My First Grow! - CFL Closet - Raspberry & Hash Plant

KrayzDrummer

Hello fellow farmers :)

I decided this would be the best place to keep my journal of my first grow. This way I could get some expert advice... I actually had 8 Raspberry plants and killed em all with PH Down BOOOO! So here we go again ..

Raspberry:

Started with clones I got from a close friend. Killed em all with PH Down in my spray bottle! Lesson learned ... .won't be doing that again lol

These are 4weeks and going strong so far so good!

Using 9 100w Cool White CFL's with a couple Soft white (someone told me it was a good idea to add the soft whites)

Hash Plant:

These I'm starting from seeds :) I got from my local dispensary
Seedlings are just starting to sprout 48hrs after I put them in damp paper towel in a zip lock in a dark place ;)

pics to follow

hdfuye Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

re: My First Grow! CFL Closet - Raspberry & Hash Plant

WP_20150627_16_45_40_Pro.jpg

Looks like a pretty good start! If your going to finish with cfl, I recommend training them down to a level canopy. CFLs have excellent spectrum quality but low intensity. If you can keep the lights near most flowering sites, I think you'll increase both quality and yield. Those are only my thoughts, tough to argue against what you've done so far. They look good!

Thanks for the input... being a noob i'm not quite sure what you mean by level canopy and how I achieve this. :)

Hmm.. I highly recommend you read a journal by Light Addict. Then, don't even attempt his techniques until you've got a grow or 2 under your belt. The theory is to top, bend, and manipulate your plants to grow sideways leaving a flat canopy. Some use screens "scrog" (screen of green). LST (low stress training) is another term used heavily around the forum as well. If you keep your plant canopy flat (growing sideways) it's easier to position lights for maximum efficiency.

Awesome .... Thanks (Y) time to do some reading

I planned on scrogging seems easy enough

Question ... When it comes to seeds.. Can I drop em in some soil in a large pot or is it necesary to start them in a small cup or block ? And is ProMix good enough or is there something better for starting the root system?

So I did some reading and decided to plant the germinated seeds in the 12'' pots that they would eventually end up in. Using ProMix Potting soil.... Crossed fingers :)

WP_20150627_23_39_11_Pro.jpg

You'll be fine. I prefer to "step up" my pots. Growing seedlings in big pots can be a bit tricky not to over/under water. I usually go 16oz cups, 1 gallon pot, final pot. That goes for just about everything I grow. I don't wait for the taproot to show. 12(ish) hours in water and straight to moist soil. Mist the top once a day until the seedling is developed. That's going to be a ton of plants for cfls. Good luck and keep the updates coming! I just planted 5 beans today if you want to check them out in the coming months.

Thanks again for the input. I went and picked up another 8 lights today for the next lighting upgrade. I'm hoping that once the HP starts vegging nicely the Raspberry will be ready to put into 12/12. I'd like to get into some sort of rhythm so i'm always playing in the garden and never without medicine :)

Yes indeed I'd like to see what you have going on in the coming months !

I'm doing some research right now on different ways to train
- Supercropping
- Lolipopping
- Topping
- Monster Cropping
Are they all about the same and just come down to personal preference or is one better than the other ?

With cfl.. You'll want to really read up on TOP, FIM, and LST. It's easy to get wrapped up in a lot of technique. It's truely is as simple as "put seeds in dirt, add water, add light". The rest is all twist that "tweak" the final outcome. That is going to be a greenhouse when those seedlings grow up a bit. Practice taking a clone just to keep you busy! I'm going to take one or two today (just because). Keep on keeping on! It's looking good.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom