Kush genetics dominate the aroma, making it sweet and earthy with a hint of black licorice.

This hybrid of G13 has been crossed with an original Haze to give it a more uplifting sensation while still retaining the heavy hitting indica undertones. G13 was bred for maximum potency and renowned for its medical use, and it's definitely not recommended for beginners.
Medium- Coco (air pots)

Lights- 200w cfl

the plants are only 2 weeks old from seed I have not given any nutes yet, I will start at a 1/4 strength next week
They are in a wardrobe that is about 3 ft back 4.5 ft wide and 6 ft hight got a small bathroom extracter fan going inside my homemade muffler
The temp is usually between 22 C and 28 C , Although there was a fan failure the other day and it got to 32
the seedlings were showing slight signs of heat stress

The ph of my tapwater is 6.5 witch is good enough for me not much more info i can think of feel free to ask
I am hoping for around 10 ounces at the end

I will upload some pictures shortly let me know what you think

Re: greenergrass, coco closet grow, k-train and g13

WP_000366.jpg
WP_000365.jpg
WP_0003671.jpg
WP_000381.jpg
WP_000384.jpg
WP_000383.jpg
WP_000382.jpg

O.K so I figure I should give an update to whomever may read this haha,
Its been two weeks and they could have went a bit better the babies were heat stressed and slowly recovering temps are now kept in normal range.

last week i decided to give 1/4 strength nutes silly me i accidentally used flowering stimulator in place of enzymes and that's cos I didn't look at the bottle properly only realize a few days later when i looked at the enzyme bottle an realised it wasn't open Whoops!

so i went ahead and flushed them and then gave correct nutes correct ph n all so my 2 g13 plants seem to have a touch of potassium toxicity so i shall keep a keen eye on them and flush again if necessary.

i always make silly mistakes so i have to watch out for that things that cought me out before are silly stuff like
Not putting the timer switch to timer mode instead its just always on
when using a hydro/aero d.i.y system thingy i forgot to plug the pump back in when testing ph once or twice

so watch out for the stupid mistakes and don't be over confident and take your time that's something i've learned i may start keeping a checklist

ok so 8 days on from the last post, they have all recovered from heat stress and a bit of nute burn and are now a week into veg, got some seriously slow growth for the first two weeks cos of all the stress.

the largest one was germinated a week after the others cos a seed failed to germ this one avoided the high temps witch is why its ahead of the others its been f.i.m'd and tied down for maximum budding sites when the time comes i havent pruned any others as i dont feel there big enough yet

i also got sick of my 200w cfl and replaced it with an air cooled 600w mh and surprisingly because of the cool tube my temps are in the same range if not slightly cooler i removed my pathetic little batroom extractor out of the diy muffler cos it wouldnt fit beside the light so the ducting is straighter to witch seems to have increased the airflow

i would have never thought in a million years that this batroom extractor fan (something like 50cfm) would ever be enough too keep this small closet with a 600w mh cool but to my surprise it does all i can say is cool tubes are fantastic

its been a week and a bit and everything seems good ,im having a hard time getting the ph of my run-off down the g13 run-off is at 6.3 and the ktrain is 6.1. i would like it to be like 5.8 ,iv been giving water phd to 5.6, i will attempt to flush with lower phd water next week to see if i can fix it .

i am finding coco a great medium for growing definitely quicker than soil not as quick as dwc ,its definitely less work than alot of hydro set ups so yea i would recommend coco to anyone whos lazy or forgetful or some of those traits that go with being a stoner

anywho heres todays photos

12398.jpg
31436.jpg
41076.jpg
5872.jpg

the ktrains smell realy nice skunky and cheesy at the same time
g 13 doesn't smell as strong at the moment just leafy earthy haha

Looking great!! Subbed

Hi greeergrass,
Awesome journal , man u get those ladies rock'in :thumb: . I have not master growing in 1 large pot ( I always seem to over water) and still transplanting pots. I want to get those black air pots , seems they are very good pots and work well for weed.
Subbed !

Cheers
J

Hi greeergrass,
Awesome journal , man u get those ladies rock'in :thumb: . I have not master growing in 1 large pot ( I always seem to over water) and still transplanting pots. I want to get those black air pots , seems they are very good pots and work well for weed.
Subbed !

Cheers
J
hey man welcome to my grow
this is the first time I've used these air pots and i really like them.
the combination of them and the coco is giving me much faster growth than soil.
I find you have to water slowly to prevent all the water coming out the holes in the sides :thumb:

re: Greenergrass - Coco Closet Grow - K-Train & G13

hey everyone,
the plants have been in 12/12 for about two weeks now, All female :high-five:

done a flush last week in case of salt build up,
got some nice looking buds coming in now

k train strain seems to stretch allot were as the g13 not so much im going to higher the pots to get a more even canopy

Back
Top Bottom