Here We Grow Again! - A-train's DP Auto Ultimate x 2

Hello all...... the 420 Express has reached its final designation and it's time to begin another adventure. This round I'll be stuffing 2 auto ultimates in a 3x3x5 tent, I'll be strapping, chaining, tie-in, beating and any other form of LST I need to use to try and maximize my space as much as possible and maintain a nice even canopy. Or at least that's the plan.-

Tent: 3x3x5 secret Jardin, air cooled hood, and-phresh carbon filter.

Lighting: 600w metal halide veg and 600w hortilux hps for flower.-

Pots and soil: 5 gallon smart pots filled with promix bx with 1tbs/gal ESPOMA garden lime added in.

Nutes: Advanced Nutrients grow / micro / bloom base nutes , vodoo juice, b52, Big Bud, and overdrive. Botanicare 0-15-0 ph down, general organics cal/mag plus.

Just dropped the seeds in a cup of water today so hopefully they both germ seeing as I only have 2 lol. There is a backup plan if one doesn't make it I will add an og kush auto from nirvana and another auto spanish d.-

AutoUltimate-Dutch-Passion.jpg
20150726_132956.jpg

Auto ultimates are schedules for 10 weeks and that's a little long for autos but stick around for the show folks and you'll see why. These plants are YIELDERS!!!

Made it too the 1st page. Got a good seat and ready for the show. Teach me something Doc......

:thanks:Thanks for joining me fellas. I dropped them in there 5 gallon smart pots moments ago gave them a little bubbled tap and now we wait. Good to have you guys tagging along hopefully we can all learn something together. This round should be full of LST auto teqniques to tame these things in my tent. I'll be posting my planned feed. Schedule this evening sometime.

Ok here's my planned setup and feedings and why

Well start with the ROOTS. the first place to start is the pots and soil. I use smart pots but really any airpot or pot that forces the root system to air prune itself. Air prune with air pots essentially kills the tip of the root when it gets to the edge of the pot forcing it to branch out along the root stem and form a larger mass of roots instead of following the path of the edge of the bucket to the bottom and not branching as much. I also only use 5 gal and up. With auto's and any other mj the quickest way to stop growth and keep plants smaller is to limit there root growing space. So if you want small concealable stealthy plants by all means use a 1 gallon pot. I want them as big as I can get lol. I also germ and then go straight to final pot. I don't want my girls to be root bound by a smaller container for even one day. Imo that's one less day of flowering and with auto's every day counts.

I use pro mix bx with myco. Others are just as good I just prefer soiless mixes with little to no nutes so I'm in control of all feeds and how much, and promix is very light allowing those roots to travel anywhere they please with little effort . I add dolomite lime @ 1tbs/gal to help balance the ph to a neutral 7. Pro mix bx is a SOILESS mix and I feed it just above reccomended hydro ph and just below soil ph. So 6.0 to 6.2 ph feeds. Imo this allows me to feed @ 6.0 ph and as the pot dries and ph slowly creeps back toward 7ph the plant is able to absorb nutrients in all ranges in between.

I do not water to run off. For me nutes are too expensive to be running 10 percent of them off into a catch pan. Understand that salts will build up quicker if not watering to run off and allowing some salts to be washed away but we'll compensate for that later with a flush before going into flower-

I start seedlings for 10 days with plain water that I sit out and bubble for 24 hrs minimum prior to use to rid of chlorine to not kill some of the tings we are trying to put into our soiless mix. It also saturates the H2O with oxygen and the more oxygen getting to the roots the better. This also helps prevent root rot and other root destroying problems. I begin seedlings with 1/2 liter each watering as needed and only water at the root base straight to the bottom of the pot in attempt to get the tap root straight to the bottom as quick as possible. I up the amount of water used by 1/2 L as needed as the plant grows. Once they are drinking 1L of water a day I up it to 2 over other day or as needed and use the pot weight to judge this. If needed to wet the entire pot bit still gst 0 runoff i will use 2.5L per feed. I also feed every watering I do not use plain water til the flush

