Chinnubie's 1st Soil Grow Using Purple Kush

Chinnubie

First off I'm sorry to everyone for starting this sooooo late in the process but I wasn't sure I'd get this far. Some of the remarkable ways to grow have amazed me to no end. This is just a standard soil grow other than topping them.

Strain: 3 Purple Kush from cropking seeds.
Medium: Soil from a nursery here local. Ferti-Loam without any additional perlite/vermiculite.
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor 2'X3'X8' closet.
Temps: 4" Inline fan vented to the attic keeping the temp 73F to 84F.
PH: Stayed at 6.8 the entire grow up to now.
RH: 40%-55%
Lights: 2-150 Watt HPS
12/12 switch for 26 days now.
Water/Nutes: Water here is 130-150 ppm and used sparingly some fish ferts throughout veg but gone to an MG Bloom Boost after going to 12/12. The instructions have been followed to the letter on the Bloom Boost. We have been going about every 4-5 days of watering but mostly by moisture level in the pot.
Pots: 1 plant in 5 gallon nursery pot. Like an idiot I put 2 plants in one large 10-12 gallon nursery pot. Had to destroy a hermaphrodite bag seed plant which took up room which is why I put the 2 in one pot.

They were vegged for 5-6 weeks then they were put in 12/12 and they really took off. From the ground the 5 main stalks have grown taller than me at 5'8".:woohoo:

Never, did I Imagine they would get this tall indoor, being a mostly Indica plant. The write-up for the websites claim says, this is from Cali Purple Kush & Original Kush 75% Indica and 27% THC. Hope I can live up to the hype? My guess would be that if grown to its maximum potential those could be the results.
I was wondering why there weren't more PK grows on here recently, but no matter. I hope everyone will enjoy this grow with me. Finally here are the latest pics.
2014-05-09_11_50_29.jpg
2014-05-09_11_50_39.jpg
2014-05-09_11_51_04.jpg
2014-05-09_11_50_56.jpg
2014-05-08_14_14_23.jpg
2014-05-08_14_13_49.jpg
2014-05-08_14_13_08.jpg
2014-05-06_15_37_531.jpg
2014-05-06_15_38_101.jpg
2014-05-06_15_38_10.jpg
2014-05-06_15_29_18.jpg

I'll update as much as I can.

We have had a cold snap come through with lows in the mid 40's. My understanding is to make sure the plants don't get below 60 degrees in the grow room to keep them from getting stunted plus I did a little defoliating down on the lower parts that weren't getting any light. They only got up to 72F yesterday and with the overnight temps in the middle 40'sF unable to get into the room because they are sleeping until noon. Watering has become more of an issue as well, the plant in the pot by itself seems to be really moist but the pot with the 2 plants seems to get dry after 2 days. I guess I'll just water the dry one and leave the moist one alone? Another problem we had early on when we began was there were no fans to buy during the winter months and ended up getting two really weak air-moving fans. I'm going to solve that problem with a tower fan because of the limited space. Getting a heater at this late stage would be a waste to use for 2 or 3 days so I'm going to have to tough it out and hope there is no long lasting effects on the plants. Probably talking to myself, unless I were a woman then everyone would be offering their two cents. Am I doing good? Is that why no comments?

Invite people!
Well, you can throw that "indica dom" thing right out the window huh?
With the watering thing, the pot with 2 plants is gonna evaporate a lot more than the single. Make sure not to over water tho. Your plants look great btw :)

How?? I guess I'll have to comment more so I can invite people. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. You think these plants have gotten the sativa side of the genetic mix? Been wondering why they've gotten sooooo tall, so will probably end up taking longer to fully flower? The original purpose of PK was to get the pain relieving side of the high level of THC. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining but I have a feeling the effect of these buds might end up giving a more energetic, up type buzz. Have to wait and see.

How?? I guess I'll have to comment more so I can invite people. I appreciate you taking the time to comment. You think these plants have gotten the sativa side of the genetic mix? Been wondering why they've gotten sooooo tall, so will probably end up taking longer to fully flower? The original purpose of PK was to get the pain relieving side of the high level of THC. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining but I have a feeling the effect of these buds might end up giving a more energetic, up type buzz. Have to wait and see.

