Zamal Reunion

What strain is it? Seeds of Africa - Zamal Reunion (6 regular seeds).

Are they Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Sativa.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Started seeds germinating today at 10:10 A.M.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4 Advanced.

If soil... What size pot? 6" at first, then I'll transplant to 2 or 3 gallon pots.

Size of lights? This will vary depending depending on open space, but CFL or fluorescent; maybe 250 watt Agrosun for veg (18/6) and 400 or 600 watt HPS for flower (12/12).

Is it aircooled? 6" inline fan with air cooled reflector.

Temp of Room/cab? around 80 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 43%.

PH of media or res? Don't check.

Any Pests ? No.

How often are you watering? I expect to water and feed alternately 2 times a week.

Type and strength of ferts used? General Organics.

From the information on one of Graytail's threads about determining sex of a seed by appearance, there should be 5 females here (cratered at the end where the seed attaches to the plant). The last seed looks as if a meteor tried to hit the moon, but it wasn't hard enough and made an impact spot but not a hole (which should make it a male by that same info). The last seeds of these I grew were all males, so this makes sense to me. I should have put two of these to the side, though. I'm giving thought to doing a no mercy grow here (straight 12/12 from seed). Post pics soon.

Notes: Almost 2 days later and only one of these seeds popped open and one is cracked. Looking back at the first grow of these I did, of those 6 seeds I didn't get a good germination rate (I think it was only 50%), and all were males. If 3 of these pop and I get 2 females, I'll be happy.
I also put a Super Critical Haze fem seed I have into this grow (started germinating today).

Three of the Zamal Reunion seeds had tails this morning, so I planted them in a 4" plastic pot (Roots Organics soil) along with the Super Critical Haze seed, which was cracked and had the tip of the tail just coming out. The other 3 Zamal Reunion seeds look the same; the seam isn't open on them yet. Post first pics in a day or two.

It's looking like a 4 plant grow at this point. None of the other 3 Zamal Reunion seeds opened. I'll leave them for now, but it's not likely that they'll open up. Another 50% germ rate with the other half of the seeds I bought too. Feeling confident on at least one female Zamal Reunion plant this time. :)

0012357.JPG

:)

I'm glad you soaked enough to cover for the 50% germination rate. I am truly looking forward to seeing how the Zamals do versus Ace's Zamaldelica. Good luck with the grow, PotChimp!

Hey welcome sorry it's been a while I run a few journals here they are at 1 week and 5 days; keeping them on short veg hours (13.25/10.75) seems to be keeping them manageable in size, but way too small (the Super Critical Haze plant is the front right one):

0012366.JPG

Close up of a Zamal Reunion seedling:

0022318.JPG

Note: I put these under a 125 watt full spectrum CFL today because I needed the 200 watt grow unit for my Thai Stick/GDP grow. The Thai Stick plant is stretching :jawdropper:

They seem to be okay with the same light schedule for veg that I used on my Thai Stick grow (13.25/10.75). Here they are at two weeks from seed:

0071619.JPG

I lightly RO watered them today and added 1 tsp. CaMg+, 4 tsp. H-2, 2 tsp. F-1, and 7.6 ml. Voodoo Juice to the gallon of water.

These got their second feeding yesterday (3 weeks and 6 days from seed):

0022335.JPG

The one in the back has dead spots on the leaves and it's looking bad, but the recent growth on it is looking better. I'm going to experiment and move it. I don't mention it often, but I use those rot bags in my grow units and it could be dropping the CO2 right on top of that particular plant.

All these plants are 4 weeks and 6 days from seed. See the nitrogen claw on the leaves of these two Zamal Reunion plants?

0012396.JPG
0022347.JPG

I am going to water down a measured amount of nutes from now on, taking the feeding dosage on these down to half strength. The only reason that this third Zamal Reunion plant didn't get it is because the plant was a runt seedling and didn't need watering at the time; I barely put any food in it:

0032243.JPG

Even the tips of this Super Critical Haze plant are a little burnt:

0042109.JPG

Under 13.25/10.75, a lot of what I have is going into flower; even this grow seems to be showing at the nodes. I'm going to move the lighting schedule up to 13.75/10.25 to see if I can get this no mercy effect to stop (or slow down). I like that with some Sativas, but I don't want it happening to plants this small. :(

Moved it up to 14/10 :straightface:
Here they are the first plant on the left in the first pic is the Super Critical Haze and the rest are the Zamal Reunion plants:

0042112.JPG
0051989.JPG

The SCH is going into the 600 watt bloom tent soon; it's getting too many hairs.

Outstanding! How ya doing Pot Chimp? Your grows look delish'!

Hey what's up I'm doing okay I just have to get these in bigger pots and this 250 watt Agrosun bulb is too small for them now that they're this big plus that SCH is going into flower still at 14/10.

Zamal Reunion - left and middle; Super Critical Haze - right:

0012412.JPG

The final count is two Zamal Reunion females and one male, which I culled this morning. I transplanted the three remaining plants into 3 gallon grow bags (SSM#4 Advanced) and fed them all with 15.2 ml Iguana Juice grow and 5 ml SensiCal grow/gallon RO water and used 1/2 gallon on each. These are running at 14/10 and are under the 250 watt Agrosun bulb still. Because a Chem D grow I'm doing is getting too tall, I'm going to put these under a 400 watt HPS soon instead of a 600 watt HPS (which I plan to finish them under). Change of plans again..... :straightface:

Zamal Reunion at 7 weeks and 2 days from seed. At 14/10 these didn't stop flowering, and the females look different. Here's the one that's growing slightly mutated:

0012420.JPG

The other one

0022368.JPG

Super Critical Haze:

0032265.JPG

In about a week they'll go into another unit, but I think the SCH will be going sooner.

Back
Top Bottom