On now to the NUTES lol

Advanced nutrients grow / micro / bloom will be used from start to finish beginning on day 10 at a 1 / 1 / 1 ratio EVERY FEED I start the liluns out @ .5ml/L for the first few feed then go to 1ml/L for a bit to get them acclimated to the nutes. I watch closely and raise or lower my dose through to the end according to the leaves color and shape and the plants over all stance (hope that makes since) if the leaves are all nice green, flat, and pointing slightly up towards the light we are in business. The 3 part grow micro bloom will provide a plant with all of the BASE nutrients to live a healthy life but more will be needed as the plant needs more p and K during flower.also there have been many studies done that show the benifit of a plant having easier access to b vitamins and not using its energy to break down other components to generate it's own. Remember autos have a predetermined life cycle and anything that can reduce stress or allow the plant to put more energy into building flowers is a good thing. So I use the reccomended dose of AN B52 of 2ml/L for the entire life of the plant. Then the first 2 weeks of growth I also use vodoo juice as a root mass expander. A plant can only grow as big as the root Mass that feeds it. The root mass expanders place benificial microbes , bacteria, and fungi in the soil to let the root system thrive and break down old root mass to allow new useful growth. This is why I bubble or attempt to bubble out the chlorine that can kill these same things were paying good money to put into the soil. After 2 weeks I stop adding the vodoo juice since as long as your soil stays slightly moist the bacteria will thrive and no more needs to be added. About 3 weeks into it I add in a light dose of cal/mag plus from general organics and I follow manufacturer dose of light feed.

After the vodoo is stopped I continue to feed g/m / b, B52, and cal/mag until I get some pre flowers established. Not just see them but the them start to grow a bit then this for me is about midway through my grow
. So to prevent the salt buildup from locking out any nutes later I give the pots a good flush before starting my bloom nutes. I use 3x the pots area of water to properly flush then the last few liters I put in have normal levels of nutes mixed in.

Now i will begin feeding a new product, Big Bud. I will also begin using the vodoo juice again since the excessive flush may have disturbed our little tribe of bacteria i want to reestablish that.

So the FLOWERING NUTE feed will be g/m / b, B52, vodoo juice and Big Bud, usually by now I'm feeding 2ml/L across the board. Maybe up to 2.5 if they'll handle it. This is 1/2 recommended dose from AN.
The big bud will provide The added P and K needed to produce nice buds on your plants. Same as in Veg once we get the bacteria and microbes established again we can stop the vodoo juice. I now up my feed of cal/mag as well to a medium dose for flowering but watch for rust spots carefully some of these gals can be real hogs of cal/mag during flower and need even more than recommended heavy dose.

Ok once I see all verticle growth has stopped and some of the bud building begin to slow and get some cloudy trichs I switch out big bud for the last product called Overdrive. Overdrive is claimed to have a mix of things in it that will actually prolong flowering and keep the flowering stage building longer. I believe this to be true due to my sour cracks I see many many others chopping @ 60 to 65 days with amber trichs and since using OD on my plants I'm on day 63 with only a few orange hairs and not even all cloudy trichs and she's still building flowers.

Ok-folks otw out the door to work this fine morning and a quick check of the tent we got one emerging from the soil hoping her sister is soon to follow. Maybe there will be more action by the time I get home in 12 hrs--

I have yet to name my girls so far so this thread why not. Helga and Olga seem fitting names for two quite large hardy women so well go with that for good luck. So the first to emerge will be-known-as Helga. Hoping her-sister is-soon to follow.

Nice set up i have just popped an autoultimate and dutch passion think different automatic on my current journel.these are big yielders.my seeds are week old tomorrow:) il be watching good luck;)

Best of luck mate im only about 6 days ahead of u so we should finish up about thr same time.be interesting to see if we get what the picture shows .il try my damn best ha ha.keep it green.happy growing every1 on 420 mag:)

She will need strapping down keep the beast under control.ha ha;) i just hope mine dont grow to tall my tent about 5 and a half foot high.time will tell :)

Back
Top Bottom