Go to other journals with similar growing styles as yours and add a post. That way youre subscribed to their journal and once they see you have a journal theyll show up to see what you have going on! This site is awesome when it comes to helpful people...believe me. Its where many growers have gained most of their knowledge.
Yeah, those girls are way more sativa dominant. What id do next time if youre looking for the pain relieving properties is go for a good heavy indica like a kush (whoever sold you those seeds got it all wrong...sorry bro)
Just keep reading and inviting people who you find are experts at their respective styles of growing and ask questions. And trust me there are way more experts on this sight than you can imagine lol
Otherwise just keep doing what youre doing! Regardless of the strain, genes or phenotypes youre doing a bang up job and should get some fine produce!
Oh, and welcome to 420!!! :)

I think your plants are stretching to the lights. How 2 150W don't have a lot of penetration so they need to be close to the plants. Did you have to move them that high, because the plant grew or were they up there all ready. Indica's should never get that high, sativas do. Maybe add some supplemental CFL around the side, they look like they are stretching for light. JMO.

To put your journal in your sig you need to go to your CP select edit signature. Paste in the name of your journal, highlight it select the Link tab and paste in your url for your journal. All your posts will be updated with your journal in your signature. It helped me a lot to get traffic to my journal. As you can see I have three links in my Sig. Don't get link envy there are lots with even more links. :)

I've sub'd so I check by every so often.

The light was never more than 8" above the plants. There is 32,000 lumens with those 2 lights there are only 3 plants in a 22"x 39"x8' closet. They aren't stretching for light. I think I got screwed from cropking telling me they were indica dominant. At least they were females. Looks like I'll be in flower longer than I wanted.

If you dont have a lot invested in your medium id look in to high brix growing dude. Look up doc buds high brix journal and do some reading to see if it might be something youre interested in. Its super easy and the produce will be second to none. It eliminates all the guess work. If you like the idea of organic soil growing then id say check it out and talk to doc bud. Oh, and i agree with Trys, get some supplemental cfl lighting for the sides before you get too far into bloom...your girls will thank you with a larger yield without sacrificing quality.
Have a great day :)

I would suggest super cropping those beasts. Take the tall branches and bend them down 90 degrees without snapping them. You could then lower your lights and get an even canopy to light. With how much stretching has occurred those lower buds will not develop well.

What are you using for a reflector or hood with those 150 watt HPS lamps?

Can we get a picture of the ceiling of your tent? I'd like to see your lighting.

They have apparently stopped because the plant by itself has stayed at 6' from the floor and the 2 in one pot have stayed at 5'9" from the floor since watering w/boost on Friday the 16th, but I haven't watered in 5 days so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if they will stay at their respective heights.

They are in a 6 sq. ft. closet with an 8' height. There are 2 150 watt HPS from Sun Systems that have been on these ladies since day one never more than 8" above the plants. They were less than 24" when 12/12 began on 4/18. Here's a pic from then.

2014-04-18_09_52_19.jpg

2014-04-18_09_53_13.jpg

2014-04-18_09_52_51.jpg

2014-04-18_09_52_19.jpg

"There are 2 150 watt HPS from Sun Systems that have been on these ladies since day one never more than 8" above the plants. They were less than 24" when 12/12 began on 4/18."

So confusing. So then it was more than 8" above the tops in 12/12? Did you move the lights up for 12/12?

As they grew I would move the lights up keeping them 8" above. The lights have ratchet pulleys attached to the ceiling in order to adjust them. I would go to turn the lights on and they would have grown 3" so then I would move the lights up 3". This was the process for the last 3 weeks but they seemed to have finally settled down and hopefully concentrate on making flowers. I'm sorry that I didn't explain myself very well.

These plants would have been good candidates for super cropping. If they were bent over it would expose more of the plant to the limited light, therefore using it more efficiently.

These plants would have been good candidates for super cropping. If they were bent over it would expose more of the plant to the limited light, therefore using it more efficiently.
Yeah, it would have been great had it been done long ago. Now the only way to get a decent yield would be more light....and fast lol

Yeah, it would have been great had it been done long ago. Now the only way to get a decent yield would be more light....and fast lol

Yield is yield.
Not all of us are blessed with big lights.:bigtoke:

As a first time grower, Chinnubie is looking at more yield than some of the bean killers :rip:who make grow logs here.

But yeah, I'd loan a 600w for 3 weeks if we were neighbors :)

Back
Top Bottom